ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL How good of a QB is Chase Cunningham?

TrueBlue147

All Conference
Mar 19, 2008
Where would you rank Chase compared to previous QBs in the last decade or so? Thus far, he has been really impressive. Throws the ball well and appears faster than O'Hara to me. Not as shifty but straight line faster.

A lot more to come on him but right now somewhere around Austin Grammar?

A lot more to come on him but right now somewhere around Austin Grammar?

He is infinitely more accurate than Austin Grammar. Chase is very accurate and throws with great anticipation. Besides Brent I can't think of another QB with as talented of an arm as Chase in terms of accuracy and anticipation. And it's important to understand that Chase still has room to grow he really hasn't had a lot of starts under his belt. He's going to get even better.

Chase is a really good college QB. If he was 3 inches taller and a little bigger he would have had multiple D1 offers. I've always thought Chase is a good QB. In previous seasons he was always put in impossible situations. Now he's finally get a fair shot. I thought Chase could beat out Hockman this summer because he just looked better in my eyes, and I made a post on this forum saying as much. Chase looked like the better man in the summer, and he's obviously played better than Hockman in the fall too. Our weak staff just didn't have the stones to play the better man until they had no choice.

He will be our starting QB again next year granted nothing unforeseen happens. He is good enough to win a title with if we can get a running game and defense keeps playing well. It is such a shame we are at 2 losses in conference play. We could have challenged this year with Chase. Oh well.

As always, maybe next year

He has one of the better QBR's in our league playing behind one of the worst OL in the country. I think you have to give him a little more credit than serviceable.

He obviously won't play well at Liberty but that's going to be because our OL can't block or protect.... but we will see what happens in rest of conference play. I think he will have good games throughout the rest of our conference slate except maybe @FAU. All things considered he has played about as well as anyone could.

I have a ton of respect for him to walk-on and "know his role" as a chronic back up. He has always been taken for granted by this coaching staff despite being a heck of a player. He was better than Bailey in every way but still didn't get the nod because he didn't have 4 stars coming out of high school. Our staff has no choice but to play him now and look at what he's done for us. 10 TD's, 1 INT, 65% completion percentage + great scrambling ability and a real threat to run. What else do you want from him?

He forces teams to respect the QB run which cannot be overstated how important that is to keep a defense honest with the type of system we are running. They cannot sell out on a run blitz or ignore his scrambling ability in drop back situations. The only thing he doesn't have is size which really doesn't matter at the QB position in G5 football. You can be a successful QB at this level without being 6'2 220lbs.

Hockman got us 4 TD's in 2.5 games and Chase has gotten us 10 TD's in 2.5 games with 1 pick. I thought Hockman would come in here and light it up since he had P5 experience but man, was I wrong about him.

However, I've always wanted Chase to play since 2019 when he stepped up for Asher in the UNT game and threw back to back TD's to get us back into that game. What he did in that game cold off the bench was more than impressive and it's something that stars can't measure. He has a 5 star heart and drive. For him to stick it out as a walk on when other dudes are hitting the portal whenever they get offended shows character. Now we are seeing that he should have started all along and that our coaches really don't know what they're doing. I wish we had Mobley in that Charlotte game.

Some coach should be fired over this debacle. Of course nothing but mediocrity will occur with the coaches.

Chase performs better in a glaring way. How could they have missed and not have him starting earlier? Just like every thing else with MTSU, clueless.

Reactions: Brew_Raider
Im excited about him for sure. Pretty early to tell, but I was thinking Kilgore when I saw him. When Mizzou comes to town next year...could be awesome.

Here is a great lesson for kids. The 4 star kids transfers out everywhere at the drop of a hat. When it get uncomfortable he folds up like a cheap tent, and nobody calls him on it. Takes the easy way out. QB2 walks on, practicing and probably running a ton of scout team, get the occasional atta boy from the staff and guts it out. Sometimes things as simple as college football mimic life….. Congrats to the kid that stuck it out. I would be money he will be successful at life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT