SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
so says former Tennessean sports writer Larry Woody:

Game at MT a major gamble for Vanderbilt

excerpt:

...A win over MTSU will momentarily salve, but not solve, Vandy's problems because a victory will fall in the ho-hum category for most of the Vanderbilt fan base. If the Commodores lose its a calamity, and if they win it's hardly a start-the-parade occasion.....

I hope they enjoy the calamity of it all then. What a delusional fan base. They won 3 games last year. None of those games were SEC wins. They have no reason to snob or look down on us yet they still do. I hope we unload on them like we did at GT in 2012.

I do suppose we need to give some credit to Vandy for actually scheduling a trip to Floyd. And not buying it out.

They look at this game the same way we do for an FBS school. How many of our seasons started with an FCS loss (or a loss to a team we should have beaten) and never recovered from a fan perspective - I know McNeese State was a good FCS team (a good team at any level), yet, that loss effectively killed any sort of positivity, momentum or good feelings for the rest of the year, IMHO.

But guys, this is their problem: they assume that the natural order of events is that they should beat us, because of who they are and what conference ($EC) they belong to. Total hogwash. This is typical "nose in the air," "we're really too good to even bother to play you" mentality from the snobbish elites on West End I love to refer to as "Vanderprick." This mentality was parroted by former liberal-rag Tennessean sportswriter Woody.

BTW, how'd things work out for ya the last three times you guys played us? Hmmmmmmmm????

(I'm sure this post will appear at some point on their pathetic little message board. Go ahead and post it, Vanderprick. Losers like you guys have to have something to fill your days with....)

But guys, this is their problem: they assume that the natural order of events is that they should beat us, because of who they are and what conference ($EC) they belong to. Total hogwash. This is typical "nose in the air," "we're really too good to even bother to play you" mentality from the snobbish elites on West End I love to refer to as "Vanderprick." This mentality was parroted by former liberal-rag Tennessean sportswriter Woody.

BTW, how'd things work out for ya the last three times you guys played us? Hmmmmmmmm????

(I'm sure this post will appear at some point on their pathetic little message board. Go ahead and post it, Vanderprick. Losers like you guys have to have something to fill your days with....)
But James Franklin turned their program around and made them a national power! Don't you remember?

Reactions: bigbadjohn45
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT