ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING JUCO Signing Day

C-Bow

Hall of Famer
Staff
Dec 5, 2005
www.gomiddle.com
Putting a dedicated thread together here to discuss today's signings.

I'm expecting as many as four, maybe five, LOI's to roll in for the Blue Raiders.

The first was safety Wesley Bush. MT came on strong at the end and sold him on his official visit this past weekend. Kid has some great instincts at the safety position. Should be a contributor for the defense early.

Next up is 3-star OL Amir Luckett. No surprise here. MT put the full court press on him and locked him down after his visit a couple of weekends ago. He's a freshman qualifier with 4 to play 3. A bit raw, he was a converted DT from high school, but really picked up on the position and went with it. Lot of good stuff in his Q&A that we did. Tons of upside here, without a doubt.

Obviously there's still Rosheem Collins out there. Not expecting any surprises here. He should sign with MT.

The fourth could potentially be JUCO DB Kamau Farrell-Burke. He's a lanky corner who's been coming on strong here of late.

There were a few other JUCO prospects who took visits to MT over the past couple of weeks. I wouldn't be shocked if any of them pulled the trigger and signed, either.

Huge get on Collins.

With us being so thin at DT, I don't think I'm going out on a huge limb by saying Collins needs to be a plug and play guy.

I still think we need another one.

And we need to load up on high school DT's we can develop.

SURPRISE!

3-star JUCO RB Maurice Gordon is signed, sealed and delivered!

Chose MT over Cincinnati and Texas Southern. He visited this past weekend and was hosted by Mathers. From a source of mine, Gordon can be compared to Mathers with his style of running. Only...Gordon is FASTER. Scary thought!

Reactions: RaiderDoug
Hope some of these are hit prospects. We seem to miss on a ton of our JUCO recruits. Any idea what the thought process was behind signing a JC RB? Are the coaches that unsure of what's behind Mathers? The Gordon kids film is fine but at 5'10 200lbs he doesn't appear to offer anything that we don't already have? Am I missing something here?

Hope some of these are hit prospects. We seem to miss on a ton of our JUCO recruits. Any idea what the thought process was behind signing a JC RB? Are the coaches that unsure of what's behind Mathers? The Gordon kids film is fine but at 5'10 200lbs he doesn't appear to offer anything that we don't already have? Am I missing something here?

Well the 2 RBs that played were underwhelming to say the least. West and the other guy, both were on the KR team, neither broke one all year. I am hoping Tucker will take a RS and play one more year, he could go back to RB.

We return:
West who really didn't show much as the backup
Garnett who showed nothing and basically went to the dog house after the Vandy game
Thomas who can't stay healthy
and Will Mitchell a 5'6 180 lb walkon
We were extremely lucky that Mathers held up the whole season. As stated above I hope Tucker moves back to RB next season
On another note KFB reminds me a Cutrer

Well the 2 RBs that played were underwhelming to say the least. West and the other guy, both were on the KR team, neither broke one all year. I am hoping Tucker will take a RS and play one more year, he could go back to RB.
So your measure of a good RB is his ability to break a kickoff return?

I'm not convinced West is the bust some of you believe he is. He showed some flashes and I'm interested to see how he develops as he heads into his sophomore campaign.

I'm not convinced West is the bust some of you believe he is. He showed some flashes and I'm interested to see how he develops as he heads into his sophomore campaign.

Let's not forget he suffered a family tragedy DURING the season. At a game, no less.

I agree he showed some flashes, but was about as consistent as this month's weather.

Keep in mind Herrod is gone and there's no telling where Tucker will line up next year.

Reactions: AustinLewis

I didn't say bust, I said underwhelming. Hope your right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT