ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee(23-5, 15-1) vs WKU(22-7, 14-2)(CBSSN), 7PM, Thursday, March 1, 2018

Not a fan of Drew Maddux (back from from mtsu/vandy bruhaha in the mid nineties) but on 104.5 he was effusive on Kermit Davis as a coach to the point of being a mancrush...

Did anyone get an email about this game before today? I got one this morning and that's really alarming to me that our ticketing/marketing people didn't even reach out to the email list until the day of the game. Poor planning IMO

Did anyone get an email about this game before today? I got one this morning and that's really alarming to me that our ticketing/marketing people didn't even reach out to the email list until the day of the game. Poor planning IMO

The sad part, I would be surprised if they had been proactive instead of waiting to the last minute.

refs doing everything they can to keep WKU in this early. already 2 really bad calls there that go in favor of WKU.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
3rd bad call. 100% all ball with no body contact there on Walters. Seen 0 bad calls against WKU.

really impressed so far. only way we were going to win this is if Potts, Walters, and King all came to play.

And so far, they've all come to play. If Johnson and Potts continue to hit the 3's and King and Walters take care of the mid-range and paint, this is game over.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
All things considered, doing great job with a lead. Feeding off energy in the building for sure.

11,307 tonight and almost all in blue.

Hope we get 11,300 plus on Saturday!

We are such a far better team than Western it's not even funny. I wish I could have been there to watch those inbreds walking out of the arena.

Reactions: Hop45 and MTOleBlue
I will give the Toppers credit, their fans travel well. Their team - They find a way to get to the FT line. albeit the refs were not very good tonight. They have some talented players that made tough shots. But it's still a Stansbury team. His zone offense was terrible at Miss State and it was terrible tonight. Not sure the volleyball pass and then attempted 1-on-1 drive works. They were beat halfway through the 2nd half -basically gave up with 10 minutes to go. No sense of urgency. No attempted pressure. Just the same old thing. They are more talented than a lot of NCAA teams, but they played like crap as a team tonight. Hard to win if only 2 players showed up. Enjoyed breaking their spirit.

For us, that was about as fun, well balanced beat down I have seen in a while against a pretty good team. Besides a few spurts of poor decision making / shot selection, we got great looks and just took over. The effort and balance was exceptional. Loved it. Hoping the experience leads to 9000 plus this weekend against Marshall. That is the student section experience I wish we had every game.

Depending on the matchup, and if we play like that, we really could be a Sweet 16 team.

Sweet 16 is definitely obtainable this year, depending on matchups of course.

Let’s win the CUSA tourney first. We are guaranteed anything

I have never understood comments like this on a message board. Why shouldn’t fans speculate about how far we could possibly go or be completely irrationally optimistic on a message board?

Kermit and the players need to stay focused on Marshall and the CUSA tournament.

Fans should be completely irrationally optimistic and feel free to completely overlook Marshall and CUSA after smoking WKU tonight. Bring on Virginia!!!!

Love Rexrode’s work. He does a good job capturing MT moments- he gets it. Always thought it was cool timing with him coming to the Tennessean from the Michigan State beat after that game. It’s no coincidence he’s complimentary in his coverage.

It’s felt like we’ve had some “we’ve arrived” moments over the last few years, but tonight sure feels like one.

Love Rexrode’s work. He does a good job capturing MT moments- he gets it. Always thought it was cool timing with him coming to the Tennessean from the Michigan State beat after that game. It’s no coincidence he’s complimentary in his coverage.

It’s felt like we’ve had some “we’ve arrived” moments over the last few years, but tonight sure feels like one.

I notice sometimes when he tweets something about MT basketball he still gets replies from still traumatized Michigan State fans

Reactions: BlueRaider95
ADVERTISEMENT