ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee(3-8)vs Ole Miss(8-2) @ Bridgestone, 7PM, Friday, December 21, 2018

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Series Record: MT leads 6-4
TV: CBS Sports Network (Facebook)
Talent: Ben Holden, Tim Doyle, Gary Parrish
Radio: Blue Raider Network 94.9/95.1 FM, 100.5/101.9 FM, 1450 AM (TuneIn)
Talent: Chip Walters (PxP), Kyle Turnham (Analyst)
Twitter: @MT_MBB, #BlueRaiders

Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (3-8)
Coach:
Nick McDevitt (UNCA ‘01) Record at MT: 3-8 (1st Season) Overall Record: 101-74 (6th Season)
Statistical Leaders
Points: Green (18.0) Rebounds: Gamble (7.1) Assists: Sims (2.5)

Ole Miss Rebels (8-2)
Coach:
Kermit Davis Record at UM: 8-2 (1st Season) Overall Record: 411-240 (21st Season)
Statistical Leaders
Points: Tyree (17.0) Rebounds: Buffen (5.0) Assists: T. Davis (4.1)

Last edited:
Kermit largely responsible for it

IIRC the additions to the schedule announced after Nick was hired were the Lees McRae opener, home vs Charleston Southern and Lipscomb, and at Rhode Island. So he tried to balance it out some with the extra nonD1 opponent and CSU. He further strengthened it by adding Lipscomb and Rhode Island. Our OOC schedule is ranked third nationally by Pomeroy and may go higher following these final two games.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I feel bad that I'm not motivated to drive a hour + to Nashville just to watch us get smoked by Ole Miss, but it is what it is.

I feel bad that I'm not motivated to drive a hour + to Nashville just to watch us get smoked by Ole Miss, but it is what it is.
I know we will lose but I am just going for the experience. It's always fun to play at Bridgestone.

Reactions: Blue_H
I figured...if ever there was a year for a lighter schedule this was it...and why do I find intense anger burning inside for Kermit. The other day I was driving home and listing to Monte's radio show and when he announced Kermit was going to be on I turned it off.

I had tickets and had plans to go, but something personal came up so I won't be going tonight. May be a good thing. I don't think I could stand all the slobbering over kermit by MT fans.

Reactions: Blue_H
I figured...if ever there was a year for a lighter schedule this was it...and why do I find intense anger burning inside for Kermit. The other day I was driving home and listing to Monte's radio show and when he announced Kermit was going to be on I turned it off.

I had tickets and had plans to go, but something personal came up so I won't be going tonight. May be a good thing. I don't think I could stand all the slobbering over kermit by MT fans.

I’m not going either. Decided to take the wife out instead. Not a fan of games at Bridgestone

excerpt:

...The Ole Miss Rebels and the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders will be meeting up in college basketball activity on Friday.

Mississippi enters this one at 8-2 on the season. The Rebels have thus far taken out Western Michigan, Nicholls State, Baylor, San Diego, LA-Monroe, Illinois State, SE LA and Chattanooga.

In the Mocs game, Ole Miss’ Terence Davis and Breein Tyree each posted 20 points, and had 10 assists and eight rebounds between them. Bruce Stevens also scored 15 points in 15 minutes for the Rebels.

Over on the Middle Tennessee side, they’re currently 3-8 this year. The Blue Raiders’ losses have come courtesy of Belmont, Virginia, Butler, Stanford, Lipscomb, Vanderbilt, Murray State and Toledo.

In the Rockets matchup, MT’s Reggie Scurry and Antonio Green were the only Raiders in double-figure scoring, each with 13 points alongside two assists and nine rebounds between them.

The Rebels are 4-0 ATS in their last four following a straight-up win and 4-0 ATS in their last four following an ATS win. Ole Miss is 5-0 ATS in their last five non-conference games and 10-1 ATS in their last 11 overall.

Meanwhile, the Raiders are 5-2 ATS in their last seven versus the SEC and 3-13 ATS in their last 16 non-conference games. Middle Tennessee is 1-12 ATS in their last 13 overall and 0-4 ATS in their last four neutral-site games.

It’s been a pretty good run of basketball lately for Mississippi. The Rebels are on a five-game win streak since they dropped to the Bearcats and they’ve cracked 80 points in all but one of those games.

As for Middle Tennessee, they’re in quite a rut during this seven-game losing streak and not scoring very well at all. They’re also ice-cold ATS right now.....

Pretty cool to see the arena with MT home game decals. Hope it’s a big crowd and we can at least keep it competitive...

Ok, about the confusing info on TV for the game tonight: Reports vary between CBSSN in today's Tennessean (doubtful - my Comcast guide lists a rodeo) & CBS Sports Network FB which seems to be connected to Stadium but I can't find any way to check for upcoming events. Can someone give a little help here? Thanks

Yep. I can see the fans giving a standing ovation with tears in their eyes for Kermit the entire game while he's orchestrating the absolute plowing of MT. Ugh. No thanks.

Yep. I can see the fans giving a standing ovation with tears in their eyes for Kermit the entire game while he's orchestrating the absolute plowing of MT. Ugh. No thanks.
We will be there but not going to cheer for him one bit. I hope we pull a miracle win and beat him

Ok, about the confusing info on TV for the game tonight: Reports vary between CBSSN in today's Tennessean (doubtful - my Comcast guide lists a rodeo) & CBS Sports Network FB which seems to be connected to Stadium but I can't find any way to check for upcoming events. Can someone give a little help here? Thanks
It appears you have to stream on Facebook. Pretty pathetic we cannot get a game vs Ole Miss and Kermit at Bridgestone on TV. Not even local TV.

where can i watch this? showing rodeo finals on CBS Sports network?

We could’ve used Buffen this year. And now look where he is... scoring against us for our old coach. What a joke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT