ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Lady Raiders take on Fort Myers!

jakeboldenbrp

Blue Raider
Silver Member
Jan 2, 2024
Shelbyville, TN
The Lady Raiders will be one of four participants at the Fort Myers Tip-Off.

Matt Insell teased in his summer episode about the matchups with Iowa State and Purdue, but the news on South Carolina being their is huge for NET/RPI points to be picked up. ESPN's way-too-early Top 25 rankings has South Carolina (#1) and Iowa State (#10) in their Top 10. South Caroline being the defending national champions and Iowa State getting a big haul from the transfer portal makes these really good (potential) wins midway through Non-conference season.

If you can't get them to Murfreesboro, a neutral floor game is your best opportunity. November 28th can't get here soon enough!

EDIT: It appears we are on the "Island" side of the Fort Myers Tip-Off with predetermined matchups against Purdue and Iowa State

This is awesome. To me, it screams of giving the respect to the program and Insell that has been built and earned over the years. That tourney win I'm sure helped as well.

Doing well here will go a long way towards that top16 spot to host.

Crooks for Iowa St is an incredible weapon. Look for MT to be very aware of her. I anticipate some major double teaming of Arike & Boldyreva on her. If those 2 can keep from fouling out Crooks may not have the walk in the park she's been accustomed to having. No doubt it will be a tremendous challenge, but the neutral site will be a great bonus for the Raiders.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
This is incredible news for the program to get this kind of reputation boost. Two winnable games against ISU and Purdue. Thrilled for this scheduling coup.

Reactions: MTFAN61
I really like Monson. She is taller than I thought at 6'1''. She seems very athletic and is a super nice person. I was just wondering what you meant by Monson's transfer paying off. What am I missing here?

Reactions: Tomorrow299
Looking forward to schedule release. We need to get some payback with Princeton, GCU, & Belmont this year.
There's never a given in sports, but we can certainly beat Purdue. They were a very decent 23-13 last year. Purdue had a 90-77 win over WKU, but also had losses to Cleveland St & Youngstown St.

I wondered this also. Feel like I’m missing something here.
Not to speak in place of MidTenn, but he may feel that Munson could possibly share a few insights that would benefit the coaches while preparing for Purdue. Things that they may not have picked up via a regular scouting report. For example he may feel Munson may have 1st hand knowledge of specific players weaknesses, & how as a team we can take advantage of said weaknesses that other Purdue opponents would not have been aware of.
Just a guess.

Not to speak in place of MidTenn, but he may feel that Munson could possibly share a few insights that would benefit the coaches while preparing for Purdue. Things that they may not have picked up via a regular scouting report. For example he may feel Munson may have 1st hand knowledge of specific players weaknesses, & how as a team we can take advantage of said weaknesses that other Purdue opponents would not have been aware of.
Just a guess.
Precisely

Reactions: crassyblue
Tennessee just announced its non-conference schedule for 2024-25.
Middle Tennessee game date included in report.
Middle Tennessee vs Tennessee: November 12th

Many schools are releasing their schedules. Any word when MT is releasing their men's & women's schedule for the 2024-25 season?

Reactions: MTOleBlue
This was for the men's team
Oh No What GIF by Tennis TV

Checking UCLA women's schedule from their twitter site. Bruins have already reported home non-conference schedule along with 2 early season tournaments. Open play early November in Paris with 3 other teams in what's called the Aflac Oui tournament, & in December a pre-Christmas tournament titled the Invisalign tourney.
Middle Tennessee is not listed as any of their upcoming opponents. Lost a bit of confidence the Lady Raiders will be scheduled this fall against the Bruins of UCLA after all.
Schedules will likely be out in the next few weeks for verification one way or the other. If any Raider insider has further info look forward to the update.

Television updates:
MT versus Iowa State & Purdue this Nov 28 & 30th can be seen on the Women's Sports Network. Easy viewing is through the free streaming service TUBI. Once you have the app downloaded just select live Television viewing & scroll to sports section. WSN is easily found.

Middle Tennessee's loan network broadcast is our game at Liberty January 4, 2025 on ESPNU.

On a side note the men's basketball team have 8 network broadcasts this year. See their twitter (X) page for network listing.

While we have no additional info from the university I anticipate all other home games will still be broadcast on ESPN+. Conference affiliates such as Liberty & FIU have already submitted ESPN+ updates for home games not on tap for major network viewing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT