ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee(4-12, 0-3) vs WKU(9-6, 2-1), CBSSN, 5PM, Saturday, January 11, 2020

I mean the numbers don't lie.. not sure why you went into all these other tangents for things I never implied... how'd you watch CNM games at UNCC? You're so full of sh!t you don't even know what school he was at- so I doubt seriously you've ever seen a single UNCA game including the Alaska Shootout match up a few years back... and Ole Miss has lost their last 3 including a total beat down at Wichita St and the Rebels are also winless in conference play..

Ole Miss played no. 24 Wichta State and a 13-2 Arkansas team not Rhode Island, ODU or an injured WKU. They are still 9-6 and we ain't won 5 games yet. They are a different level and your boy is 0-3 against him anyways. CNM is trash. I saw your high school team play. Ever heard of youtube? They were good in their league but what did they do really? Nothing. What has dude done for us? Destroy our program. He's doing great at that and those numbers don't lie. Defense? LOL. Come on dude. I thought he was a bad hire from the start and so far, I'm right on the money and you ain't. Good luck. I hope that dude is paying you to be his hype man. This affection you have for him is a little unhealthy.

To quote Lumberg from Office Space, I'm gonna have to disagree with you there.

I was joking but CNM is better than Wiel? Nope. He's won more than 4 games in a season. Plus, Wiel at least had 3 winning seasons. This dude won't get us past .500. That's why it was a joke. I'd rather have him than CNM at this point. I'd take any local high school or junior high coach. Hell, I'd give a janitor or one of us a shot over this clown. Our new slogan should be "Please make it stop!" or "It's Our Town But Why Does It Have To Be Our Team?"

Last edited:
Reactions: amgtmom
I was also joking man, relax. And I was on press row for every home game during the 2000-2001 season...just brutal. A lot of similarities between then and now. I hate that it has come to this. At some point, there are no more excuses. We are what our record is. No way to spin it.

Reactions: blueraiderJT
I would do anything to have a Tommy Gunn or Johnathon Humphries from the Weil days! Even big Lee Nosse (remember when he shot like 80% three pointers vs Tennessee Tech?)

Even the boys south of the border: Fernando Ortiz and Freddie Martinez.

I feel like Weil had the pieces but just could not put it together. That Dean Tree goes only so far!

STILL A CARD CARRYING MEMBER OF THE JOHNNY COBB FAN CLUB.

Randy was a bad hire all around. His record at UNCA was not great. His "pedigree" from being a Dean progeny helped him more than anything.

I want Nick to do well but if this continues next year, a new direction is needed before the season is over. 4 wins?

Ole Miss played no. 24 Wichta State and a 13-2 Arkansas team not Rhode Island, ODU or an injured WKU. They are still 9-6 and we ain't won 5 games yet. They are a different level and your boy is 0-3 against him anyways. CNM is trash. I saw your high school team play. Ever heard of youtube? They were good in their league but what did they do really? Nothing. What has dude done for us? Destroy our program. He's doing great at that and those numbers don't lie. Defense? LOL. Come on dude. I thought he was a bad hire from the start and so far, I'm right on the money and you ain't. Good luck. I hope that dude is paying you to be his hype man. This affection you have for him is a little unhealthy.

Evidently you don't have any friends that you want to see do well in life, I'm sorry for you in that regard- that said I've been reasonable in my posts about how bad this team and coaching staff has done this year..

I can bring you some cranberry juice to help with your next period though.. cause all that emotional diarrhea you're posting can only mean one thing..

Evidently you don't have any friends that you want to see do well in life, I'm sorry for you in that regard- that said I've been reasonable in my posts about how bad this team and coaching staff has done this year..

I can bring you some cranberry juice to help with your next period though.. cause all that emotional diarrhea you're posting can only mean one thing..

I'll happilly meet you wherever to continue this discussion offline and in person. Till then, adjust your kneepads and pedal your crap elsewhere. You being triggered pretty much proves how unhealthy your obsession is. You got his poster in your bedroom. I get it.

The numbers don't lie. This dude is not a good coach. 4-13 in his 2nd season is a strong indicator that he is not the right hire for us. There are no stats needed to show that we can't even pass the ball successfully or setup a shot before they just jack up a 3 with no one under the basket. That's lack of coaching. Defend it all you want but his product is terrible. 4 wins in CUSA. LOL. This guy.

Last edited:
I was also joking man, relax. And I was on press row for every home game during the 2000-2001 season...just brutal. A lot of similarities between then and now. I hate that it has come to this. At some point, there are no more excuses. We are what our record is. No way to spin it.

No worries and yeah it was brutal. When you get rejects from an arts and crafts town, this is what you get. 2 coaches from the same school. They are both terrible. At least Randy won some games early.

As stated all over this board the current basketball program is in very rough shape. Perhaps coach gets to year three of his contract perhaps not. This is not an enjoyable time. Nor is it enjoyable to read on this board perspectives that are not relevant, not insightful or plain ugly. Lets be better as we make our way back to basketball relevance.

It's not even four games. It's embarrassing we are playing three games against junior colleges and counting those as real games and not scrimmages.

kingaling is right the numbers don't lie. CNM has .227 winning pct against Division 1 teams. We could go grab some guys out of the rec center and do better than that.

As stated all over this board the current basketball program is in very rough shape. Perhaps coach gets to year three of his contract perhaps not. This is not an enjoyable time. Nor is it enjoyable to read on this board perspectives that are not relevant, not insightful or plain ugly. Lets be better as we make our way back to basketball relevance.
This whole forum is not enjoyable. Everyone agrees this has been a disaster. The disagreement is if this coach deserves more time or not. That should not result in people saying what is being said on this board or calling a human being trash. I don't think anyone would want someone to call them or their family and friends trash regardless how bad they are doing at their job.

It's not even four games. It's embarrassing we are playing three games against junior colleges and counting those as real games and not scrimmages.

kingaling is right the numbers don't lie. CNM has .227 winning pct against Division 1 teams. We could go grab some guys out of the rec center and do better than that.
Go to the rec center, get some players, and scrimmage our basketball team. Let me know how it goes.

Yea, look, I've recently gone in the record here plainly expressing the unacceptable direction of the team's performance and the the athletic dept as a whole under Massaro. At the same time, I still hope the best for CNM and believe that he is a good and decent person. At the same time, kingaling has expressed his inability to to explain the ongoing poor play. My point, neither CNM nor kingaling are the enemy.

I know this is a frustrating time, but please let not our frustrations take a personal turn.

This whole forum is not enjoyable. Everyone agrees this has been a disaster. The disagreement is if this coach deserves more time or not. That should not result in people saying what is being said on this board or calling a human being trash. I don't think anyone would want someone to call them or their family and friends trash regardless how bad they are doing at their job.

But that's not reality. You don't do your job or do it well, you suffer the concequenses of that. Heavy is the head that wears the crown. I came from a time where if you wanted success, it was all on you to go get it and if it didn't happen, then tough. You faced the music. You regrouped, got another gig and went after it. The only thing we can do as fans is criticize. You think it's tough here, go to a P5 board. We all have an opinion and it's not all pleasant. Right now, the program is in a freefall and I'm calling em out. Sorry that's too real but he's making good money. This comes with it. If it's too much, he can hit the exit sign. Massaro won't pull the trigger. We should get ugly. Make it tough on em. The coaches show doesn't take questions. No writing the editor anymore. The boards are all we have left.

I have no sympathy for imcompetence. None. My clients don't. I've ran 2 of my own companies for nearly 20 years and it's all on me. I knew that going in. I don't sleep much and it's draining. Too bad so sad for me. I also make more than I ever would have otherwise. If something goes down, It's up to me to fix it or I get fired from that gig. I don't get 2-4 years to make it right. I get 2 hours maybe sometimes.

Sanford was at WKU for 2 years and went to a bowl game his first year. They canned him and got Helton. Did they make the right move? Yep. New dude won 8 games and a bowl game in his first year with good recruiting on top of that. WKU's AD is a real leader. He saw a problem and he fixed it. He went after a guy who had been there, not an outsider with no prior knowledge of the program in a different recuiting zone. He went for the guy who should have gotten the gig to begin with and he corrected the issue.

Until we do that, buckle up. I'm not alone. They get what they get. Maybe they (the whole dept.) should do their job better.

Yea, look, I've recently gone in the record here plainly expressing the unacceptable direction of the team's performance and the the athletic dept as a whole under Massaro. At the same time, I still hope the best for CNM and believe that he is a good and decent person. At the same time, kingaling has expressed his inability to to explain the ongoing poor play. My point, neither CNM nor kingaling are the enemy.

I know this is a frustrating time, but please let not our frustrations take a personal turn.

That's fair enough. They aren't the enemy but it's not a good look for us right now and if we're in the same boat this time next year, then I think it will be unaminous to run him out of town and he should be gone. That's the biz everywhere else but here. The real defining point will be the USM game in a couple weeks. If we lose that one, we need to put pressure on Massaro to make a move IMO. That will be rock bottom and we won't even be able to play in the tourney. Then come on.

Go to the rec center, get some players, and scrimmage our basketball team. Let me know how it goes.

I guarantee the rec center guys put up at least 60 on em. Let Grensing coach em and they'll beat em straight up. LOL. That would be awesome.

Hopefully the majority believes that communicating on a fan message board will not significantly influence a decision which has millions at stake. If you truly want your voice to be heard perhaps another communication plan is a better approach.

Hopefully the majority believes that communicating on a fan message board will not significantly influence a decision which has millions at stake. If you truly want your voice to be heard perhaps another communication plan is a better approach.

LOL

But that's not reality. You don't do your job or do it well, you suffer the concequenses of that. Heavy is the head that wears the crown. I came from a time where if you wanted success, it was all on you to go get it and if it didn't happen, then tough. You faced the music. You regrouped, got another gig and went after it. The only thing we can do as fans is criticize. You think it's tough here, go to a P5 board. We all have an opinion and it's not all pleasant. Right now, the program is in a freefall and I'm calling em out. Sorry that's too real but he's making good money. This comes with it. If it's too much, he can hit the exit sign. Massaro won't pull the trigger. We should get ugly. Make it tough on em. The coaches show doesn't take questions. No writing the editor anymore. The boards are all we have left.

I have no sympathy for imcompetence. None. My clients don't. I've ran 2 of my own companies for nearly 20 years and it's all on me. I knew that going in. I don't sleep much and it's draining. Too bad so sad for me. I also make more than I ever would have otherwise. If something goes down, It's up to me to fix it or I get fired from that gig. I don't get 2-4 years to make it right. I get 2 hours maybe sometimes.

Sanford was at WKU for 2 years and went to a bowl game his first year. They canned him and got Helton. Did they make the right move? Yep. New dude won 8 games and a bowl game in his first year with good recruiting on top of that. WKU's AD is a real leader. He saw a problem and he fixed it. He went after a guy who had been there, not an outsider with no prior knowledge of the program in a different recuiting zone. He went for the guy who should have gotten the gig to begin with and he corrected the issue.

Until we do that, buckle up. I'm not alone. They get what they get. Maybe they (the whole dept.) should do their job better.
Expecting good performances and calling someone trash is completely different. I don’t care about P5 boards or anything. If fans say worse than that they are the trash.

With the way things are going I’m really starting to wonder if we can afford to have him here another year. I don’t doubt his recruiting ability but at this point I’m already convinced he is a very poor coach both from a fundamentals standpoint and X and O standpoint. He is never going to be successful here. He couldn’t even win a single post season tournament game at UNCA with opportunities in the CIT, NIT, and NCAA tournament. If he can’t get it done there what on earth makes people think he can be successful here ?????? All that supposed talent he had at UNCA and could never win a post season game ??? Bad coach.

Every year that goes by where we play bad ball is a big waste. We need to get back on the national scene ASAP and make a splash hire IMO. What’s Rick Pitino doing or someone like him ? Pay Steve Forbes what he wants and fvcking get him here already. Do your damn job.

I can already see how this is gonna go with CNM. We are gonna play 500ish ball next season in year 3 and lame duck Massaro is gonna give him a fourth and possibly fifth year and his teams are going to do all of nothing meaningful while here then who knows what CM will do after that I would say probably fire him but with the expectations he has been known to set he might give him a raise and 5 year extension for .500 results......regardless, we end up never winning crap with him just like he did nothing at UNCA

I’m only on this planet for so many years and same goes for y’all. Can we cut to the chase and get someone in here who is a proven winner ?? I really don’t want to see 3.5 more years of bad/average basketball and then have to start all over again...... (just typing all this out makes me realize how much I hate Massaro and McPhee as people....the damage they have done to our athletics programs through incompetence and shielded from termination because of bureaucracy bullshit is enough to drive someone truly mad)

First of all, when I said dude is trash, I meant the performance of the product, not the person. Sheesh, we live in such a sensitive society. I'm sure he's a good dude (this has nothing to do with that) but the product sucks and is killing us. That's the trash part.

Secondly, I agree with Wiley wholeheartedly. Brilliant post Wiley! WKU flipped the switch on Sanford because they couldn't afford to wait to see if it gets better. Their AD took his ego out of it, admitted it was a bad hire and went and got the dude he should have gotten in the first place. It worked. It was the right call. That's leadership.

Set it up. How much you putting on it?
How much you got player? Want to go 1k? Seriously, I've played rec ball at MT with dudes that were 6'5 and 6'9 on the regular and the little PG's were 5'7 hitting outside shots and setting up plays all day. Don't think because they aren't on scholarship, they can't ball. We played 3 guys on MT's team in the 90's when I was there and we beat em. The guy who played PF for MT got dunked on hard so don't think those guys are superheroes especially if they are badly coached. That's all I was saying.

Last edited:
How much you got player? Want to go 1k?

I love it when keyboard tough guys get riled up about stuff that could never happen.. most of the guys here talking all this junk are like NBA 'tough guys' praying that their teammates hold them back in a scuffle.. regardless of what many here say most of you would never have the courage to say much of this stuff to another mans face- that should be your litmus test for posting but unfortunately it's not.. your comments here will never influence or dictate the actions of those who have the power and decision making ability to affect real change- it's probably best that way. Carry on with your regularly scheduled bravado...

In my experience the majority of fans can't see the forest for the trees- when you're building anything it is the foundation that takes the most time to get in place.

On another note anyone else find it ironic when posters misspell words like "incompetence" or is that just me?

I love it when keyboard tough guys get riled up about stuff that could never happen.. most of the guys here talking all this junk are like NBA 'tough guys' praying that their teammates hold them back in a scuffle.. regardless of what many here say most of you would never have the courage to say much of this stuff to another mans face- that should be your litmus test for posting but unfortunately it's not.. your comments here will never influence or dictate the actions of those who have the power and decision making ability to affect real change- it's probably best that way. Carry on with your regularly scheduled bravado...

In my experience the majority of fans can't see the forest for the trees- when you're building anything it is the foundation that takes the most time to get in place.

On another note anyone else find it ironic when posters misspell words like "incompetence" or is that just me?
Does anyone else find it odd that this shill for the MBB Coach showed up in here the exact same day the hire was announced? March 24, 2018.
Before you come in here and lecture us about our loyalty, program support, and demands for change you better check your crap at the door.

I’ve watched this Athletic Program (more specifically Football) spiral downward for the last 10 years. Men’s Basketball was the only sport worth watching and a source of pride until Kermit left. Now this new coach from parts unknown that you continue to pimp has ruined that.

Last edited:
Does anyone else find it odd that this shill for the MBB Coach showed up in here the exact same day the hire was announced? March 24, 2018.
Before you come in here and lecture us about loyalty, program support, and demands for change you better check your crap at the door.

I’ve watched this Athletic Program (more specifically Football) spiral downward for the last 10 years. Men’s Basketball was the only sport worth watching and a source of pride until Kermit left. Now this new coach from parts unknown that you continue to pimp has ruined that.

Why is it odd? My very first post, I made it clear why I now follow MTSU basketball.. I never came to this board under any disguise to my intentions or reasons for being active on this board.. the funny thing is that many of you wouldn't be coming back at me like this had I hid my friendship with CNM or disclosed my intentions- I'll be damned if you now use that against me personally.. how the F!^% am I pimping anyone? How am I a shill? When exactly was the last time I said anything about the program being in a good place? Found another keyboard tough guy I guess..

Why are several of you, who are understandably upset with CNM for the product on the court, coming back at me or posters like cposton personally if we mention anything that is outside of your opinions? Seems overly sensitive to me and very misguided.. dispute the points that I make- that's fine. That's what these boards are for.. but some have called me out for saying the same things that many of you are saying- that the team and the coaches have failed to do their jobs this season. I'm not going to apologize that I do see some positives even if the results aren't ideal. If this board is just some good ol boys club that doesn't like opinions different than their own then that's fine- misery loves company I suppose..

As for the personal stuff, should it continue, I will let you know when I'm in town again for a game and we'll see who wants to have a chat in person. I'm your huckleberry..

Before you come in here and lecture us about our loyalty, program support, and demands for change you better check your crap at the door.

Just a little harsh there IMHO. I appreciate what kingaling42 has contributed and while at first I thought he was too rah-rah in his support for McDevitt he has proved to be a thoughtful, rational, and sometimes critical voice. None of us are happy with where we find ourselves at this time but it must be remembered that even Kermit stated to expect growing pains after '17-'18.
I'm first and foremost a men's BkB fan (have been for 50 +/- years) and the precipitous drop is devastating but we can't do anything but let it play out. Next year if we're in the same situation I'll be in agreement with the most critical fans. What I don't want is a repeat of 5 years of Farrar, 6 years of Weil, and the first 8 years of Davis. Two years I can live through, Two decades with MT BkB being irrelevant: Hell NO!!!

I don’t just post my dissatisfaction here. I’ve driven to Murfreesboro and met with the AD for over an hour to express my concerns. We agreed to disagree. Coincidentally, I ran into Dr. McPhee just a couple of days after that meeting here in Franklin and shared with him the same concerns.

Why? Because I care. One of the degrees on my office wall is from MTSU. Wiley may want to burn his but I worked too hard to get mine at night and on weekends while working full time.

I will say this, if I could claw back the donation I made to the Baseball Stadium renovation back in 2008 and redirect it to the Jennings Jones College of Business, I would.

Some of you will understand this and why.

Last edited:

Couple of questions for you if you don't mind.....

1. Do you believe McDevitt is "building" a program here.....or was it already built prior to his arrival and needed some renovations?

2. What's your take so far on the "foundation" that McDevitt is creating here at MT? Do you see a team identity forming? Players developing and getting better? Talented recruits on the roster capable of winning championships and NCAA tournament games in the future?

3. When do you expect this team and program to challenge for CUSA championships and push for NCAA tournament success? Please keep in mind he is the highest paid coach in CUSA and probably has a Top 10 salary amongst mid-major programs. Our assistant pay is also very strong as well.

4. What's a reasonable amount of time to give McDevitt to win a CUSA title and/or secure a birth in the NCAA tournament?

Reactions: FranklinRaider315

1. Do you believe McDevitt is "building" a program here.....or was it already built prior to his arrival and needed some renovations?

2. What's your take so far on the "foundation" that McDevitt is creating here at MT? Do you see a team identity forming? Players developing and getting better? Talented recruits on the roster capable of winning championships and NCAA tournament games in the future?

3. When do you expect this team and program to challenge for CUSA championships and push for NCAA tournament success? Please keep in mind he is the highest paid coach in CUSA and probably has a Top 10 salary amongst mid-major programs. Our assistant pay is also very strong as well.

4. What's a reasonable amount of time to give McDevitt to win a CUSA title and/or secure a birth in the NCAA tournament?

I will only answer #4, because I don't think anyone will be surprised at how I would answer the first three given I was the only one questioning the hire from day one and the first one to point out what was obvious flaws in how the program was being run.

So, to #4 I would generally say three to four years (particularly given the brand that Kermit had created). Would perhaps be willing to give longer if he inherited a dumpster fire of a program. Because the answers are universally no in #2, it means there is absolutely no hope for him turning this around in a three to four year period, so there is no reason to hope and pray at this point. We are orders of magnitude worse today than the day he took over. There has been no clear improvement anywhere in the program.

Last edited:

1. In year two, I feel the coach is attempting to fly a 767 commercial jetliner where his credentials are more suited to a small commuter jet as an analogy. Our program had to endure moderate renovations immediately after Kermit, but this is a OJT program has obviously turned into a complete rebuilding and overhaul project. Success will take much longer than desired, if at all achievable.

2. At the most optimistic, we have a construction work in progress. Based on games I’ve seen and most recently with WKU, there are serious skills deficiencies that need to be overcome before we can even be competitive in C-USA (top 4). I harbor no hope in returning to Top 25 rankings or receiving AP votes with this coaching staff. We are hopefully building basic team chemistry, but that hasn’t been solidified at Mid January. Turnovers,
rebounding, defense, and our shot selections on the court point to evidence of complete coaching remediation needs to occur.

3. If we have excellent recruiting in offseason and a miraculous turnaround in the late portion to build upon for returning players, it’s possible 2022-23 at the earliest to be a contender. If we don’t “make the turn” and we demonstrate our current skills by next fall, winning campaigns are not clearly in sight anytime in the future.

4. At this point, our focus should be qualifying for the C-USA Tournament. It’s a very low bar to reach. If we finish last or 13th in the conference, we will not be participating in 2020. That failure is a grave setback for this coaching staff to continue into 2020-21. If we had to hire a new coach next year because of that failure, we are at 3-4 years away to be competitive in the top 4 with a average D-1 coach skill set. At 4-13 with several more losses likely, it’s not reasonable to expect championships with this current roster and staffing. It’s a mess!!

Last edited:
The Board of Trustees Athletic Committee meets at 9:00am on March 17th. I’ll gladly show up and respectfully express my position and concerns if they will allow public input. Anyone else want to join me? Surely they will care enough to listen.
https://www.mtsu.edu/boardoftrustees/meetings/72/2020-03-17
https://www.mtsu.edu/boardoftrustees/meetings/72/2020-03-17

”All board and committee meetings are open to the public unless otherwise noted on agendas. Meeting schedules, materials, videos, and minutes are available online.

Reactions: SpaceRaider

I'll meet you in person anytime you like. I ain't worried about you at all. I hit close to the truth and you got triggered. You keep dragging this out just to be clear.

We had a program. This dude ended it. Sorry that's too real.

Why is it odd? My very first post, I made it clear why I now follow MTSU basketball.. I never came to this board under any disguise to my intentions or reasons for being active on this board.. the funny thing is that many of you wouldn't be coming back at me like this had I hid my friendship with CNM or disclosed my intentions- I'll be damned if you now use that against me personally.. how the F!^% am I pimping anyone? How am I a shill? When exactly was the last time I said anything about the program being in a good place? Found another keyboard tough guy I guess..

Why are several of you, who are understandably upset with CNM for the product on the court, coming back at me or posters like cposton personally if we mention anything that is outside of your opinions? Seems overly sensitive to me and very misguided.. dispute the points that I make- that's fine. That's what these boards are for.. but some have called me out for saying the same things that many of you are saying- that the team and the coaches have failed to do their jobs this season. I'm not going to apologize that I do see some positives even if the results aren't ideal. If this board is just some good ol boys club that doesn't like opinions different than their own then that's fine- misery loves company I suppose..

As for the personal stuff, should it continue, I will let you know when I'm in town again for a game and we'll see who wants to have a chat in person. I'm your huckleberry..

Let me know please. And... it is odd as hell that you would act so sensitive about another dude. I'm not at war with you dude but I'm no keyboard dude either. I'm too old for that. You don't like what we're saying, move on. Freedom of speech. Time will keep proving me right anyway. Everything I've said has been spot on. I called this when he got hired. I said he wouldn't win 12 games in year 1 and wouldn't win 10 in year 2. So far it's fact.

Wiley makes more great points. The USM game will tell us all we need to know about this coach. If we don't win that game, no way we make the CUSA tourney. If we don't do that in year 2, you can't say a foundation is being laid. But hey it's an opinion.

If this guy has a terrific year 3 and wins 20 games. I will publically issue an apology and admit I was wrong. I have no problem doing that. Just don't think I'll have to.

All of this is moot anyway. Massaro won't make the right call and this dude will get 5 years at least.

Last edited:
I will only answer #4, because I don't think anyone will be surprised at how I would answer the first three given I was the only one questioning the hire from day one and the first one to point out what was obvious flaws in how the program was being run.

So, to #4 I would generally say three to four years (particularly given the brand that Kermit had created). Would perhaps be willing to give longer if he inherited a dumpster fire of a program. Because the answers are universally no in #2, it means there is absolutely no hope for him turning this around in a three to four year period, so there is no reason to hope and pray at this point. We are orders of magnitude worse today than the day he took over. There has been clear improvement anywhere in the program.

I think you make another great point.

FR reminded me of a conversation I had with Mcphee standing in the Hendrix suite looking out over the stadium. He asked me what it would take to get the stadium filled. I said there is short and long term options. Short would be get Tennessee to play here and long would be fire the coach and AD. His answer was both would never happen. That was five years ago.
Moral of story. We screwed until 7 wood leaves.

FR reminded me of a conversation I had with Mcphee standing in the Hendrix suite looking out over the stadium. He asked me what it would take to get the stadium filled. I said there is short and long term options. Short would be get Tennessee to play here and long would be fire the coach and AD. His answer was both would never happen. That was five years ago. Moral of story. We screwed until 7 wood leaves.
Yeah, McPhee was then and is now content with the state of the football program - great APR!

I think Massaro is powerless.

If Dr. McPhee and the Board of Trustees are content with the status quo to artificially prop up MT Athletics with a check from Student Activity Fees then so be it. It’s what Higher Ed bureaucrats do.

But I won’t.

FR reminded me of a conversation I had with Mcphee standing in the Hendrix suite looking out over the stadium. He asked me what it would take to get the stadium filled. I said there is short and long term options. Short would be get Tennessee to play here and long would be fire the coach and AD. His answer was both would never happen. That was five years ago.
Moral of story. We screwed until 7 wood leaves.

This does not surprise me. When it comes to athletics the mindset is most of the time what cannot be done or will happen than one of real desire for change and action for change. Kermit was just tenacious enough to get some things done in spite of that mindset.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT