ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (2-5; 2-3) @ #16 Marshall (6-0; 3-0) (CBSSN), 11AM, Saturday, November 14, 2020

Good opening stand by the defense. Offense needs to do something after the stop.

So far, we are playing with a lot of heart. The wheels will probably fall off in the 3rd but for now, very proud of this effort so far.

Reactions: C-Bow
Big difference, their receivers are getting past the sticks to convert first downs. Ours are turning to catch 2 yards short.

Is it just me or did Blankenship's injury take a lot away from his game? It seems to me he is making more mental mistakes and bad decisions and appears to be a step-slower this year. I was hoping he would be dominant player his senior year.

Reactions: playersu12
Nevermind. We just suck. What makes it so frustrating is we really have some talent on this team but then major weaknesses in addition to that talent. Plus terrible coaching. Should just cancel the rest of the season and blame it on covid. I don’t understand why we are still even playing these games. Team is terrible. Nothing to play for. Waste of everyone’s time.

Marshall has a real team. Good at every position. They play traditional football with their beliefs in running the ball and playing good defense. But they also have a prototypical big arm QB that can sit back and throw dimes to his receivers. On defense they just sit in a 4-3 and don’t give up anything over the top. They make you beat them with small gains over sustained drives and very few teams can do that. We most certainly can’t. They are a real team, not some flukey crap like we have here at MT.

MT is a fluke offense with a massively undersized QB and FCS-quality OL. Our OFfense relies on pure trickery because we can’t outmuscle anybody. No real RBs to speak of as well. We have good WRs but it doesn’t matter because we suck overall. On defense we can’t beat anyone straight up so it’s all smoke, mirrors, and blitzes. Once teams feel it out shafers con gets burned. Again, we can’t outmuscle anyone on that side of the ball either.

and this is after 15 years with the same head coach. Such garbage, and there will be no changes.

Reactions: MTTim
I went to a local sports bar that in earlier times would have had far, far more than a half dozen or so MT fans, and more than two tv screens out of more than two dozen tuned into the MT Marshall and the sound blaring would be from the Blue Raiders' game and not some mediocre ACC contest.

Last edited:
2-6!!!! A second consecutive losing season secured now. Should be 1-7 except for that fluke quadruple doink failed FG in OT by Rice.

Reactions: Hop45
I recently have come across a star long snapper that begged to come to MT. He is playing for Kentucky because we never responded to his pleading to attend MT. How can we turn down SEC players. What is going on?

I recently have come across a star long snapper that begged to come to MT. He is playing for Kentucky because we never responded to his pleading to attend MT. How can we turn down SEC players. What is going on?

Not the first time. Randall Cobb begged MT for an offer to play QB. Nick Mullen’s begged MT for an offer. They turned out alright...

Not the first time. Randall Cobb begged MT for an offer to play QB. Nick Mullen’s begged MT for an offer. They turned out alright...
If these caliber players are being passed over we will never win.

...on the 50th anniversary of the plane crash? We might as well forfeit. We are gonna get snotboxed just for that alone.
If these caliber players are being passed over we will never win.
In 15 years recruiting, you will have your fair share of hits and misses.

Stockstill hit the jackpot on players (Byard)
Stockstill missed big on players (Mullens, Cobb)

MT has missed on far too many guys who either signed elsewhere OR signed at MT and didn't make impact. And that's why MT is ~7-18 in the last 25 games

We competed against a nationally ranked team for most of the first half!! What more could a Blue Raider fan want?

• Haha
Reactions: C-Bow
Plenty of mid majors beat top 25 teams in the power 5 and outside of it. We never have. Mediocrity is not the goal.

I turned it off at halftime and went outside to blow leaves and enjoy a beautiful day. After checking the score with 10:00 remaining, I’m glad I turned it off.
I did exactly the same thing. Had the game on in the garage while blowing leaves and doing other stuff. I’d check in on the the score when taking a break and getting a beer. In years past I’d been in Huntington at the game. No interest in this program and refuse to invest any money or time Until I see a change.

Last edited:
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Our D played toe to toe with them for the first half. What screwed us was the Reed fumble botch and then the Asher fumble..We're 7-7 or even 7-0 at halftime if not for those mistakes. Second half is what it is but the D was doing all they could. When your O has the ball for 45 seconds and then your D is asked to come out again and get another stop vs a 16th ranked team, it's only a matter of time before they break. The O is just not helping them at all. How our coaches can't see this or even talk about it is beyond me.

Reactions: Hop45
South Carolina fires Muscamp after Ole Miss drubbing. They are now 2 and 5. Another example of a program that does not accept mediocrity.

USCe is going to pay Muschamp 13 mil to NOT coach with a record 2 games under .500.

Massaro has essentially given Stock a lifetime contract for being 1 game below .500 (by season’s end) and will keep paying Stock over a million/year to do it.

Massaro learned nothing from his time at USCe. He can’t even get being mediocre right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT