ADVERTISEMENT

It’s really simple

Seems the admin issues are finally hitting the players. And he's saying this as someone still associated and getting paid (probably by Learfield by MT) to do broadcasts. While I still think Stock should be fired, I understand his stance as a former player under Stock.

Thing is we can debate all day long if facilities will help. If Stock would win with even Ohio State players. Truth is, as a head coach only, we don't know. He's never been given that opportunity. Is there some laziness in recruiting by some of our staff, yup. But are they hindered a bit as well yup. Enough that facilties will make 10 wins every year, no I don't feel so.

But as we all know, hardly any of us fault Stock at all. I can promise you I'd gladly have signed that contract too. Pay me for middle of the road expectations, absolutely.

It's Smith, McPhee, Massaro...who knows who is controlling who at this point. I've said before I want the house cleaned. We are stuck with Stock so somehow we need to figure out a way for the admin to be replaced.

Sadly it's the same admin that hired Insell and what "seems" to be an improved McD. (Albeit without Smith as involved as he is now on the board..for Insell anyway)

I'm gonna go to games when I can. Support the players, which I know we all agree on that part. Even when we lose, going gives me a connection to the school I don't want to lose. But I'm also not gonna be quiet in calling out the issues.

Now is the time to pull the trigger. Next week is an off week.

Fire/negotiate with Stock now, put Shaffer in as interim coach and look for a new coach before recruiting starts heating up.

If this was any of the other 123 FBS teams in the country, this would be the simple decision. Would have never reached this point, really.

Alas, we happen to be fans of the only team in the country where results like yesterday are completely acceptable. Not only acceptable, but rewarded.

Seems the admin issues are finally hitting the players. And he's saying this as someone still associated and getting paid (probably by Learfield by MT) to do broadcasts. While I still think Stock should be fired, I understand his stance as a former player under Stock.

Thing is we can debate all day long if facilities will help. If Stock would win with even Ohio State players. Truth is, as a head coach only, we don't know. He's never been given that opportunity. Is there some laziness in recruiting by some of our staff, yup. But are they hindered a bit as well yup. Enough that facilties will make 10 wins every year, no I don't feel so.

But as we all know, hardly any of us fault Stock at all. I can promise you I'd gladly have signed that contract too. Pay me for middle of the road expectations, absolutely.

It's Smith, McPhee, Massaro...who knows who is controlling who at this point. I've said before I want the house cleaned. We are stuck with Stock so somehow we need to figure out a way for the admin to be replaced.

Sadly it's the same admin that hired Insell and what "seems" to be an improved McD. (Albeit without Smith as involved as he is now on the board..for Insell anyway)

I'm gonna go to games when I can. Support the players, which I know we all agree on that part. Even when we lose, going gives me a connection to the school I don't want to lose. But I'm also not gonna be quiet in calling out the issues.

McPhee (and Steve Smith) are the men behind the curtain. McPhee (and Smith) are the ones with power.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT