ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (8-5, 1-1) vs Western Kentucky (8-4, 0-1), 3PM, Saturday, December 31, 2022

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Enrollment: 19,461
Arena: E.A. Diddle Arena (7,523)
Colors: Red & White Nickname: Hilltoppers
Head Coach: Rick Stansbury
Record at School: 122-73 (7th Season) Career Record: 415-239 (20th Season)
2020-21 Record: 19-13, 11-7 2020-21 Finish: 2nd C-USA 2020-21 Postseason: C-USA Quarterfinal
Starters R/L: 4/1 Letterwinners R/L: 6/6

Watching a little on CBSSN. Looks like everyone is home watching or watching college football. Crowd doesn’t look like a 100 Miles of Hate game from years past.
Lotsa empty blue plastic.

Does anyone know why Fussell is not playing any this year? I thought he showed a lot of promise his freshman year.

Enjoyable 2nd half. A number of athletic highlights. Picked up watching from the 27-19 WKU lead. Yes I understand the 1st half was atrocious. Didn't really surprise me that it took a while to wash the bad taste of the Charlotte game out of their system. There was a good stretch of excellent shot making by both teams in 2nd half. Honestly for New Year's eve with the students out & the national semi finals going on the crowd & their involvement was pretty good. Up next UTSA, hate that gym. Should be OK if we can get back to the Belmont effort.

Reactions: Noogaraider1
Always great to beat the Toppers! Understand they are paying out some big Bucks for their team. Hope Stans get back soon and gets another big contract extension. I guess all of their fans decided to stay in BG and watch our women kick their butt?

Jones has taken his minutes. Jones has looked great the last two games and is the better player.
Agree with Jones comment. Despite pockets of poor play I feel like the team is starting to round into form as we head into January. Even when we play poorly the team never waivers about playing hard & with effort. While the free throw shooting is not great, it's definitely improved from the beginning of the year. As mentioned above Jones size & play are playing more of a key role. When it gets to the point that Elias King & Jones are giving us an added 8-9 points off the bench it makes for us being very dangerous to the opposition. We're closing in on that now.

I’m really starting to think most of us were wrong about Nick.
Nick relates well with our players. You can tell by how hard they play for him. In this day and time that might be more important than X’s andO’s ? Nick has become a better coach as he has developed better more experienced players. That can only happen if you keep those players around!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT