ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee @ FAU, 3PM, Saturday, February 19, 2022

Numbers this morning:

NCAA NET - 107
KenPom - 102
Nolan - 58
RealTimeRPI - 55 (up from 64 yesterday)

Entirely possible that should we not get to the dance by winning the conference tournament we could be, if we don't fall on our face, in line for consideration to the NIT. (Can you see us in a bracket with one of a couple of teams from Nashville? Considerable talk on the VU/A&M game last night of it being a battle for the NIT and I feel sure Belmont/Murray loser will go to the NIT.)

Interesting, fun, and a completely unexpected year for the Blue Raiders. So nice to be relevant once again.
A lot of basketball left, but we are favored in every remaining regular season game. That gets us to 22-7 as the NCAA/NIT don’t count the games against Bryan and Brescia.

UAB was left out of the NIT at 22-7 last year, but the tourney was only 16 teams. Belmont missed out at 26-4. La Tech was a #4 seed at 21-7.

I think if we win all our remaining games as favorites and go at least 1-1 in the CUSA tourney, we would be in that 4/5 seed line for the NIT. Lose maybe 2 games total from here out, depending on who we lose to, and we can sneak in as 6. The 7/8 seeds are usually single bid conference champions that lost their conference tournament.

Pretty impressive to be in that talk given where we were the past 3 years.

Never would have believed it if you told me MT would be 1st East heading into late February. Never would have believed it, but I love it!

Absent some sort of freak late season collapse, CNM should get C-USA COY in my opinion.
And deservingly so

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT