ADVERTISEMENT

Ladies in WNIT

Saw that we were listed as automatic qualifier? Not sure why unless 2nd place team gets an auto bid when champ goes to NCAA. Wish it was not on Thursday since men play that afternoon.

Gotta think if we win this one, we host the 2nd round game as well. We averaged more fans at our home games than WF and Bethume-Cookman combined.

The season has been up & down for the Lady Raiders, but getting to this post-season tournament is a good achievement and a great opportunity to build the program.
This match specifically and the Lady Raider's quarter of the bracket could create some exciting games.

Interesting connection, in the first round game, assistant coach Tom Hodges was previously head coach at Morehead (2009-2013) before returning to MT in 2014.

I think this may have been CRI's best coaching job considering the athleticism (or lack of) with this group.

Face Wake Forest Sunday. Pretty good crowd considering the men were in Milwaukee probably a good number of Lady Raider season ticket holders were as well and the start time. Not sure how much we miss Lauro being out hurt, but last night the Lady Raiders were much like they have been all year. Ugly win.

Just a note. Murphy Center was absolutely trashed last night from the HS tourney crowd, just nasty with all the trash, spilled soda. Awful. It probably took the cleanup crew a hundred times the trash bags to pick up and clean up the trash as it does the most crowded MT game. I don't think I'm exaggerating.

BTW, I didn't see it but I saw some comments on twitter about a memphis HS fan getting down on the baseline to try to confront a HS referee he was unhappy with. Sometimes I wish we could just give Shelby county to Mississippi.

Reactions: BlueRaider95
About the only good thing you can say about the game against Morehead is that we won. Looked pretty bad and I was thinking I am glad we did not go to NCAA as it would have been UGLY. You are right about the MC. I barely got my feet unstuck from the floor. I guess crowd was not bad since it was such a late start and we had to wait to get to the seats until about 10 minutes before tipoff. Game just felt strange.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Just a note. Murphy Center was absolutely trashed last night from the HS tourney crowd, just nasty with all the trash, spilled soda. Awful. It probably took the cleanup crew a hundred times the trash bags to pick up and clean up the trash as it does the most crowded MT game. I don't think I'm exaggerating.

You're not exaggerating at all. That had to be at least a 5 hour cleanup job. The Murph looked like a garbage truck decided to drop several loads all over it. Glad the next game is Sunday and not after the high school games Saturday.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT