ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ FAU (ASN), 11AM, Saturday, November 14

LOL!!! Thank you for being a Jacka$$ Stoshak. Hahahahah and our D finally woke up and held em scoreless. I've never seen that taunting call that negates a TD before.

Reactions: Raiderclyde
I'm very glad that these teams we are playing in November are terrible. A win is a win!

Last edited:
Got the win thank goodness. The D played good with the one true mistake being the DB getting beat by Stoshak. But for us to then keep them out of the end zone twice speaks volumes. FAU was keyed up with it being senior day and we just did what we had to when we needed to. Good win and now we are one win away for a bowl.

Reactions: TeKEraider
Well it was a torrential downpour the entire game and we were missing our top 2 defensive players. We could have laid down but we stood our ground and got it done.

I missed the second half of the game and come home to see that FAU practically gave us the game on the taunting on the fle flicker, which leads me to this question. WHy do we keeo getting beat on these trick plays. Western beat us on a couple I think La Tech beat us on one. We were beat on one last week somebody tipped the pass otherwise the receiver would still be running towards the endzone and then the one today.

I missed the second half of the game and come home to see that FAU practically gave us the game on the taunting on the fle flicker, which leads me to this question. WHy do we keeo getting beat on these trick plays. Western beat us on a couple I think La Tech beat us on one. We were beat on one last week somebody tipped the pass otherwise the receiver would still be running towards the endzone and then the one today.
That was actually Marshall's second trick play. They connected the on the first. 21 got beat but played a hell of game considering he wasn't expected to play. Curtrer was hurt in walk throughs(stepped I a hole)according to the TV so he got minimal reps this week and found out he would start at the last possible minute. Came up with big plays all game.

But the kid did taunt and it's the rule. It doesn't matter because we held them out of the endzone on our 10 yard line even with the penalty. Then they drive it again and we shut em down again. Proud of our D.

Reactions: TeKEraider

To answer your question, our secondaries are supposed to make their reads on plays like that. Thing is they have about a second to see that receiver release down field while they have their eyes on who has the ball. Those trick plays work a lot like play action passes and just gets people out of position.
It is not easy to defend those plays. I've seen NFL defenses bite on Fisher's trick plays many of times.

To answer your question, our secondaries are supposed to make their reads on plays like that. Thing is they have about a second to see that receiver release down field while they have their eyes on who has the ball. Those trick plays work a lot like play action passes and just gets people out of position.
It is not easy to defend those plays. I've seen NFL defenses bite on Fisher's trick plays many of times.
It seems like the db's should be more focused on the receivers and not the running back until the last minute but I could be very wrong just a thought

I just did a dvd recording of the game. I might try to capture the taunting play and yes, it was clear that he taunted. Stoshak caught the pass and ran backwards from the 6 yard line into the endzone smiling and gesturing all the way. Then our DB, slapped his helmet, which drew another penalty. To be honest, I'm glad he did because it drew attention to what had happened and got the other refs involved in the decision. I've never seen that called before but it is a new rule as well. It's a good rule and it was clearly broken on that play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT