ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Juco signing this week...

MTsumner92

All American
Jul 31, 2005
Hendersonville
We need two Defensive Tackles, One cornerback, One OT(have one committed) and possibly a Defensive End if they can rush the passer? Yes....I am worried about our DL next year.

I don't know if we can count on any immediate help from the JUCO ranks.

Our JUCO hit rate is abysmal - like only 1 in 6 JUCO's actually make an impact.

We do have the OT in Luckett. I've seen him listed anywhere from 265 to 285lbs. I don't know how much we could count on him at 265, but he could probably chip in at 285.

Too many more prestigious schools are going after our most pressing need. There are so few "can't miss" D linemen available at ether the JUCO or high school level.

If you are not Alabama (or similar) then developing D linemen is, by necessity, more important than signing them ready to make an immediate impact.

If we expect improvement next year the players need to already be in the pipeline.

Too many more prestigious schools are going after our most pressing need. There are so few "can't miss" D linemen available at ether the JUCO or high school level.

If you are not Alabama (or similar) then developing D linemen is, by necessity, more important than signing them ready to make an immediate impact.

If we expect improvement next year the players need to already be in the pipeline.

I agree, besides, with the biggest and most veteren D line we have ever had we still couldn't stop the run. Not sure the issue is players per se'. We don't need a shut down D, we just need a better D.

DT looks like it could be a disaster.

We have Manciel, and after him you have Nix and Poydras who have both redshirted. That's it.

Akins can probably move inside though.

That's scary thin.

But don't worry, we'll have 16 ships tied up in WR's, most of whom will never play because they'll be beaten out by walk-ons.

DE looks ok.

We'll get Peter Bailey back as a redshirt. Liggons and Render should be ok. Jahmal Jones showed flashes 2 years ago, but was hurt all this year. After that, we have bunch of underclass and redshirts.

We've not a single D-lineman commited at this point, either.

Looking at the bright side - the DL was so ineffective this year - how much worse can we possibly get?

Reactions: SmithO1906
better coaching = better defense.

Does anyone think that western michigan has the most talented G5 team in the nation --- or perhaps just the best G5 coach?

Isn't Walter Brady, the one time MT commit, now enrolled at MT following his departure from Missouri?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT