ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (10-7, 3-3) vs UAB (13-5, 4-3) CBSSN, 8PM, Monday, January 16, 2023

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Enrollment: 22,563
Arena: Bartow Arena (8,500)
Colors: Forest Green & Old Gold Nickname: Blazers
Head Coach: Andy Kennedy
Record at School: 49-15 (3rd Season)
Career Record: 315-184 (16th Season)
2021-22 Record: 27-8, 14-4 2021-22 Finish: 2nd C-USA 2021-22 Postseason: NCAA First Round
Starters R/L: 4/1 Letterwinners R/L: 8/7

Last edited:
Any know if Walker will play against us? Dude scored 40+ in both our games last year. He could not miss in the regular season game taking some really deep 3s

Reactions: Hop45
down memory lane:

Attendance 3,224

Smaller crowd tonight but it was a pretty rowdy crowd especially late. Great to see the guys get a win even if it means I’m in for a long day at work tomorrow.

Bottom line - we won a thriller. Had we lost we'd be here screaming about poor execution, play calling and free throws. But we won so let's dwell on the big shots made, toughness it took and finding the heart to answer the bell when they knocked us square in the mouth. Build on it and keep rolling Raiders!
We shot 43.3% from the field and 76.2% from the stripe. I’ll never complain about that performance. Solid night all around.

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
UAB has sec level talent. When they get Walker back they will be a tough out for anyone. Our guys showed a lot of heart to get the win! Did not realize that they called the last shot good on the floor and then reversed the call. Last 3 games with the Blazers have been classics maybe down the road we can be travel partners once again….. We have to Build BlueNow. Turning dirt this Thursday!

Congratulations to the Raiders. Hard fought tough win against a team without their best player. This helped to level the playing field. We should have won & we did. After watching this game & FAU vs WKU I see a lot of similarities between MT, WKU, & UAB. Athletically impressive teams capable of periodic Sports Center highlight plays. The thing that separates FAU from those 3 is comparatively they always seem to be under control. Teams like MT, Western & UAB can hang with them for a while, but have trouble staying disciplined for an entire 40 minutes. That's where mentally tough teams like FAU can pounce. They only need you to break down for 6-7 minutes to grab control & take home the victory. Nonetheless the win over UAB broke a string against them & after the last home game against UNT was a much needed victory.

I’m saying we finish the season 19-12.
Sounds about right. I'm shooting for 21-10. I personally think the minimum standard should be 20 wins and a successful season be single digit losses. McD needs to do what it takes to prove last season wasn't a fluke.

13 games left, many tough. FAU twice, UAB away probably with Walker back, LaT twice, away at Diddle. Can't believe how tough this conference is this year.

Team played tough.. not a perfect game but it's hard to play perfect when the other team plays physical.. the key will be keeping this same energy in the other 2 games this week
Helluva win and basketball game. I never went back to Cowboys/ Bucs. 😂
I got nervous when it went to OT much like my trip to Curb at Belmont but the guys finished. 👏👏

And after last night, I won't ever mourn the decommitment of Buffen, what undisciplined trash to go along with some of his teammates. Glad he was never a Blue Raider.
Not sure if anyone else noticed but when Buffen fouled out, he went to the end of the bench. He was still full of emotion and apparently some fan(s) were ribbing him from the front row of the seats behind the goal. He was strategic in waiting for the action to head to the other end of the court. As refs, coaches and fans were focused on the Raiders goal, he turned and started jawing with the fan(s). I couldn't tell exactly what he said, but it looked like he wanted the fan to meet him in the tunnel exiting the court after the game. He kept pointing to the spot seemingly telling him to come right there. A teammate tried to calm him down. As action would return to the UAB end he would zip it up. But when heads turned again, he kept jawing. Obviously cooler heads prevailed, but I can see why he didn't last long under Kermit.

Not sure if anyone else noticed but when Buffen fouled out, he went to the end of the bench. He was still full of emotion and apparently some fan(s) were ribbing him from the front row of the seats behind the goal. He was strategic in waiting for the action to head to the other end of the court. As refs, coaches and fans were focused on the Raiders goal, he turned and started jawing with the fan(s). I couldn't tell exactly what he said, but it looked like he wanted the fan to meet him in the tunnel exiting the court after the game. He kept pointing to the spot seemingly telling him to come right there. A teammate tried to calm him down. As action would return to the UAB end he would zip it up. But when heads turned again, he kept jawing. Obviously cooler heads prevailed, but I can see why he didn't last long under Kermit.
Thanks KJ , your two T’s were the difference in the game! Took you 4 years to finally win a game for the Raiders …..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT