ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee(3-8)vs Ole Miss(8-2) @ Bridgestone, 7PM, Friday, December 21, 2018

We are terrible. That Ole Miss 3 point shooter is killing us and we just leave him open.

Massenburg is terrible. Why is he on the floor
I have no idea. Also why did we get a waiver for Butler to not play him? Other night he played one minute and scored 6 points. 2 for 3 from 3. Did something happen?

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Sh

Yea really hard call to day a 4* recruit is a good basketball player.

But he's not a 4 star recruit. Majority of services had him at 2-3 stars besides ESPN...stop listening to these brain dead announcers and do your own research.

easiest first half cover in the history of betting. can i cash my -13 ticket now or after the game?

The fact that they gave Kermit’s recruits an unconditional release says a lot about our Little Middle mentality. Anyway... do not look good, that’s for sure.

Reactions: blueraiderJT
Do I think Jayce Johnson is as good as KJ Buffen right now? No. Do I like what I see from him and think he can improve substantially Yes I do. We are missing Crump right now having to play Massenburg. I know Crump is a guard, but I will take him at forward over Massenburg. Remember Massenburg is Kermit’s fault lol.

We're playing better than I expected. Causing turnovers and getting to rim. Only problem we can't make anything

It's free money. Has been all year. How can you not take it? We have literally yet to cover a spread, much less win a meaningful game. LOL
Never said you should not bet. Just asked if you actually wanted to win. Betting money thinking you will win is fine. Betting against the team you say you cheer for and wanting them to lose is another. Hey bet if you want and if you are happy MTSU caused you to lose money I am all for it. Of course you can do whatever you want. I just do not see how anyone can say they are a fan if they bet against their team and eant to win the bet. I can think I will win and not want to win that bet.

Never said you should not bet. Just asked if you actually wanted to win. Betting money thinking you will win is fine. Betting against the team you say you cheer for and wanting them to lose is another. Hey bet if you want and if you are happy MTSU caused you to lose money I am all for it. Of course you can do whatever you want. I just do not see how anyone can say they are a fan if they bet against their team and eant to win the bet. I can think I will win and not want to win that bet.

I don't have much of a rooting interest either way because I know this season, and likely the next, is a 100% lost cause. Ever since the CSU collapse and nearly losing the game I couldn't not bet against MT every game they play. Until they prove they can play competent D1 Basketball or Vegas wakes up and adjusts the lines, I can't look away from free money. I mean dude, on what planet are we going to stay within 13 of Ole Miss? We are a terrible, terrible team. TERRIBLE. Ole Miss is 8-2 and playing very solid basketball under Kermit. Once again, betting against MT is the easiest bet I've made all night.

What we are observing with regards to our ATS record is actually quite rare. You don't see Vegas getting killed on teams like this very often. Even blind squirrel's find a nut on occasion and cover a spread. Not us though. We are a unique kind of bad. Just terrible.

We are so bad lol. The REALLY annoying thing is that it’s mostly Davis’s old players who are so out of sync and being expected to contribute but can’t.

I don't have much of a rooting interest either way because I know this season, and likely the next, is a 100% lost cause. Ever since the CSU collapse and nearly losing the game I couldn't not bet against MT every game they play. Until they prove they can play competent D1 Basketball or Vegas wakes up and adjusts the lines, I can't look away from free money. I mean dude, on what planet are we going to stay within 13 of Ole Miss? We are a terrible, terrible team. TERRIBLE. Ole Miss is 8-2 and playing very solid basketball under Kermit. Once again, betting against MT is the easiest bet I've made all night.

What we are observing with regards to our ATS record is actually quite rare. You don't see Vegas getting killed on teams like this very often. Even blind squirrel's find a nut on occasion and cover a spread. Not us though. We are a unique kind of bad. Just terrible.
I can agree with everything but rooting interest. A true fan roots for their team even when they think they will lose.

We could’ve used Buffen this year. And now look where he is... scoring against us for our old coach. What a joke.

And yet I got raked over the coals on this board for saying it at that time that it was an idiotic decision not to restricting the signees. Like an SEC school needs our help. Still salty about this. Ridiculous that we have no leadership.

And yet I got raked over the coals on this board for saying it at that time that it was an idiotic decision not to restricting the signees. Like an SEC school needs our help. Still salty about this. Ridiculous that we have no leadership.

Don't worry there were plenty who agreed with you regarding the release. I think it was just a select few, a loud select few, on the board who actually thought it was a good idea to give unconditional release and allow them to sign with future opponents.

Oh I think it was weak and pathetic that they allowed it to happen. I just didn’t want to rant because I knew it would just make me even more pissed if I got going on that.

Oh I think it was weak and pathetic that they allowed it to happen. I just didn’t want to rant because I knew it would just make me even more pissed if I got going on that.
I see where all of you are coming from. I really do, but if we do not restrict coaches in the middle of their contracts like that why should we the players?

I see where all of you are coming from. I really do, but if we do not restrict coaches in the middle of their contracts like that why should we the players?

Because coaches are professionals and honor their contract by paying the buy-out when they leave. Players are amateurs and shouldn't have to have special rules for release to appease them. I wouldn't have released them to go ANYWHERE. I would have made them honor the contract they signed (just like coaches do when they pay their buy outs) by sitting out a year if they want to transfer.

When a player signs they know the contract they are signing, just like a coach does when he signs his contract and there's a buyout stipulation. Coaches do not get special rules written along the way to help them out, so player's shouldn't either. You sign to play for a school, not a coach, just like Sims parents said. It was absolute bullshit those kids were granted unconditional release and allowed to sign with future opponents. Massaro is a spineless hack

Because coaches are professionals and honor their contract by paying the buy-out when they leave. Players are amateurs and shouldn't have to have special rules for release to appease them. I wouldn't have released them to go ANYWHERE. I would have made them honor the contract they signed (just like coaches do when they pay their buy outs) by sitting out a year if they want to transfer.
Yea I thought about the buyout after the comment. I was thinking put a stipulation in their contract, but it would be hard to get coaches then. I think the players need to realize they are committing to a school and not a coach.

Yea I thought about the buyout after the comment. I was thinking put a stipulation in their contract, but it would be hard to get coaches then. I think the players need to realize they are committing to a school and not a coach.

They can always sit for a year and transfer. It's not like they are forced to stay for eternity. I'd like to see rules modified so that the year of sitting doesn't count towards eligibility. But that's it.

ps. Games over. We still suck.

Because we don’t spend university resources so that they could then go to a place that hurts us when we don’t then have time to find a suitable replacement. If they want to leave. Fine but not to our opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT