ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL I've come around on the arena in Nashville

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
it seemed like for so long MT never played well at the arena in Nashville and I didn't like us going there. After seeing one of the best games I;ve seen for a long time, I am okay with us playing in Nashville, but only when we are playing a $ec team...

It was that way when we played in the old Nashville auditorium during OVC days. We played horribly in that building.

it seemed like for so long MT never played well at the arena in Nashville and I didn't like us going there. After seeing one of the best games I;ve seen for a long time, I am okay with us playing in Nashville, but only when we are playing a $ec team...

Consecutive wins against Vanderbilt and Auburn in that building will certainly help change a person's mind ;)

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Consecutive wins against Vanderbilt and Auburn in that building will certainly help change a person's mind ;)

The game gets us more attention in the media than any game in Murphy Center, even if it was the same opponent. Since the $ec tournament is almost a permanent resident of that arena, many sec programs might see it as an advantage to get some early season exposure to it.

Reactions: BlueRaider95
The game gets us more attention in the media than any game in Murphy Center, even if it was the same opponent. Since the $ec tournament is almost a permanent resident of that arena, many sec programs might see it as an advantage to get some early season exposure to it.

I hadn't thought about that. You may be on to something there.

Well, let make sure and not schedule games during MT graduation ceremonies...just a thought.

I still am mad we sold our "home game" to play at the Bridgestone. With our record over the past several years we should have never agreed to this series without a true home game...especially against a lower tier SEC team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT