ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB First Practice

Should be a great glimpse into this year... I've been loving the practice clips that Matt has been posting on Twitter.

I think fans will like what they see. I was impressed with what I saw when I went by Murphy center and they were working out. Wish the opening game was tomorrow. This team is gonna be really good!

I think fans will like what they see. I was impressed with what I saw when I went by Murphy center and they were working out. Wish the opening game was tomorrow. This team is gonna be really good!
I would love to hear thoughts from people who attended today.

Despite Rashika White being out with a pretty serious knee injury, we looked great. With 6-4 Eternati Willock and 6-3 Shakyna Payne, we will still have a strong presence in the post. The Hayes sisters were cat quick and did a great job shooting and handling the ball. Taylor Sutton and Anna Jones are both stronger and look good. The Whittington twins look to be improved as they shot some great 3's and one of the twins had a great move towards the basket. I can't remember which. Rellah Booth was not dressed out as she is still recovering from a knee energy. She is big and strong. If she has quickness, she will be a great addition to the post. She will hopefully be coming in after November or early in the year. Charity Savage looked strong last year, but was a little slower. I think she has slimmed down and regained her quickness to the basket. To keep the good news coming, the freshman look good also. Taylor Lewis, Kiya Turner and especially Courtney Whitson looked good. Courtney Whitson has some moves around the basket that are "Alysha Clark - like", but most of all she watches defense and rebounds like a fiend. She will start some this year and maybe a lot.

Ra'shika is a pretty big loss, but we are still at least 2 deep at every position. Coach Insell's biggest problem will be keeping everyone happy with the number of shots they get and keeping everyone happy with playing time as it gets closer to the conference season. There is a wealth of talent. He just has to mold them into a cohesive team and keep them happy.

I got to meet most of them this afternoon. Besides being obviously talented, they were all nice young ladies, which will help in playing in Coach Insell's type of team.

Great report. Thank you. I wonder when Ra'Shika will be back. I know Rellah said on the livestream she hopes to be back at speed for conference play, but I'm sure she is itching to get out there before that.

Rellah did say she hoped to be back in November sometime, but that is probably optimistic. They will probably be careful with her. With Ra'shika I am not positive, but I think she has an ACL tear with an MCL sprain.

Rellah did say she hoped to be back in November sometime, but that is probably optimistic. They will probably be careful with her. With Ra'shika I am not positive, but I think she has an ACL tear with an MCL sprain.
Is it possible for her to take a medical redshirt if necessary? Worst case scenario, but I wouldn’t want her to lose a year if she doesn’t want to.

I would hope she could do that. It seems like you could without question, but where the NCAA is concerned - who knows?

You would think so. Though, since she redshirted last year due to transfer, I’m not sure of the rules. Sounds like what Brent Stockstill did though? Maybe? But hope she recovers quicker than any of us expect and it’s a moot point!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT