ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Johnson gaining confidence in new role

I feel like Johnson is our X factor...if he can continue to improve and provide offensively we are in fantastic shape from the offensive side. With 4 good scoring options and PG who protects the ball we will be much harder to defend. I am so glad he is starting and wish he would have started day one this year, I think he is one of those guys who just needs minutes.

Reactions: C-Bow
The past few weeks, he is playing better than Giddy has been. If Johnson can continue this trend, we will be tough to beat.

Giddy saw this and took exception tonight.

Giddy might have had more points just Johnson was more efficient with his shots. I'd still say Johnson had the better game.

Giddy might have had more points just Johnson was more efficient with his shots. I'd still say Johnson had the better game.

Johnson: 7/11 FG, 2/4 3PT, 3 reb, 3 ast
Potts: 8/15 FG, 6/12 3PT, 7 reb, 2 ast

From a FG% standpoint, Johnson was moderately more efficient. Who had the better game is debatable, I think. I've been disappointed with Giddy pretty much all season, but there's no doubt he was feeling it last night. Maybe it was the haircut!

By the way, Wiley, do you still have that post bookmarked from after the Belmont game? Don't think I've forgotten.

“Gonna be a bad year.”
“Gonna get ran over by the better teams in this conference...”
“We are just not a very good team, period.”
“You’ve either got talented shooters or you don’t. And we don’t.”
“This team isn’t getting anywhere near a CUSA championship.”
"If that doesn't alarm you to a poor season incoming, then I can't help you."
"Keep on. Can't wait to resurrect this thread later on."

-Stephen Wiley, MT Athletics Soothsayer

I resurrected it for you.

Reactions: MTLynn
Still got it bookmarked, and still don't think this team wins a CUSA championship.

Right now, these team is trending up. Not sure how you can't bet on the Raiders right now if the conference tournament was held today. I like our odds. Gotta get the first seed!

Still got it bookmarked, and still don't think this team wins a CUSA championship.

Hey- nice moving of the goalposts! So are you saying your snap judgement of our team not being good, getting "run over" by the better teams in the conference, etc. was an overreaction? Would you consider 20-5 to be a "poor" season?

I'm not trying to antagonize so I should probably let this go- it just aggravates me when folks make gloom-and-doom predictions based on little-to-nothing and present them as immutable fact.

Reactions: subkyle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT