ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Schedule

Sweet. We know WKU is home. But there will be one team we won't play since we will be at 10 next year. Part of me thought they may reduce OoC to 3 and do round robin, but our 4 have been announced so 8 CUSA games it is.

Right now
08/31 TN Tech
09/07 @ Ole Miss
09/22 Duke
09/28 @ Memphis

I wonder if 09/14 will make an early full bye or if a conference game will slot there? Liberty, NMSU, UTEP, and WKU have openings that weekend.

Interesting tidbit. We are paying TN Tech $300k to come.

08/31 TN Tech
09/07 @ Ole Miss
09/14 WKU
09/21 Duke
09/28 @ Memphis
10/05 BYE
10/10 @ LaT - Thurs
10/15 KSU - Tues
10/23 @ JSU - Wed
11/02 @ UTEP
11/09 Liberty
11/16 BYE
11/23 NMSU
11/30 @ FIU

Super cool way to release it with the covers. So I was coming down for Duke. But do I want WKU instead? Hmmmm. Will 100% be there Labor Day weekend for TN Tech.

Last edited:
The people who run this league are idiots.
Not that I disagree, but why do you say that for this? Besides the fact that WKU should be rivalry weekend. They smartly put UTEP/NMSU that weekend at least.

1. 100 Miles of Hate should never, ever be mid-Sept. Ridiculous.

2. We play a road game on a Thursday night and then turn around play again on Tuesday. Our guys will get back about 3 a..m on a Friday morning. That gives us four nights of sleep and prep before the next game. Even more ridiculous.

3. Back to back years playing the same team on the road. That was likely inevitable, but for us it's the one school that's the furthest away and hardest road trip for us.

Two of the best home games on back to back weeks, not sure if I like that. But I really do not like having Western so early. Ugh.

1. 100 Miles of Hate should never, ever be mid-Sept. Ridiculous.

2. We play a road game on a Thursday night and then turn around play again on Tuesday. Our guys will get back about 3 a..m on a Friday morning. That gives us four nights of sleep and prep before the next game. Even more ridiculous.

3. Back to back years playing the same team on the road. That was likely inevitable, but for us it's the one school that's the furthest away and hardest road trip for us.
WKU in September is not ideal but it should have a lot of people there since those early games are usually our best attended. I’m guessing that’s something MT and WKU are wanting to boost ticket sells.

It’s the same as playing Saturday and then on thursday

It’s the same as playing Saturday and then on thursday

Fair point I suppose. I guess I look at it differently because Sunday after a Saturday game is an "off day" whereas Friday is a class day. In fact you have class days both in front of and after each of both games in the Tues to Thurs.

Fair point I suppose. I guess I look at it differently because Sunday after a Saturday game is an "off day" whereas Friday is a class day. In fact you have class days both in front of and after each of both games in the Tues to Thurs.
To an extent their class schedule can be adjusted. I know one semester I worked MWF so I had more TuesThurs classes. Another year I just worked weekends and had one class Friday mornings because the MW classes were those 2h40m doozies. There will be some flexibility for them and the smart ones will take advantage of that.

Do they offer online classes for regular students? Maybe some classes they have are work your own pace anyway. Plus even though I never took less than 17hrs, 12hrs is full time and I dare say no student athlete with their practice schedule is taking more than 12.

To an extent their class schedule can be adjusted. I know one semester I worked MWF so I had more TuesThurs classes. Another year I just worked weekends and had one class Friday mornings because the MW classes were those 2h40m doozies. There will be some flexibility for them and the smart ones will take advantage of that.

Do they offer online classes for regular students? Maybe some classes they have are work your own pace anyway. Plus even though I never took less than 17hrs, 12hrs is full time and I dare say no student athlete with their practice schedule is taking more than 12.
They do offer online to all students

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT