ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL job opening

Fallout from new DC?

article in the Tennessean mentions he turns 63 wednesday... probably ready to get away from the college grind.

Sounds like Stockstill has a chance to reduce the geriatric profile of his coaching staff. Could use even more of a youth movement on that staff.

Reactions: C-Bow
I see Organ's article is up on both The Tennessean's and The DNJ's on-line sites. I guess that implies that Mike Organ is now the MT beat writer (LOL).

At least we got the first entry in two weeks on The DNJ's on-line MT site (since Amato's farewell article). I was beginning to think it was going to be permanently inactive.

Ran in to Bibee a couple of weeks ago. Asked him how the new DC was doing. He shrugged and said OK. Did not seem too happy.

Good riddance. Our Safeties sucked last year and he would not have done well with the LB's. Shafer was kicking that butt and he couldn't take it. Buh Bye. I'm liking Shafer more and more now. I saw those drills they were running in the spring game/practice and I haven't seen our D move like that in years. They looked hungry and motivated. Shafer will kick butt this year. Book it.

Reactions: MTTim
I'm being told he was simply burnt out..

I could see that. Being a position coach isn't easy. They do all the grunt work and make far less coins. It's not an easy job by any means and it's very, very stressful. It's also not as straight forward as people realize. Politics are a very real thing when it comes to moving up the coaching ranks these days unfortunately. An old position coach just doesn't go anywhere these days anymore, plain and simple. His options were continue grinding it out, or retire. And he knew that, and was probably tired of the grind.

I mused with a fellow Blue Raider recently that for some reason it seems like the position we're able to recruit more highly regarded talent on a consistent basis (Defensive Back) has been our weakest position group, at least in the past few years. Hopefully we bring in someone able to coach up that talent we're able to attract.

db is the easiet position to recruit for besides wr, that's why most teams take 3 to 5 dbs and wrs a year. the hardest position is dt and qb.

I mused with a fellow Blue Raider recently that for some reason it seems like the position we're able to recruit more highly regarded talent on a consistent basis (Defensive Back) has been our weakest position group, at least in the past few years. Hopefully we bring in someone able to coach up that talent we're able to attract.

Great offenses are beating a lot of great defenses these days, so even if we are recruiting top notch talent at DB, it might not matter. Team's like WKU and La. Tech in our conference are making teams with a lot more skilled DB's than ours look silly.

Also, when your defensive front gets zero pressure, you can have the best DB's in the world and it will not matter.

Hence why we have a new D coordinator! The Hawaii game made us look silly on National TV.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT