ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-3) vs Marshall (2-2), 2:30PM, Saturday, October 5, 2019

Yes he did. And now it’s looking like he was wrong.
Pretty sure it was West talking about the D-line, but I will have to go back to GBR.com to see if I can find the article. Not sure how far back they archive articles on there. We’ve had some decent O-lines in the past and given what the O-line lost from last year would be mildly surprised if Franklin would have been singing their praises.

tony franklin on o-line during fall camp:

...Offensive coordinator Tony Franklin isn't too worried.

“The thing that I felt like with this group is that they have the potential to be the most physical group I've coached since I’ve been here,” Franklin said. “They play hard, like each other, and that’s what they’ve shown so far. We’ve got several guys that can play, and right now they’re playing some good football.”

For one thing, there's depth.

Of the 24 offensive linemen listed on the roster, 14 are underclassmen, including 11 freshmen.....

It'll be interesting to see how the OL does in conference play.

What's interesting to me is this is the fifth game, so if there any players the staff is planning to redshirt, we may not see them the rest of season including this game. I would have like to see a conference game come before the fifth game of the season to get a clue on what we have against teams with similar talent.

What's interesting to me is this is the fifth game, so if there any players the staff is planning to redshirt, we may not see them the rest of season including this game. I would have like to see a conference game come before the fifth game of the season to get a clue on what we have against teams with similar talent.

Can you play in any 4 games, not just the first 4 games?

tony franklin on o-line during fall camp:

...Offensive coordinator Tony Franklin isn't too worried.

“The thing that I felt like with this group is that they have the potential to be the most physical group I've coached since I’ve been here,” Franklin said. “They play hard, like each other, and that’s what they’ve shown so far. We’ve got several guys that can play, and right now they’re playing some good football.”

For one thing, there's depth.

Of the 24 offensive linemen listed on the roster, 14 are underclassmen, including 11 freshmen.....

Who wouldn't look good going up against our DL?

GAMEDAY TIMELINE
Oct. 5 - MT vs Marshall

Time Event
8:30 AM Ticket Office Opens
The main ticket office is located at Gate 1 and will be open at Noon to facilitate fans wishing to purchase tickets the day of the game.

10:00 AM The Grove Opens
Located near Floyd Stadium and Raider Walk, the Grove provides an atmosphere for tailgating and pre-game celebrations.

Noon Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
The Blue Raider Hall of Fame will induct its 44th class prior to kickoff, with 2019 inductees Ashley Asberry, Tony Burse, Manon Kruse, Jimmy Martin, Laura Miguez (Howarth), Josh Pride and Erik Walden being honored on the Hall of Fame Lawn.

12:15 PM Raider Walk
Raider Walk began in 2000, which features the team walking through Walnut Grove two hours prior to kickoff. The walk allows fans, cheerleaders and members of the Band of Blue to wish the Blue Raiders luck in their upcoming game. Look for the blue lightning bolts on the sidewalk to know where the players and coaches will walk.

12:30 PM Lightning's Locker Room Opens
Stop by Lightning’s Locker Room at Gate 2 of Floyd Stadium to pick up your Middle Tennessee gear.

12:30 PM Blue Raider Beer Garden Opens
Visit the all new Blue Raider Beer Garden inside Floyd Stadium to continue your pre-game tailgate. Enter from the center gate on Faulkinberry Drive.

1:00 PM Floyd Stadium Gates Open

1:00 PM Field Available for Teams

2:35 PM KICKOFF

from the podcast, of the 44 players on MT two deep from last year's game, 31 have been replaced...

Herd Nation podcast:

Well, to be fair....none of the students probably knew who he was since he hardly ever does that sort of thing. They may have thought he was that old guy who goes back to school late doing his marketing internship.
LOL. Easy there youngster. I was also one of those “old” guys who went back to school in his 40’s. :D

the hometown paper

dnj deleted it but I made a screen shot to make sure we had it for the record

EGHtpgeWoAAluxL

Last edited:
Looks like the dnj was finally embarrassed by the comments and deleted that tweet and put up a new one... They're already better than cnn or nytimes

Guys and gals, I’m sitting here watching the Marshall D-Line in pregame warm-ups and their position coach. He is not like Tommy West. This guy is nuts.

It’s gonna be ugly. Calling it right now. He’s screaming at them to “get to the QB quick and we win!”
They are all huge. Saying a prayer for Asher right now.

Reactions: playersu12
ADVERTISEMENT