ADVERTISEMENT

Facilities Mega Thread

Was in the mid 90's Dr Walker felt MT needed a new mascot/logo to bring us into the 21st century. He proposed a committee of involved students to bring about change for a new future school mascot.
He was a great proponent for Middle Tennessee, but not sure if the committee understood exactly what we needed or what he wanted.
Boots had it right all along. Simplicity is best. Wish he had just stuck with his traditional tiered MT helmet logo for everything.
The field with slanted MT centered within the state monogram would have been perfect. Also IMO probably drop the I am True Blue Blue from the sideline. No need for too much graphics.
Always go with the moniker a professor at MT taught me years ago. He said when all else fails to remember the motto "KISS". Keep It Simple Stupid.

I’m no expert but I do know this should be a significant upgrade. Life should be in the neighborhood of 10 years.

10 years doesn't seem like long at all...

what is it $2 million for the field? So 200k per year?

10 years doesn't seem like long at all...

what is it $2 million for the field? So 200k per year?

We were talking about this last week for the local high school. I thought it was more like 1 and a quarter mil.
The guy was also saying it has to be 'concussion tested' before each different season. Although I would assume
this field is never used for things like soccer(?).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT