ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall vs FAU

Blueraider_Mike

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2005
FAU marching right down the field on the first drive. Almost all runs. Two 4th down tries leading to FDs...TD Driscol.

They are a steamroller.

It's neat how things work when you have a competent OL, isn't it?

FAU is doing NOTHING from a scheme standpoint that is impressive. They line up and run the zone read 50 times a game with a few deep shots and TE flat routes. That's it. That's literally it.

Football is a very simple game when you recruit war daddies on the OL and control the line of scrimmage.

Refs just robbed a TD from Marshall there. Not happy about that. I have Marshall +7. That was NOT offensive PI. Fvcking defender falls down and they throw a flag on Marshall. All the calls going FAU's way. 2 early false starts because FAU playing music while Marshall trying to snap the ball. Real classy down there

For the record, we need a Marshall win tonight to keep our extremely slim C-USA championship hopes in tact. FAU eliminate us from the 2017 conference race with a win tonight. Have to cheer for the Herd tonight!

Couldn't care less about 0.00001% chance of winning the conference at this point. I'm cheering for Marshall because I bet them.

puke.....Litton a turn over machine....Are we sure Urzua didn't retire to stealth transfer to Marshall?

It's neat how things work when you have a competent OL, isn't it?

FAU is doing NOTHING from a scheme standpoint that is impressive. They line up and run the zone read 50 times a game with a few deep shots and TE flat routes. That's it. That's literally it.

Football is a very simple game when you recruit war daddies on the OL and control the line of scrimmage.

You called their offense gimmicky 2 weeks ago. FAU is smart and basically adjusted to what they had and exposed teams by running quick plays. Once they do it 10 times in a row, you start to get tired.

However, tonight, Marshall gift wrapped that win to FAU and still had a shot. That guy who returned that kick should have went down at the 50. Sheesh, They would have had 7 seconds left. Better to throw a hail mary than a hot potato play.

You called their offense gimmicky 2 weeks ago. FAU is smart and basically adjusted to what they had and exposed teams by running quick plays. Once they do it 10 times in a row, you start to get tired.

However, tonight, Marshall gift wrapped that win to FAU and still had a shot. That guy who returned that kick should have went down at the 50. Sheesh, They would have had 7 seconds left. Better to throw a hail mary than a hot potato play.

I don't believe I used the word gimmicky. It's cheesy for sure and pretty uneventful, but what they do is certainly within the rules. I just find it incredibly lame to turn football into running the same play over and over again as fast as you can, however; if the defense can't stop it then why wouldn't you do that? Still, doesn't make it any less lame.

You would think at some point teams would start to understand that all FAU wants to do is run the zone read 50 times a game as fast as possible, throw an occasional deep ball and TE flat route with a tricky WR pass here and there, and that's it. Absolutely nothing imaginative about it, nothing fancy to prepare for. You've just got to line up and beat your man, which apparently nobody can do. FAU is also a very tendency favored team. After watching almost all of their games this year, you can see their play calls coming from a mile away. I have no idea how teams have not been better prepared when facing the Owls. They're doing the same thing week in, week out, for the last 8 weeks.

FAU will get blown out once they run into a team who has a front 7 with a pulse (See Navy & Wisconsin games).

FAU's success is quite an indictment on the rest of the conference IMO. CUSA just sucks this year.

Well, FAU retooled and simplified some things which made them more effective. They are not turning it over and are playing sound football which is why they are +16. If they Navy now they are beating them. Navy couldn't stop Temple.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT