ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee @ FIU, 6:30PM (ESPN3), Thursday, January 19, 2017

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Middle Tennessee (9-7, 4-1 C-USA) vs. FIU Panthers (4-12, 2-3 C-USA)

Date: Thursday, January 19

Tip-Off: 6:30 p.m. CT

TV: None

Online Streaming: ESPN3

Radio: 1450 AM, 89.5 FM, 97.5 FM, 100.5 FM, 101.9 FM, 102.5 FM

Free Audio: Click here

Series Record: 35th meeting; MT leads series 25-9

Last Meeting: March 5, 2016 (MT 77, FIU 55)

Rosters: MT/FIU

warren nolan live rpi: MT #23 / FIU #347

Live-RPI.com: MT #23 / FIU #347

Sagarin: MT #62 / FIU #291

Pomeroy: MT #55 / FIU #281

KPI: MT #24 / FIU #339

excerpt:

...Down at FIU Arena in Miami on Thursday evening, the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders will be meeting up with the FIU Golden Panthers.

Middle Tennessee comes into this game with a 15-3 record on the year. The Blue Raiders have won five games in a row, topping UAB, Rice, North Texas, Marshall and Western Kentucky in that frame.

Three players have done the bulk of the heavy lifting for Middle Tennessee this year. JaCorey Williams leads the team with 17.9 PPG and 7.2 RPG (also a team high), while Reggie Upshaw holds 15.2 PPG and 6.7 RPG and Giddy Potts has 15.2 PPG with 5.3 RPG.

Over on the Florida International side, they’re entering play here with a 4-14 record this season. The Golden Panthers have lost their last five games straight and 10 of their last 11. In the current losing streak, FIU has fallen to Marshall, Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic, UTEP and UT San Antonio in that span.

Leading the way for the Golden Panthers this year in scoring is Donte McGill, with 18.8 PPG. Michael Lessens (14.4 PPG; 9.7 RPG) and Eric Nottage (10.2 PPG; 4.3 RPG) are in double-figures for FIU as well.

Middle Tennessee is 5-0 ATS in their last five Thursday games, and 9-1 ATS in their last 10 games following a straight-up win. Middle Tennessee is also 5-1 ATS in their last six road games, and 10-2 ATS in their last 12 games overall.

Meanwhile, Florida International is 10-4-1 ATS in their last 15 games versus a team with a winning straight-up record, and 2-5 ATS in their last seven games overall. Florida International is also 1-4 ATS in their last five Thursday games, and 0-5 ATS in their last five home games......

The FAU games scares me a little. I was hoping the FIU game wouldn't be this close. FAU almost beat UAB last night.

The FAU games scares me a little. I was hoping the FIU game wouldn't be this close. FAU almost beat UAB last night.

I saw that score. That score plus FAU beat Ohio State earlier in the season in Columbus, Ohio, means the Blue Raiders can't take the FAU Owls lightly.

Definitely a game we would be more prone to lose than others. Definitely time to play up to the competition. Really looking forward to it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT