ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Mapping out the rest of the regular season

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
MT is 2-3, seven games left to get four wins for bowl eligibility, Brent's injury from what I've found, at best has a period of 9-12 weeks to heal up. I have not seen anything in my search that shortens that period of recovery. Going to Blue Raider football games has become like going to the Dentist. You do it but don't look forward to the pain and discomfort.

I'm not expecting the four or five more wins to get the Blue Raiders into a bowl. No trip to the Bahamas for ole Sidney. But on the bright side and bringing hope to fans, no auto extension to the coach's contract.

vs FIU - a win here is vital to bowl eligiblity chances, I think this is a win, barely.

@ UAB - this is will likely be a humiliating loss. UAB has done quite well for their first year back.

vs Marshall - this will likely be a loss. They appear to be back

vs UTEP - this will be a win

@ Charlotte - I suspect another loss, starting a streak

@wku - loss, why expect anything different

vs ODU - loss, ODU wins their first win over MT in any sport of significance to fans.

Before the season and injuries I predicted 6-6 with losses to both Florida schools. I only see 2 wins from the remaining schedule. UTEP and Charlotte.
We are really bad.

I think we should beat UTEP, UAB, and Charlotte. Unless we improve a lot, I don't see us beating WKU, Marshall or ODU. If my projection is correct, the FIU game will be the one that determines the extension. Uh, I meant bowl eligibility.

Really don't care what else happens. We are not getting anywhere close to a CUSA championship this year and that's all that matters. We are a bad team that I have zero interest in watching moving forward.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Look, regardless of how folks think we'll do, the fact is that....

FAU plays ODU this week. They still have Marshall and WKU as well. They will get canceled out but will get one of those. WKU already has a conference loss and will have a couple more. Marshall is the beast but we play them better at home. We'll see what happens vs. FIU. We'll pick it back up. We always do.

Charlotte, UTEP & UAB are all pretty bad. Marshall turned it around and we will lose to Western, again. I think ODU is a loss. This Saturday's game might determine if we go to the Ajax Toilet Bowl Cleaner & AutoTire Kleenex bowl in Western Montana or just stay home.

FIU - w 24-17. Ugly to start but then we pull back in the 4th.

UAB - w 34-33. Back and forth and literally takes a last second play. We underestimate them and almost pay the price.

Marshall - w 49-42. I’m going to this game and refuse to say they will lose with me there. :)

UTEP - w 49-7. We have issues but they are bad. As in coach gone bad.

Charlotte - toss. They have moments of being up and moments of down. Idk.

WKU - l 35-42. We just let this team get to our heads and they don’t let us get to theirs.

ODU - w 21-17. Brent will be back and we will pull it out barely.

7-5 maybe 8-4. And if somehow that gives us the East, have mercy that shows how bad this conference is this year. Again. A winning “bowl eligible” record over a majority of teams that will finish below .500.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT