ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (5-16, 2-6) vs. UAB (14-7, 6-2), 6:30PM, Wednesday, January 30, 2019

That was the best played game this season. It didn’t hurt that UAB missed like half a dozen bunnies, but every time UAB made a run MT had an answer. And the turnover to assist margin still negative but that was because of Scurrys five turnovers. Most of those he just handed the ball to UAB. Sometimes he gets the ball in the paint and acts like he doesn’t know what to do. But he also made some key baskets. Definitely the best played game of the season from start to finish it would seem.

Its a good win...any win we get is a good win. We are only 7 players deep. Despite the challenges, these guys are giving their best each night. With the difficulties they could have quit. Proud of CNM for keeping them going.

Lets just enjoy each game. I hope they can get a road conference win. I good goal for this team is to make the CUSA tourney.

3 straight wins at home... I hope this is the start of the team learning and adjusting to the new system...

A couple of great things happened last night...Raiders win and we did not have to be subjected to Larry Tolbert's terrible and non-decipherable PA announcing.

Man, that was so refreshing. We actually complimented the improved atmosphere due to this. Anyone know if Larry is stepping back slowly, retiring from this gig, or was he just unavailable last night?

Reactions: MTOleBlue
If the two best players on the team are sitting out (I assume Dishman and Jones) how good do you think we could be? Jones would most likely start with Sims and Green. Forward position Dishman and Scurry? Depending on if we sign another big and how good Jackson is as a freshman. Junior, Jayce, and Crump coming off the bench also. Depending on the OOC schedule .500 may be possible. That is if Dishman and Jones really are the two best players. We will definitely be deeper next year.

Man, that was so refreshing. We actually complimented the improved atmosphere due to this. Anyone know if Larry is stepping back slowly, retiring from this gig, or was he just unavailable last night?
It pains me to say, but I commented during the game that I knew Larry wasn’t announcing because I didn’t have a headache... he’s a fine guy as far as I know but good lord he is just a terrible PA...

If the two best players on the team are sitting out (I assume Dishman and Jones) how good do you think we could be? Jones would most likely start with Sims and Green. Forward position Dishman and Scurry? Depending on if we sign another big and how good Jackson is as a freshman. Junior, Jayce, and Crump coming off the bench also. Depending on the OOC schedule .500 may be possible. That is if Dishman and Jones really are the two best players. We will definitely be deeper next year.

Agree that, from what little I know, how early Tyson Jackson gets PT is crucially important for next year. Barring signing another big this 6'8" PF will have to play. Although only a two star prospect he allegedly received offers from several good programs including two $EC schools. You can't coach size.

Related: Has anyone heard or seen how the early enrollee, Eli Lawrence, is looking on the practice floor. Additionally anything on Jackson's Sr. year and how the JUCO signee, Milner, is doing.

Agree that, from what little I know, how early Tyson Jackson gets PT is crucially important for next year. Barring signing another big this 6'8" PF will have to play. Although only a two star prospect he allegedly received offers from several good programs including two $EC schools. You can't coach size.

Related: Has anyone heard or seen how the early enrollee, Eli Lawrence, is looking on the practice floor. Additionally anything on Jackson's Sr. year and how the JUCO signee, Milner, is doing.

Looks like the JUCO guy, Milner, is averaging 10ppg and almost 7rpg.

Last edited:

Jackson is a 3* on rivals, but not much difference between a high 2* or low 3*. Good size at 6'8" 230 and had offers from Alabama, Georgia, Houston, and some other good schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT