ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (5-5, 3-3) vs ODU (4-6, 3-3) (ESPN+), 2:30PM, Saturday, November 20, 2021

Such a poor coaching decision to have Anderson carrying the ball there. Stockstill has nobody to blame but himself for this one. Some bad coaching decisions in this game

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
I think defense and special teams will bring it as always but I see Vattiato struggling here. ODU defense is pretty good, about like ours, and they travel well. ODU has won 3 in a row and playing with a ton of confidence. They make it 4 in a row here in the Boro in a convincing win.

Team is welcome to prove me wrong.

this team and program has become so predictable it’s depressing.

the better team won

Last edited:
We stayed in the same conference with no change to anything and we are supposed to be excited. How's that plan working out? LOL.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I have no idea how we beat Marshall.

I guess that is the game won that we weren't supposed to.

I left at half. Tied at 10-10.

I thought the whole team came out flat. Old Dominion just looked bigger and stronger, like an FBS team. MT looked smaller and weaker.

ODU came out punching and swinging, the bully on the field. The Raiders looked like they wanted to be elsewhere. So did I.
That’s so depressing. It’s why I stopped coming at all. And why I didn’t even bother watching today. So many things need to change. When it comes to the flagship sports we have an absolutely terrible athletics enterprise. We need a new direction.

I thought the whole team came out flat. Old Dominion just looked bigger and stronger, like an FBS team. MT looked smaller and weaker.

ODU came out punching and swinging, the bully on the field. The Raiders looked like they wanted to be elsewhere. So did I.
I was in the beer garden during warmups. I'm 6'3" 240 lbs and I felt little being near ODU players. Our OL has to do a better job. That's problem #1 to me.

Amen!

This afternoon I (tried) listened to MT game on all of our radio frequencies I know heading west by south for as long as my car radio would receive. Listened to WGNS 1450 until Exit 34 on 840– mostly pregame and first quarter then switched to 94.9 and 95.1 ESPN Radio through Franklin and Leipers Fork, then traipsed down Tenn. 246 towards Columbia (lost FM signal near Columbia). Game was 10-7 ODU when I lost signal. Tried 93.9 WDUC as headed back towards Lewisburg and Chapel Hill signal was in and out (don’t think I heard the game there); then got to Chapel Hill and switched to WGNS FM Frequencies 101.9 (was fuzzy there through Eagleville). Caught game tied 10-10 in second half. Got home and saw us down 17-10 and later 24-10. Got something quick for dinner. Had a wonderful drive in my Buick. Stopped in at an antique store and couple small shops in Franklin and Columbia on square.

Was a really delightful autumn Saturday. So unfortunate Blue Raiders cannot win games that really matter—much like this one. Sadly, the results are what they are; there are many other attractions to experience. Oh well, maybe Blue Raiders can get to 6-6 at Florida Atlantic. Or maybe not—especially after Owls got taken to woodshed by WKU.

Another lost season.

Keeping my word not to come back until Stock is gone. I’ll get to extend my record of not coming to a game for two consecutive seasons!
Same here. Spent Many Saturday afternoon’s in JRF and on the road. Now I’ve found other things to do with my money and time. Listen to Wes and Chip just to check in.
Give me something to come back to

I just don’t care anymore. Plain and simple. There is no justification for any amount of lipstick they continue to throw at this Athletics program with their videos and grand announcements. Every time they do it, I question the value of my degree because they make me feel like they think I’m stupid.

Man next weeks game is now even bigger! Stocks 100, bowel eligibility! I will be watching in the basement bar. Hope they win but figure they blow it again. In stock we trust, to lose!

That was my first game as a new Blue Raider fan I was embarrassed to watch. The other games this season I felt we were outmatched when we lost. This one we just got out hustled and out coached. This is the first time I understand what everyone is complaining about. Rick needs to go. That was very frustrating.

Maybe Rick should donate another $500,000 after that performance
I'd change my mind if CRS announced he was retiring at the end of the season and tip my hat to him. But we know why he did it.

McPhee and Massaro are not showing stockstill the door until he's ready to go. I'd tip my hat if Massaro and McPhee handed stockstill back the check and handed him his pink slip as well.

This was one of the very lowest points of the stockstill era. Fans who didn't show, knew what was coming. So did those of us who walked through the gates this afternoon. Used to be a big crowd was required to lay an egg that size. Now after all those fans have been chased away, the stockstill sh*t show continues. Beautiful late November afternoon, empty stands, and a game of importance bumbled away. So freaking stockstill, so freaking middle.

Stock needs to donate $500,000 towards the resignation of 7wood MacFee, then retire himself.

Have we ever, in Stockstill's 2 decade tenure, won any games of importance late in the season when playing teams with a pulse? We will define pulse with a winning record or .500 record. ODU will finish with a .500 record this year and maybe better if they get a bowl, so they count.

When we beat UAB before the CUSA title game.....did we have to beat UAB in order to win the East? Of course we lost the next game against them which is the one that mattered (12 men on the field anybody?). That was also another predictable outcome everyone saw coming. This program just cannot win games late in the year when playing good teams and something's on the line. Pathetic

Seriously, I'm trying to think of more consequential, late in the season games we've played against good teams, and I can't think of any.

Sad. Stockstill has made a living here at MT beating teams with shit records.

I hate the results for the seniors. Some really great players and I appreciate their time here.

I am sure they love Stockstill and I'm sure the older guys that have come through under Stockstill, for the most part love Stock and come running to his defense when inevitably the Stock Sh*t Show arrives each season and the fans express their unhappiness, love their old ball coach. But I think they'd love him even more if a single one of his classes had won a Championship and they'd played on the best team in the conference in a single year, but that has never happened. In sixteen years of coaching at the same place, that has never happened for our players.

If Stockstill had any sense of responsibility/accountability he would step aside. Not holding my breath for it.

Reactions: Raiderclyde
I hate the results for the seniors. Some really great players and I appreciate their time here.

I am sure they love Stockstill and I'm sure the older guys that have come through under Stockstill, for the most part love Stock and come running to his defense when inevitably the Stock Sh*t Show arrives each season and the fans express their unhappiness, love their old ball coach. But I think they'd love him even more if a single one of his classes had won a Championship and they'd played on the best team in the conference in a single year, but that has never happened. In sixteen years of coaching at the same place, that has never happened for our players.

If Stockstill had any sense of responsibility/accountability he would step aside. Not holding my breath for it.
He has a binding contract (albeit with horrible performance metrics) that was offered and accepted. Those who put the deal together are to blame and a few will have to pony up if they want him gone. They also approved his hiring recommendations for his staff. Other than failing to win, which is not deemed “for cause”, he’s honored his contract. They can either (1) pay him what he’s owed, (2) try to negotiate a settlement to cut their losses, or (3) allow him to hang around to the bitter end and play in front of crowds smaller than those at team scrimmages. Right now, they are all holding out hope that he’ll beat FAU, get another bowl eligible invite logo to stick on the end zone tarps and bring out the band and cheerleaders for another “announcement party” at the HOF.

All is well!!!😂

Last edited:
I have no idea how hard it would be to remove the Dec. 4th schedule date for the CUSA Championship from our schedule on goblueraiders.com but it just looks foolish to keep it there once we were eliminated in the first half of the season.

Reactions: Hop45
He has a binding contract (albeit with horrible performance metrics) that was offered and accepted. Those who put the deal together are to blame and a few will have to pony up if they want him gone. They also approved his hiring recommendations for his staff. Other than failing to win, which is not deemed “for cause”, he’s honored his contract. They can either (1) pay him what he’s owed, (2) try to negotiate a settlement to cut their losses, or (3) allow him to hang around to the bitter end and play in front of crowds smaller than those at team scrimmages. Right now, they are all holding out hope that he’ll beat FAU, get another bowl eligible invite logo to stick on the end zone tarps and bring out the band and cheerleaders for another “announcement party” at the HOF.

All is well!!!😂
Spot on FR
Steve Smith holds the cards

The empty stadium was embarrassing.

MAC aside, there’s no way MT gets invited to another conference (AAC or SBC) with an empty stadium.
This is why we needed to move to the MAC.

That move had a chance to inject some life into the program. At the very least, it peaks some curiosity and interest. At best, this program leverages its advantages over MAC squads and becomes the best program in the conference. Either way, you at least have a chance to get some fans back.

I know all about using the CUSA money for new facilities. Great. But I’ll never step foot in them. So, what do I care? How is that going to encourage me to buy a ticket and invest in the program?

Itvall boils down to this -all the new facilities in the world aren’t going to get anyone invited to the AAC when you have, literally, almost no fans.

I would like one person to explain to me why our play calling looked like Tony Franklin was back. Lateral Pass after lateral pass followed by a run up the middle. Pitiful play calling.

This is why we needed to move to the MAC.

That move had a chance to inject some life into the program. At the very least, it peaks some curiosity and interest. At best, this program leverages its advantages over MAC squads and becomes the best program in the conference. Either way, you at least have a chance to get some fans back.

I know all about using the CUSA money for new facilities. Great. But I’ll never step foot in them. So, what do I care? How is that going to encourage me to buy a ticket and invest in the program?

Itvall boils down to this -all the new facilities in the world aren’t going to get anyone invited to the AAC when you have, literally, almost no fans.
Have you seen the facilities in the MAC? While their football stadiums may be old their football ops centers are pretty nice. CMU, Buffalo and even EMU all have new facilities. Geez, even UMASS has a new ops center. I doubt we’d own the conference just because we’re spending double those schools for coaching.

Sure, fans will likely never step foot inside the ops center but y’all can’t be this naive. Athletes will spend the majority of their time there. Those facilities even the playing field in terms of recruiting. Are facilities going to solve all of our issues? No, but they will at least get us back to relevant.

If we want success like, App, CCU, WKU, Liberty, etc. we desperately need new facilities. All of those schools have great facilities. Honestly, as a new fan looking at MTSU, I can’t believe Rick and team have been able to be .500 with the crappy facilities we have. Kids these days like flashy and we certainly don’t have any of that.

Fans will come back when we start winning. Facilities will help that because we “should” start getting better athletes. Even if we made a change in coaching a young coach would be stupid to come here with the facilities we have. The expectation would be to take what we have and be at least bowl eligible. That’s a tough sell. I sure as heck wouldn’t take the job. Our facilities are on par with ULM but we’ve had better results. No way I’d touch the MTSU job until these are complete.

Fans complain, it’s what we do. Let’s not act like we’re a conference move away from success. We just aren’t, the problems here are way deeper than that. The move to the MAC may have brought fans back for a few games but as soon as we go back to being a .500 team then what? I wanted the MAC because I assumed we would be staying in CUSA with no improvements to facilities but if they actually get facilities improved because of staying then I’m all for it.

I would like one person to explain to me why our play calling looked like Tony Franklin was back. Lateral Pass after lateral pass followed by a run up the middle. Pitiful play calling.
Wes commented on this during the radio broadcast. Said we needed to stretch the field.
No matter who the OC has been over the years, play-calling stays the same.
Lateral pass, no run game, 3 rd and long, punt.
Wash, rinse, repeat

Reactions: TRUEBLUE73
I don't care about going to the AAC because it will be a crappy conference in a few years anyway. However, I care that our team looked like children against the superior size of...Old F...ing Dominion?!! How does that happen?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT