ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee(3-8)vs Ole Miss(8-2) @ Bridgestone, 7PM, Friday, December 21, 2018

The fact is MT paid for the Ole Miss coaches recruiting of our players. And were still in contact with the recruits after they announced they were leaving MT to go to Ole Miss while still 'coaching MT' to a loss in the second round of the NIT.

Because we don’t spend university resources so that they could then go to a place that hurts us when we don’t then have time to find a suitable replacement. If they want to leave. Fine but not to our opponents.
We did not spend University resources on Kermit? Because he did leave and he did beat us. Buffen did not beat us.

But he's not a 4 star recruit. Majority of services had him at 2-3 stars besides ESPN...stop listening to these brain dead announcers and do your own research.
Name some that had him a 2*. ESPN had him a 4* so he was a 4*. They may be wrong, but saying he is a 4* is not. Very least he was a high 3* and that is better than most we have ever gotten. Saying we could use him is not hard to do. I love how you think I do not research. If he was a 2-3* why did it bother you so much he decommitted? Massenburg was a 2-3*.

I’ve given it some thought. I would rather have this tough schedule than to play cup cakes and get a false sense of security.

All I know is you’ll likely only play Ole Miss this one time during his career.. kid had 3 whole points but rebounded well with 9 bounds.. he is their leading rebounder going into the game.. what I saw is he didn’t change the outcome of this game very much.. Gamble, Hawthorne, & Massenburg have ping pong paddle hands- that hurt the rebounding far more than any Ole Miss player and if another Ole Miss player was in there he would’ve had at least a few of those boards just by where the ball bounces.. but let’s get all wound up about limiting one kids choice for his entire career just because you’re still bitter.. kid wasn’t staying at MTSU why does it really matter where he ends up because the resources were already spent in the effort.. does it sting any less for the UGA transfer? Does it sting less for Shelton-Szmidt’s decision?

What about all the resources the university continues to spend of kids who appear to have not developed much in 4 years? You have to spend money on your programs in a variety of aspects- not everything pans out.. this argument is the epitome of not seeing the forest for the trees as it has no bearing on MTSUs future.. let it go. I know a ton of HS coaches and they all keep up with how players/recruits are treated- starting CNMs recruiting tenure the right way is a far better investment than giving up 3pts, 9 boards in one game this year.

Can’t find the forest due to all those trees huh?
No I see it fine. Do you? Like kingaling said we will likely only see him one time and it is already over. He may end up being a great player or he may not. Restricting him does not improve our team. Two different thought processes which is okay. Some will think we should have restrcted and others will not. Neither opinion is wrong or right. What I saw last night does not change my mind.

No I see it fine. Do you? Like kingaling said we will likely only see him one time and it is already over. He may end up being a great player or he may not. Restricting him does not improve our team. Two different thought processes which is okay. Some will think we should have restrcted and others will not. Neither opinion is wrong or right. What I saw last night does not change my mind.
The series is continuing and Ole Miss will be back in Murfreesboro soon.

I'm glad he's agreeing to home games with us and not going the way of the power 5 and expecting us to come there and give us one nuetral site game.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I get the aggravation with the way the transition unfolded. Myself, I'm glad to put it all in the past especially that this game is over. I also appreciate the suggestion that CNM was looking to the future when possibly taking some lumps during the transition. It seems smart and wise to maintain a good reputation and rapport with HS coaches who will heavily influence your future recruiting prospects.

At this point, I would be fine with MT not playing Ole Miss over the next 2-3 years. Let the wounds from the transition heal over. That would also allow CNM some time to rebuild the team and be more competitive. It was no accident that CNM inherited a total rebuild job while Kermit moved on to far more favorable conditions. Let's face it, Kermit's departure and new position just happened to work out to be more favorable conditions for him. As for CNM and MT, not so much. It's pretty clear to see why CNM acknowledged some big challenges when taking the MT job. Overall a great opportunity for CNM, but challenging circumstances in the short term upon taking the position.

I don't know about the rest of you, but it was just poor timing playing Ole Miss at this point. The whole situation just brought up much of the negative aspects of the transition particularly when all of that was just starting to get left behind in the past.

Jayce Johnson continues to reveal just how talented he really is as a player. Given CNM's difficult circumstances in trying to find players, early results suggest CNM knocked it out of the park with Jayce Johnson.

Two of MT's key frontcourt players went a combined 2-20 from the field last night. Hawthorne 2-11, and Gamble went 0-9! That signified a lot of what Kermit left behind.

For what it's worth, I thought I detected some minutes in the game when MT actually showed some signs of improvement. In my opinion, it was the first time this year that the team appeared to show signs of improving. My suspicion is that CNM having a whole week of practice to work on just developing the players and team yielded some results at least for a few minutes at a couple of different points in the game. Despite the still overall horrendous record and generally stinking on the court, it was nice to see some signs of life and at least a small sign of improvement.

Am I the only one to find the interview of Sims parents to be really interesting? I had already gathered how much Sims wanted to stay at home and play for MT. That's good. I also thought Sims' parents response in how they relayed how he loves to play for CNM to be somewhat interesting. Despite the losing and generally poor performing nature of this year's team, there seemed to be a really positive attitude in regards to playing for CNM. I have no real way of knowing at this point, but I'm hoping this is indicative of a team that is buying into what CNM is trying to teach them.

Reactions: MTLynn
CNM needs time. As much good will as Kermit built up, his parting actions were despicable and left Nick in a terrible situation. As for Sims, maybe he represents the first generation of kids growing up as MT. That's what we need. Hopefully he'll grow into more of a vocal representative.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT