ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (4-3; 3-1) @ ODU (2-6; 1-4) (ESPN+), 2:30PM, Saturday, October 27, 2018

Va. Tech's defense couldn't make a stop if their life depended on it.

And we didn't make many stops - except by turnovers. ODU had a very good offense and their big WR might be the best I've seen this year. They had more offense than we did for the game.

And we didn't make many stops - except by turnovers. ODU had a very good offense and their big WR might be the best I've seen this year. They had more offense than we did for the game.
Yeah all their mistakes, turnovers, and penalties really put them underwater. We capitalized off nearly all of their miscues which is nice to see!

Reactions: Blue_H
As I see it, yesterday came down to Blankenship’s 100 yard return: If ODU scores on that possession before half it would have been 24-17 and anyone’s ball game. Especially if ODU got the third quarter opening possession and scored. Instead, it was 31-10 Middle Tennessee! That is a rare 14 point swing in basically one play.

Turnovers really won it for us. And, don’t forget the impact of ODU penalties, 101 yards total and nine altogether. We didn’t exactly stop ODU...they stopped themselves and we capitalized in a big way!!! Proud of our win!

If you get turnovers, you get stops. Reed's play was a catalyst but his athleticism made them pay for their mistake of trying to throw in double coverage. I love how people treat turnovers as just the other team's mistake. Our D helped cause them and they took advantage of the opportunities to make plays. Our D may not seem to be that good statistically but from a situational standpoint, they are friggin awesome. They make plays. They are where they need to be when it matters. I think that's been the difference this year. They never quit and stand strong when they should break.

The D made plenty of plays and got their QB uncomfortable to where he had to throw faster than he wanted to which caused the 3 picks. If a fumble happens, well that's us making plays and hammering the ball loose. We have a dang good D. No team in CUSA has put up more than 24 on us yet. UAB may do it but you couldn't say that deep in the season last year.

You get 2 pick 6's in one game by 2 different players, your D is in savage mode. Those plays aren't lucky plays.

Last edited:
We had better beat a team that only won 2 games including a fluke ending with 3 no time plays.

We looked good and put a complete game together for sure but sometimes bad teams can make the most mediocre look great.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT