ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-3) vs Marshall (2-2), 2:30PM, Saturday, October 5, 2019

Middle Tennessee defense strikes again........

7-7

Said it before and I'll say it again. Desmond Anderson is not a Division 1 DB.

I'm sure we'll load the box in an effort to stop the run, play man coverage across the board, and make Marshall hit the big plays to beat us. Our defense has become very predictable.

There's 1.

It comes down to the basics. That defensive hit on the QB cost us getting them off the field and allowed them to drive and score a FG. Bad snap on our FG attempt caused the shank which cost us 3 points. We should be up by at least 10 by halftime.

EMBARRASSMENT ALERT:

ON CBS Broadcast on FB, THEY CUT TO THE CBS TRUCK TO SHOW WHAT GOES ON INSIDE AND THEY SAID "GET A CROWD SHOT THEY SAID...DON'T DO THAT...THERE IS NO CROWD".

Hilarity Continues.

Reactions: Predarat
Our poor defensive line rearing it's ugly head. Marshall starting to figure out they can run at will when the box isn't stacked

Our defensive line, and front 7 as a whole, is getting destroyed on this drive.

This is not a good Marshall team. We need to win this game

Haven't seen that fake the screen to both outsides back to the middle since Joe Craddock (I think it was) was at QB.

This game was a must win. Marshall wasn’t good and they really defeated themselves more than we actually won the game. Our defense saved the day: Brooks and Moffat made big plays and we got turnovers to seal the game away. This was enjoyable!

Next two games will tell us if we contend for an outright championship or do we stub our toes. We will have to earn our stripes: Marshall was not that good and they made poor coaching and clock decisions that made our job easier to come away with a victory.

Congratulations Blue Raiders!! 1-0 in C-USA!!

I called it. Now we lead the series since we've een in the same conference. The D stood strong and the O was ok. We left a lot of meat on the bone. Next week is what worries me. FAU will give us nothing and they will take a lot.

Reactions: MTsumner92
To be honest, not sure I feel like I know anymore about this team after seeing Marshall and seeing us play and beat them.

To be honest, not sure I feel like I know anymore about this team after seeing Marshall and seeing us play and beat them.

We beat a decent team with a bad QB today. We played OK. If we don't improve significantly we won't sniff a CUSA title. We'll know a lot more after @FAU and @UNT. Kiffin has to be looking for some serious payback.

This team better not be resting on it's laurels after tonight. Shit gets real next week against FAU.

Last edited:
That’s the thing with this team. Heck. With almost all of Stock’s teams. There is no real identity. You never know what you are going to get. That can be good but man can it be bad too.

Guys and gals, I’m sitting here watching the Marshall D-Line in pregame warm-ups and their position coach. He is not like Tommy West. This guy is nuts.

It’s gonna be ugly. Calling it right now. He’s screaming at them to “get to the QB quick and we win!”
They are all huge. Saying a prayer for Asher right now.

DOH! Missed on that observation.

Guys and gals, I’m sitting here watching the Marshall D-Line in pregame warm-ups and their position coach. He is not like Tommy West. This guy is nuts.

It’s gonna be ugly. Calling it right now. He’s screaming at them to “get to the QB quick and we win!”
They are all huge. Saying a prayer for Asher right now.

Yet we put up 10 more points on them than Boise St. did. Asher made them look silly at times. I knew we would come out and play a lot better than we have and Marshall probably seemed easy compared to who we've played. Marshall played VMI, Ohio and Cincy.

Glad that they got the win but how do we know anything about this team? I agree that we will know more after 2 weeks but it is Jekyll and Hyde every year. Guarantee we get to six wins.

We beat a decent team with a bad QB today. We played OK. If we don't improve significantly we won't sniff a CUSA title. We'll know a lot more after @FAU and @UNT. Kiffin has to be looking for some serious payback.

This team better not be resting on it's laurels after tonight. Shit gets real next week against FAU.

Keep getting Dobson and Chissolm in space and we will win 8-9 games. Jimmy Marshall and Pierce are also difference makers. We have players, we simply need a more crisp strategy.

Rick is consistent if nothing else... he has won 7 to 8 games each of the the last 4 years

Head coaching record[edit]
Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders
(Sun Belt Conference) (2006–2012)
2006 Middle Tennessee 7–6 6–1 T–1st L Motor City
2007 Middle Tennessee 5–7 4–3 T–2nd
2008 Middle Tennessee 5–7 3–4 T–4th
2009 Middle Tennessee 10–3 7–1 2nd W New Orleans
2010 Middle Tennessee 6–7 5–3 3rd L GoDaddy.com
2011 Middle Tennessee 2–10 1–7 8th
2012 Middle Tennessee 8–4 6–2 T–2nd
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (Conference USA) (2013–present)
2013 Middle Tennessee 8–5 6–2 T–2nd (East) L Armed Forces
2014 Middle Tennessee 6–6 5–3 2nd (East)
2015 Middle Tennessee 7–6 6–2 T–2nd (East) L Bahamas
2016 Middle Tennessee 8–5 5–3 3rd (East) L Hawaii
2017 Middle Tennessee 7–6 4–4 T–3rd (East) W Camellia
2018 Middle Tennessee 8–6 7–1 1st (East) L New Orleans

Reactions: MTOleBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT