ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (18-11, 11-7) @ North Texas (23-6, 14-4), 7pm, Thursday, March 2, 2023

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Enrollment: 40,796
Arena: The Super Pit (10,500)
Colors: Kelly Green & White Nickname: Mean Green
Head Coach: Grant McCasland
Record at School: 104-58 (6th Season) Career Record: 124-70 (7th Season)
2021-22 Record: 25-7, 16-2 2021-22 Finish: 1st C-USA 2021-22 Postseason: NIT Second Round
Starters R/L: 2/3 Letterwinners R/L: 8/7

TV: CBSSN
RADIO: Murfreesboro – WGNS 101.9 FM / 1450 AM, Smyrna – WGNS 100.5 FM–94.9 The Fan/95.1 in Murfreesboro – The Varsity Network App

Honestly they're close to unbearable to watch, unless one enjoys watching a snail cross the floor. To UNT's complement they know who they are, & take full advantage. Nation's slowest half court offense, combined with one of the nation's better defenses. Give up only about 56 points a game. When it comes to shot clock they force most of the opposition to slow their game dramatically whether on offense or defense. It's worked for them for years. Not unbeatable in Denton, but close. Believe Rice knocked them off this year. That could give the Raiders a psychological puncher's chance having already swept Rice.

Another typical McDevitt led team performance. This is a bunch athletic people who can play good as a group for about a 15 min stretch. Unfortunately basketball is a 40 minute contest. Rarely do we ever see anything close to that with this group.

Another typical McDevitt led team performance. This is a bunch athletic people who can play good as a group for about a 15 min stretch. Unfortunately basketball is a 40 minute contest. Rarely do we ever see anything close to that with this group.
Funny how you disappear every time the team performs well and were mostly MIA from this board last year.. perhaps watch the games instead of commenting after your sport app sends you the final score. Look no further than the free throw disparity in comparison to the total fouls committed by both teams to see the story on this one.. and yes the team could use more consistency just like you with commenting on both wins and losses.

Funny how you disappear every time the team performs well and were mostly MIA from this board last year.. perhaps watch the games instead of commenting after your sport app sends you the final score. Look no further than the free throw disparity in comparison to the total fouls committed by both teams to see the story on this one.. and yes the team could use more consistency just like you with commenting on both wins and losses.
There isn't a lot of playing well. Therefore not a lot of opportunity to comment. And I didn't say anything last year (even when they blew a game they shouldn't have) because I wanted to see if it was real or the outlier. Well, we know now. This year there have been wins against bad teams (what I would count as two "good" wins) combined with quite a few losses against bad teams too. What's our Quad 4 record??

I watched. The FT disparity is laughable because they weren't calling fouls on NT on the defensive end, but most of the fouls they called on us were legit. The defense was lazy, handsy, etc. Everyone is always looking like a windmill trying to block shots from behind after they get beat off the dribble. That's why NT shot so many free throws. We didn't defend the ball, didn't help very well, and then fouled at the rim. All night.

.... This year there have been wins against bad teams (what I would count as two "good" wins) combined with quite a few losses against bad teams too. What's our Quad 4 record??
UNT is 8-1 in Q4. Their only loss was to Rice at 183.

MT is 7-3. Our losses were Chatt 197, Winthrop 245, UTSA 292. All worse.

UNT was a Q1 loss for us and we were a Q3 win for them.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Much ado about nothing for now. I'm on to UTEP hoping for a different ref crew & a better defensive effort by the Blue Raiders. This is the one I thought we might have the best chance for victory in anyway. Fellows need to get UNT out of their heads before heading to Frisco.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Much ado about nothing for now. I'm on to UTEP hoping for a different ref crew & a better defensive effort by the Blue Raiders. This is the one I thought we might have the best chance for victory in anyway. Fellows need to get UNT out of their heads before heading to Frisco.
Agreed. While I wanted 2-0, I stated before we need to come out no worse than 1-1 and be ready for tournament. And if I had to choose a loss, it would the the first and keep the win right before Frisco.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT