ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (13-5, 5-1) @ WKU (14-5, 6-0)(Stadium), 6PM, Saturday, January 20, 2018

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
WKU
Series:
WKU leads 93-41
Founded: 1906 Enrollment: 20,178 Colors: Red & White Nickname: Hilltoppers
Facility: E.A. Diddle Arena (7,326)
Head Coach: Rick Stansbury, Campbellsville, 1981 WKU Record: 15-17 (1 season) Overall Record: 308-183 (15 seasons)
2016-17 Record: 15-17, 9-9 (8th C-USA) 2017 Postseason: None
Starters R/L: 1/4 Lettermen R/L: 2/8 Newcomers: 8

TV: STADIUM

RADIO: 94.9 FM/TUNEIN

WATCH

LISTEN

LIVE STATS

GAME NOTES

GAME INFORMATION
[Game Notes]

Hashtag: #TrueBlue, #BlueRaiders
Twitter: @MT_MBB
Instagram: MT_MBB
Facebook: MTSUMBB

Date: Saturday, January 20th
Time: 6:00 p.m. CT
Match-up: Middle Tennessee (13-5, 5-1) vs. Western Kentucky (14-5, 6-0)

Live Video | Live Stats

How is Western doing this? I thought their stud recruit bugged out before the season started and that they only have like 7-8 players.

How is Western doing this? I thought their stud recruit bugged out before the season started and that they only have like 7-8 players.
The player which you was speaking of was Mitchell Robinson, we also lost another big before the season started, then another heartbreaker when we lost Jordan Brangers which was the 3rd ranked JUCO shooting guard. For the first 15 games we only had 7 scholly players and 1 walk on for a total of 8 players, the team learned to not foul because of the short bench. Last week we got two players eligible from the NCAA clearing house ( 4star josh Anderson) (4star Moustapha Diagne ). The addition of these two players really helped the legs and has allowed to apply some more pressure. Overall the lack of players ( not be design ) allowed this team to build amazing chemistry very similar to what MT had the past two years. I expect a barn burner tomorrow night and it should be a damn entertaining game... Hope plenty of MT fans make the trip...safe travels.

Damn. I was hoping Vegas was still going to give us respect even though we certainly don't deserve it. I was planning a 4 figure bet on WKU if we were favorites. Oh well.

Still believe WKU is the bet here. They hung 112 @ Marshall, almost double what we scored. Insane.

I just don't see how we win this game. They're better at every position except maybe Center, and that depends if Walters shows up.

This game has @$$-kicking blowout, walk-home-with-your-tail-between-your-legs written all over it.

A few guys who had uncharacteristically bad stats at Marshall should bounce back at wku :

King shot 6-19 and 2-4 FT. He also had 6 turnovers
Simmons shot 0-1 and had 5 turnovers
Simpson shot 0-3 with 2 airballs

That said, the loss to Marshall will help the team improve much more than a close win at Marshall would have.

I guess I just don't see it or agree. As an avid gambler who follows NCAA CBB every day and night, when a team is playing bad they typically continue to play bad, and vice versa for when a team is playing good. I never bet on a team and hope they will bounce back after a $hitty performance (because they usually don't, especially on the road).

Sure, teams have their peaks and valleys during the season, but teams playing bad don't typically bounce back quickly and especially on the road. All signs point to a WKU cover and beat down here. Again, we scored 63 points against a team who usually allows 81.4. That cannot be overstated. Most of our guards had more turn overs than points, and King and Walters were nowhere to be found.

I'll be SHOCKED if we play a good game at WKU. If we can keep it within single digit's I'll be impressed. The place is going to be sold out and crazy rowdy, and beyond Potts, who of our key players have good road experience? King seemed to buckle hard under the pressure at Marshall. And WKU is going to be a MUCH tougher environment.

This team might get better towards the end of the season, but it's going to take some time, and we're gonna take some @$$-beatings along the way. Get your lube ready.

sWiley: I've followed your posts for years and rarely comment but your post in the Marshall thread: "damn, we suck" makes me wonder if you are really a fan.

NO, we don't suck: not the program and not this particular team. No one can dispute we had a really bad game and there are indications (we can agree on) that neither this team nor those for the next few seasons will reach the heights to which we have recently become accustomed. Let me remind you that we have, over time, 4 NCAA victories and many D-1 schools do not any. Recently, for a period of a couple of years, we were considered by many experts to be the best team in the state (how many mid-majors can claim that?). I've been a fan of MT BkB in the modern era (since integration) and the last 5 +/- years are the best in history. Again: MT men's BkB doesn't suck.

Could it be that you're addicted to gambling (you admit you're an avid gambler). Perhaps that's why your enthusiasm for MT teams (FB & BkB) is so erratic. Neither the team, coaches, posters, or other MT fans are responsible for you making a losing bet.

In gambling you can't get emotional. Numbers don't lie. Swiley brings up good questions, even though most of the time his timing sucks and at times seems downright negative with no hope. He has however been proven wrong many a time. I believe King had an uncharacteristically bad game. He has got to play better defense or his minutes per game will start going down. The main thing I have seen so far this year is that we don't do well when Walters is in foul trouble and Gamble can't make up the lost production. Unfortunately it has been a recurring theme. Think about it....when Walters is out, then you can concentrate fully on King. Makes sense huh.

Lines up to 5.5 with 64% of the money on MT for the spread and 100% of the ML money on MT. Vegas loves WKU tonight. They're baiting people to take the points. WKU rolls

sWiley: I've followed your posts for years and rarely comment but your post in the Marshall thread: "damn, we suck" makes me wonder if you are really a fan.

NO, we don't suck: not the program and not this particular team. No one can dispute we had a really bad game and there are indications (we can agree on) that neither this team nor those for the next few seasons will reach the heights to which we have recently become accustomed. Let me remind you that we have, over time, 4 NCAA victories and many D-1 schools do not any. Recently, for a period of a couple of years, we were considered by many experts to be the best team in the state (how many mid-majors can claim that?). I've been a fan of MT BkB in the modern era (since integration) and the last 5 +/- years are the best in history. Again: MT men's BkB doesn't suck.

Could it be that you're addicted to gambling (you admit you're an avid gambler). Perhaps that's why your enthusiasm for MT teams (FB & BkB) is so erratic. Neither the team, coaches, posters, or other MT fans are responsible for you making a losing bet.

My gambling has nothing to do with my feelings or attitude toward the team. I very rarely bet on MT and usually only bet against them. I'm probably 65-70% when betting on or against MT, which is unheard of. If I only bet on MT games, I could probably retire.

I'm calling it like it is. I only mention the gambling aspect to lend credibility to the fact that I follow the sport closely and have a deep interest in who wins and loses, not just in CUSA, but the ACC all the way down to the WCC and WAC. I love following and betting small school basketball. That's where the coin is.

You're entitled to believe what you want about the team, but this team isn't as good as previous years and the conference is much stronger this year (and will be much stronger moving forward). Unless MT starts getting better recruits, it isn't going to be able to keep up moving forward. WKU is amassing one of the best rosters in the country. Bringing in 1 elite graduate transfer isn't going to work anymore when other teams are bringing in multiple.

I do believe this years class is a good one. KJ Buffen is very highly touted and the Fagan kid can score like nobodies business. The Curry kid might be more of a project but his upside is insane. Still, we are going to need at least one and probably more 4 or 5* transfers to really come in and be stars. It's too bad we can't sign highly ranked kids out of high school and always have to rely on the transfer route, but I suppose that's basketball.

Last edited:
Looks like coaches and teams have figured King out and MT in general. They know we are terrible shooters so just take away the easy bunnies, force jumpers, and win.

On pace for about 45 points tonight. Should be an easy win

King getting in a rhythm. WKU is cold as ice tonight. 0% from 3.

Gamble is giving us huge minutes with Walters on the bench. WKU looks lost out there. Their offense isn't playing together

WKU just looks lost. No other way to put it. Not sure if the pressure is getting to them or what but they are not their usual selves at all. I'll take it.

We played lock down D the last 8 mins...amazing.

I like when Sims is at PG, the ball moves faster...no reason why he doesn't play a bit more.

We played lock down D the last 8 mins...amazing.

I like when Sims is at PG, the ball moves faster...no reason why he doesn't play a bit more.

I agree. Offensively he is much better at the point. He sees the floor better than Dixon and is quicker. I think defense is what keeps him from playing more. Once he puts on more weight he will be good to go.

I don't like that physical exchange with Dixon and the WKU player. That's the perfect thing to light a fire under their @$$ after a horrible game thus far. WKU was sleep walking through the game....I hope we just didn't wake them up

HAHAHAHAHAH THOMPSON COULDNT EVEN GET CLOSE TO HIS FREE THROWS. CHOKEEEEEEEEEEEE.....oh man its beautiful....F that guy

Thompson is the legacy kid right?

We got this. WKU can't hit the ground with a rock, and the refs are calling a fair game.

After these next two FTs by WKU, they will have 27 attempts to our 10. Their a is keeping them in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT