Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
at Florida Atlantic

2/19/2022 | 3:00 PM

WGNS 1450 AM, 100.5 FM, 101.9 FM - ESPN 94.9 FM/95.1 FM

LIVE STATS
LISTEN LIVE
WATCH LIVE

Someone let Oliver know that it would effectively be a 3 game lead.. MT would have 3 losses, WKU & FAU would both have at least 6 losses in conference play.. total losses is the best indicator since there's an uneven number of games played thus far between teams..

FAU has been tough to beat at home and coming off a close loss last night won't help.. I wasn't able to watch last nights MT/FIU game so I'm curious as to what MT's shot selection actually looked like- if you take away the 2 for 15 of Jefferson, Weston, & Millin combined- the rest of the team shot 6 of 13.. MT made 3 of their first 4 from outside and I wondered if that opened the flood gates for poor shots..

Reactions: subkyle
Anyone else considering paying the 7 bucks for the CUSA TV stream to watch this game? I think I am but I am not expecting much as far as quality goes. I missed the FIU game but this one may too big to miss.

Reactions: Raiders_55
might be available free on vipleague.lc or km.freestreams-live1.com/

The streaming of these conference games is curious.. most are ESPN+, the home games are all free on CUSA TV, but then there’s these random pay per view ones on CUSA TV.. what’s the logic behind this? Simply up to the host school or what?

The streaming of these conference games is curious.. most are ESPN+, the home games are all free on CUSA TV, but then there’s these random pay per view ones on CUSA TV.. what’s the logic behind this? Simply up to the host school or what?
Another fine example of why most member institutions are fleeing C-USA as fast as they can.

Reactions: TrueBlue147
Both teams in the double bonus at the 8 minute mark of the half.. you see this in early preseason games but not usually deep in conference play..

Tie game 23-23 with 7:55 to play..

33-30 MT leads at the U4 media..Elias King with 5 points in that 4 minute stretch.. clean up the sloppy pocket passes in traffic and MT can stretch this before the half..

40-36 MT up at the half.. will be interesting to see if the refs allow more physical play in the 2nd half.. they started to open things up a bit the final 6-7 minutes of play.. players will have to adjust either way.. Jefferson got cookin’ late and has 18 already...

Refs have been extremely touchy with the foul call. Makes these games miserable to watch.

7 3's on the first half on 7-10 shooting from 3 and only up by 4?

Going to be very hard to win this game if we can't get some easier buckets I doubt we can keep shooting 70% from 3.

73-65 MT leads at the U4 media.. FAU shooting FTs when play resumes.. gotta play smart, take care of the ball, stay moderately aggressive offensively, and close this game out..

What a road trip! Love the way the team has been playing.

Still some tough games on the schedule before tournament play. Need to continue the momentum Monday night against a tough UTEP team.

Big win. Some tough games going forward. Breaking that 20 win mark won’t be easy but seems inevitable.

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
49 fouls called in this game. Wow. Fantastic 2nd half with some key inside play. This team is playing so much better than the Chatt or Murray State games. They are coming into their own at exactly the right time. The UTEP game will be another challenge but we have the talent and ability to get the W.

Reactions: Raiders_55
Nice win! The Florida trip can be tough when those teams are bad. It's nice to get a sweep when FAU is actually decent.

Wow. A really good win. Even during some of MT's best seasons in the last 10 years, how many times did MT have big struggles on the FxU road stretch? So, to sweep that road stretch heading into late February is outstanding in my book.

Now a quick turnaround vs a good UTEP team. The upside? UTEP is on a road stretch of their own with a quick turnaround.

Starting Monday night, it is time for fans to return to The Murphy Center. This team needs and deserves all the support they can get for this late season home stretch run!

i agree. Wish I could be there. If you live nearby, show up and raise hell!

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Numbers this morning:

NCAA NET - 107
KenPom - 102
Nolan - 58
RealTimeRPI - 55 (up from 64 yesterday)

Entirely possible that should we not get to the dance by winning the conference tournament we could be, if we don't fall on our face, in line for consideration to the NIT. (Can you see us in a bracket with one of a couple of teams from Nashville? Considerable talk on the VU/A&M game last night of it being a battle for the NIT and I feel sure Belmont/Murray loser will go to the NIT.)

Interesting, fun, and a completely unexpected year for the Blue Raiders. So nice to be relevant once again.

Never would have believed it if you told me MT would be 1st East heading into late February. Never would have believed it, but I love it!

Absent some sort of freak late season collapse, CNM should get C-USA COY in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT