ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (16-11, 9-7) vs FIU (13-13, 7-8), 5PM, Saturday, February 18, 2023

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Enrollment: 46,079
Arena: Ocean Bank Convovation Center (5,000)
Colors: Blue & Gold Nickname: Panthers
Head Coach: Jeremy Ballard
Record at School: 63-61 (5th Season)
Career Record: 63-61 (5th Season)
2021-22 Record: 15-17, 5-13 2021-22 Finish: 6th C-USA2021-22 Postseason: C-USA First Round
Starters R/L: 1/4 Letterwinners R/L: 6/9

2/18/2023 | 5 PM

ESPN+

WGNS 101.9 FM / 1450 AM, Smyrna – WGNS 100.5 FM–94.9 The Fan/95.1 in Murfreesboro

Last edited:
Liked the team's rebound against FAU after the UAB road game. I believe the Blazers were pointing towards that one after their loss in the 'Boro. Our offensive flow & production seems to be coming together nicely here at year end. My pleasant surprises for the year have definitely been the emergence of King & Coleman-Jones. A few weeks ago I was anticipating only a 17-14 regular season finish. If we sweep these last 2 at home I have a feeling we could use that momentum to possibly grab 1 of our last 2 road games. Much greater odds of an 18-13 year, but with the team seeming to build more confidence at year end a 19-12 finish is not beyond capture.
If we could go into the CUSA tourney with the momentum of 19 victories I can see good things happening for this team on a neutral court. As a good example I go back to our Canada trip. Went 3-0 against some highly thought of teams there. While we've had trouble with the opposition on their home courts, generally we've played excellent ball at home or on neutral courts this year. From the MT men's perspective, once we get you on a neutral floor we can play tough with a lot of teams. But 1st things 1st, it all starts again tonight against FIU. Keep it rolling men!

Reactions: ewglenn
Rough first half. FIU could not miss first 13 minutes of game. Gonna be hard to win this one. Down 41-27 at the half.

GREAT comeback win and great day for Blue Raider basketball. Ladies win by 39 and men come back from 24 down to win with a good margin. I know there's still some regular season left to play, but we could win the CUSA tournament if we play like that second half through the remainder of these games.

Had to set in the truck an extra 5 minutes listening to post-game broadcast. Recommendation to Chip & Kyle, after every Raider win just send out Justin Bufford for all post-game comments. No disrespect to the other players or coach Nick, but wow that guy is really personable, fun & entertaining!

Impressive comeback from the guys! It'll be hard to win the tournament this year, but we have the athleticism and talent to do so, just need to be consistent

I think if MT runs the table regular season and wins two in Frisco CBI is a possibility…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT