ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Marshall game...

Marshall keeps their streak of not allowing a TD alive until the end of the game. MU 35 - MT 7

Attendance announced at 11,675 and butts-in-seats is less than 25% of that number.

I don't think it will be high scoring because of our D. Our D will keep us in it and as weird as it sounds, we play better at home and we play even better in black. We're like 7-2 in the black unis with wins over a Doughty led WKU and a Cato led Marshall. Also, we've always rebounded after a loss this year. My childlike optimism is probably working overtime but I think we will play better in this one.

I don't think it will be high scoring because of our D. Our D will keep us in it and as weird as it sounds, we play better at home and we play even better in black. We're like 7-2 in the black unis with wins over a Doughty led WKU and a Cato led Marshall. Also, we've always rebounded after a loss this year. My childlike optimism is probably working overtime but I think we will play better in this one.

When we just play like we are capable we can beat most teams. When we don't turn it over and catch wide open passes we can beat most teams, especially at home. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we win on Friday night.

When we just play like we are capable we can beat most teams. When we don't turn it over and catch wide open passes we can beat most teams, especially at home. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we win on Friday night.

I know right? It's kind of our M.O. Lose the games we should win and win the ones we shouldn't.

MT - 3
Marshall - 2

We win with a 56-yard field goal as time expires, and all 3,467 people there rush the field. Someone takes Coach Stock's lucky viser and we never win another game this season. We try to tear down the goal-posts, but we don't have enough people to do it. Everyone goes to the Boulevard after the game and drinks Blue Moon's until the new guy starts puking in the corner.
It's a magical October night...

If we beat Marshall, I will probably be rushing the field. That will be a major upset in my mind.

A call to arms boys! Hey wiley, you got that?

Seasons over. What's the point. A head coach in his 12th year who has never had the best team in his conference should be competing for conference titles. Or at the very least getting to the title game. 7 games into the season and it's already guaranteed we will do neither. So why even bother. We can no longer reach the goals that the team set at the beginning of the season. Honestly don't even know why we would bother playing the remainder of our games.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19MU88
This game is the last hope for a decent season. Win, with the rest of the schedule could go 3-1 fairly easily as 2 of the rest should be automatic wins. Though 'Should be' and 'automatic wins' should never be mentions with the words 'Blue Raider Football'. Lose and once again a chance at 'bowl eligibility' and Twitter Post Cards from Syd and Chris at some nice destination showing them having a grand time while the team takes yet another bowl bludgeoning.

I guess I just have higher expectations at this point. Our coach is in his 12th season. Many publications predicted us to do well this year, with some even saying we'd win the conference or at the very least make it to the title game.

But now, just 7 games into the season, we don't even have a chance to make the title game now. How pathetic is that? We've got 5 games left on the schedule and what happens in them is completely meaningless because we already $hit the bed in conference play.

This is just another year of meaningless November games against garbage opponents to fatten our record up after losing all the key games. I just have no interest in limping to 6-6 playing one of the worst schedules in the country and being invited to a joke of a bowl game only to get blown out by a MAC team. This team and program has been stuck in a ditch for a decade and won't be getting out of it any time soon unless there's a major shake-up (which won't happen because our AD apparently is satisfied with mediocrity, hence the low bar set for automatic contract extensions).

Reactions: Predarat
I guess I just have higher expectations at this point. Our coach is in his 12th season. Many publications predicted us to do well this year, with some even saying we'd win the conference or at the very least make it to the title game.

But now, just 7 games into the season, we don't even have a chance to make the title game now. How pathetic is that? We've got 5 games left on the schedule and what happens in them is completely meaningless because we already $hit the bed in conference play.

This is just another year of meaningless November games against garbage opponents to fatten our record up after losing all the key games. I just have no interest in limping to 6-6 playing one of the worst schedules in the country and being invited to a joke of a bowl game only to get blown out by a MAC team. This team and program has been stuck in a ditch for a decade and won't be getting out of it any time soon unless there's a major shake-up (which won't happen because our AD apparently is satisfied with mediocrity, hence the low bar set for automatic contract extensions).
We could be twins.

Reactions: Predarat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT