Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
FAU lost to Miami tonight 76-56, South Alabama lost at home to Samford 76-69

SATURDAY 12.17.16

WKU @ Detroit 1 p.m. TV:ESPN3

Radford @ UNCW 1 p.m.

Florida @ Charlotte 3:30 p.m. Live Video Live Audio TV:FS2

Murray State @ South Dakota State 4 p.m.

Northern Illinois @ FIU 6 p.m. Live Video

Rice @ Pittsburgh 6 p.m. TV:ACCN Extra

Middle Tennessee @ VCU 6 p.m. TV:ASN

SE LA @ Toledo 6 p.m.

North Texas @ Sam Houston State 6:30 p.m.

Marshall @ Akron 6:30 p.m. Akron, OH

Grambling State @ Louisiana Tech 7 p.m.

Evansville @ Austin Peay 7 p.m.

UTChattanooga @ Vandy 7:30 p.m. TV: SECN

Northern Arizona @ UTEP 8 p.m. Live Video

Belmont @ Green Bay - POSTPONED

SUNDAY 12.18.16

Georgia State @ Old Dominion 1 p.m. Live Video

UTSA @ Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 2 p.m.

Southern @ UAB 4 p.m. Live Video

Last edited:
Conference USA working really hard to be the worst conference in America. Good god dude. Every single team lost except La. Tech who beat one of the worst teams in the country in Grambling.

WKU lost to a 1-9 Detroit Mercy team who's only other win was against an NAIA school. This was Detroit Mercy's first Division 1 win of the year....

Sad.

One bid league FOR SURE. We better not slip in the tournament.

C-USA basketball is truly pathetic this year. Awful timing per MT's perspective. What has happened to teams that are normally pretty good to great i.e. WKU, UAB, ODU? Rice is about the only other team performing decently. Teams such as Marshall, Charlotte, and LaTech seem to be coming up short in winnable ooc games. Then for a real head scratcher, FAU beats Ohio St last week?!

I posted in another thread sometime a month or so ago that C-USA leadership needs to ask programs like FAU & FIU if they really even want to be in C-USA. It seems their moves in head coaching suggests they want to compete in C-USA, at least in football. I'd like know if they are committed to basketball?

The conf commish really needs to do something about C-USA bball immediately. I don't know if it's a freak downturn. Horrible scheduling? Whatever the case, it is unacceptable. I might also add that the conference commish is not exactly impressing me to this point.

Really about the biggest priority at this point for the Blue Raiders, get ready for the Ga State game! Don't want to see the big VCU game resulting in MT losing twice because of that game. While us fans can be distracted with the season's implications of such a big game, hopefully Kermit has the team focused on getting a win vs Ga State. I think it would really help the team to go into the holidays on a winning note after the tough road loss at VCU. That way, the Blue Raiders will be in good shape to start the conference season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT