ADVERTISEMENT

Game three of the young season tonight and . . .

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
. . . it appears no one on this board cares even a little about the LRs. No talk about either of the first two games or the game against Arkansas tonight. Guess all the LR fans are over at the other site, not that that is necessarily such a bad thing.

Merging the boards to where men's sports are one page and women's are on a different page basically killed all women's sports talk. I think it has brought more dialogue to the men's side but I think you, Space, and I are the only ones who check this board out.

Hoping for a win out of the women tonight. Won't be able to make it but will be listening on the radio. Very glad to see they beat Miami (FL) a few days ago. Not a big fan of that school or the city as a whole.

I check the ladies board several times per week, just don't have anything to post. I did go to the game last night. We played terrible the first half. We were no where near the basket on most shots and were only down like 10-12 at the half. Closed it 3 late in the second half, which I could not believe. We should have run out of the building, but Arkansas is not very good. They were taller and athletic and #00 could not miss from 3 point land. The ladies did play much better in the second half, but were unable to get any stops after we would make a run a tthem. Good learning experience for the Lady Raiders. Cason played very little. Petty played most of the game at point. Reuter is going to be good. Holding her own now as a Freshman, but will be a stud next year. Warden played well. Olivia had a rough night. Tough shots and she got beat up all night long. You could tell she was frustrated with the refs the entire night.

If China and Oliva could hit a dang free throw we would have won. 50% from the line when we struggle to score is not good. I miss the days when we pressed full-court and ran at break neck speed. We don't have the horses to do that but just wondering why CRI does not recruit to that system. Think we will win a lot in CUSA but don't really expect to win the conference unless a lot of improvement happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT