ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL It’s Blitz Week!!!!

Stock's response at min 24 is very disheartening despite his optimism.

I was pretty close to the football staff and team circa 2005-2008. McCollum's last year and Stock's first three here to be precise.

Facilities were a concern from the moment we started getting stomped on the recruiting trail by Troy. We lost so many head to head recruiting battles with them because they had superior facilities and an NFL superstar in DeMarcus Ware. It was an easy sell to choose Troy over MT because of that. They had really nice, new facilities built by a sweetheart sponsor movie theatre company. Stockstill voiced these concerns as early as 2006, maybe 2007 at the latest (memory isn't totally clear when he first started bellyaching about our poor facilities and how it's costing us good players)

Here we are almost two decades later (and still havn't broke ground, pathetic) and we are finally getting those facilities that everyone surrounding the program has been asking for. We have very clearly needed these facilities for well over a decade. Predictably, McPhee finally saw the light and realized we had to have them.....15 years later and after getting passed by in crucial conference realignment. (will the facilities even matter or help now in the new pay to play environment?)

I am not saying new facilities will change the results. Look at the baseball team. But it damn sure gives you a better chance. You are going to get better players with nicer facilities. Probably not to the degree that you would have 10-20 years ago (I'll always believe we missed our window and it's too late for us now), but if a player is debating between two nearly equal schools and one has new/better facilities...which program do you think he will likely choose? New fancy facilities are going to get us a few guys in the future we would have lost out on previously.

I don't think it'll have any major impact on results/championships though. Too late for that. Again, maybe 10-20 years ago if we spent $60 million and built something amazing....we could have gotten the players we needed to handle business and turned our program into something. But alas, we didn't. And now it's too late and we are trying to play catch up when we can't even tread water.

These are all just my opinions of course. It's difficult to not be negative given what has transpired over the last 15 years. I will never be able to have a positive outlook for this program and athletic department, and the university as a whole, until McPhee is gone.

Last edited:
Even though 104.5 hardly ever brings up MT athletics unless there's either a huge upset or some controversy still nice to see a couple of their sports personalities there in Dawn & Kayla.

Coach was not made for press conferences. Could tell it felt like he would rather be experiencing a colonoscopy than struggle through this. No way could they have had a full 45-50 minute presser without the ladies from 104.5 filling in some lag time.

Stock's response at min 24 is very disheartening despite his optimism.

I was pretty close to the football staff and team circa 2005-2008. McCollum's last year and Stock's first three here to be precise.

Facilities were a concern from the moment we started getting stomped on the recruiting trail by Troy. We lost so many head to head recruiting battles with them because they had superior facilities and an NFL superstar in DeMarcus Ware. It was an easy sell to choose Troy over MT because of that. They had really nice, new facilities built by a sweetheart sponsor movie theatre company. Stockstill voiced these concerns as early as 2006, maybe 2007 at the latest (memory isn't totally clear when he first started bellyaching about our poor facilities and how it's costing us good players)

Here we are almost two decades later (and still havn't broke ground, pathetic) and we are finally getting those facilities that everyone surrounding the program has been asking for. We have very clearly needed these facilities for well over a decade. Predictably, McPhee finally saw the light and realized we had to have them.....15 years later and after getting passed by in crucial conference realignment. (will the facilities even matter or help now in the new pay to play environment?)

I am not saying new facilities will change the results. Look at the baseball team. But it damn sure gives you a better chance. You are going to get better players with nicer facilities. Probably not to the degree that you would have 10-20 years ago (I'll always believe we missed our window and it's too late for us now), but if a player is debating between two nearly equal schools and one has new/better facilities...which program do you think he will likely choose? In 2007, they chose Troy. 9 out of 10 times. New fancy facilities are going to get us a few guys in the future we would have lost out on previously.

I don't think it'll have any major impact on results/championships though. Too late for that. Again, maybe 10-20 years ago if we spent $60 million and built something amazing....we could have gotten the players we needed to handle business and turned our program into something. But alas, we didn't. And now it's too late and we are trying to play catch up when we can't even tread water.

These are all just my opinions of course. It's difficult to not be negative given what has transpired over the last 15 years. I will never be able to have a positive outlook for this program and athletic department, and the university as a whole, until McPhee is gone.
👆👆👆All legit comments and it all boils down to our leadership. 👆👆👆

100% agree that facilities will help. Will we suddenly become amazing with 5 stars, no. But I think it could help us go after more guys that have other FBS level offers rather than FCS. (And yes many FCS have as good as B12 etc facilities).

Glad to hear that construction is finally starting with fencing going up next week. 🙌

100% agree that facilities will help. Will we suddenly become amazing with 5 stars, no. But I think it could help us go after more guys that have other FBS level offers rather than FCS. (And yes many FCS have as good as B12 etc facilities).

Glad to hear that construction is finally starting with fencing going up next week. 🙌
A construction cam would be nice, that allows people to watch and might help create a bit of excitement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT