ADVERTISEMENT

Facilities Mega Thread

For some reason I totally thought the clubhouse was going to face MT Blvd and not Greenland. IDK why I thought that though looking back at previous pics when pouring the pad.

Attempted to Google some finalized artists renderings of the outdoor tennis facility when finished. All I could find was basically an overhead schematic blueprint. Is there a video presentation of the expected finalized tennis courts similar to the Build Blue Sports plaza & football facilties video?

Reactions: MTFAN61
Video boards are long overdue for both the Murphy and Floyd.

I was almost thinking the sky boxes had been deleted from the renovation plan.

What is the plan when they take out the track? Reducing bleachers? New bleachers? New type of seating?

What is the plan when they take out the track? Reducing bleachers? New bleachers? New type of seating?
Good question. This could be totally incorrect now, but my original understanding was that the plan was for all bleachers to be removed. Then a combination of seats similar to the lower bowl were to be added in conjunction with a number of private boxes where the bleachers currently stand.
Thought I read that anticipated seating would likely be reduced from a total capacity of 11,500 to approximately 9,000 seats. That was from some time ago, & honestly can't remember the date. If this still is correct, & done well I wouldn't mind the drop in seating capacity. Schools such as VCU have a great home venue with only 7,500 seats.

If this comes to fruition, this will enhance the game day experience immensely.

We’ve come a long way in our D-1 days since the lightbright video board and dancing football.

It's a major improvement that was needed years ago.

I still think though they should take out that whole endzone and make it covered tiered decking for the beer garden with new covered box suites on top of it.

Reactions: crposton
I saw CCU upped the cost of the IPF from 15 to 20 million. That’s likely to happen to us too.

It's a major improvement that was needed years ago.

I still think though they should take out that whole endzone and make it covered tiered decking for the beer garden with new covered box suites on top of it.
That is what Colorado State did. Of course it was with money donated by New Belgium Brewery.

That is what Colorado State did. Of course it was with money donated by New Belgium Brewery.
I hadn't seen that. Something similar is what we need. I've noticed for every game the field level garden has a decent crowd, then the endzone seats are empty. You can partly avoid empty sideline seats on TV. Hard to ignore endzone. Not like we'd hurt losing some seating anyway.

A field level, then about where the field wall is now a 2nd level, then back about 20-30ft a 3rd. Which each level a bit open, a bit covered. Then enclosed box seats on top. Our open boxes in the visitors side are nice, but I'd like to see some about the same size with windows that open.

I just need to win the lottery and become our T Boone Pickens.

I hadn't seen that. Something similar is what we need. I've noticed for every game the field level garden has a decent crowd, then the endzone seats are empty. You can partly avoid empty sideline seats on TV. Hard to ignore endzone. Not like we'd hurt losing some seating anyway.

A field level, then about where the field wall is now a 2nd level, then back about 20-30ft a 3rd. Which each level a bit open, a bit covered. Then enclosed box seats on top. Our open boxes in the visitors side are nice, but I'd like to see some about the same size with windows that open.

I just need to win the lottery and become our T Boone Pickens.
Liberty did something similar to what you’re talking about. Obviously they aren’t doing a beer garden but I think it is a cool idea. We spend most of our time down there and the front row gets crowded. It would be nice if there were levels

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Yeah, I usually pre-game in the beer garden, then go find a seat off by myself near game time as the beer garden starts to fill up with tailgaters arriving at/after kickoff. I would be fore a tiered bar-type section

So, is it safe to assume that ATC will be used only for inclement weather days? ATC will be on reserve and not used on matches on campus?

So they have $15m of $60m. A quarter of what is needed. Holy snot it'll be another 5yrs before this gets started which means at least another decade before the IPF.

Come on CDM! Win some games and bring the $ in. And oh, about that men's sport that plays in the Murph........

So they have $15m of $60m. A quarter of what is needed. Holy snot it'll be another 5yrs before this gets started which means at least another decade before the IPF.

Come on CDM! Win some games and bring the $ in. And oh, about that men's sport that plays in the Murph........
I know that came out recently but when I was reading that, the numbers seemed off as if they were from an old article and just regurgitated for clicks. Maybe I am remembering things differently but the sixty million for the Murphy Center renovations seemed way off,

A few quick thoughts :

1) I don’t think you need the full $60 million to get started. As an example, it’s not going to take $60 million to convert the FB locker rooms for MBB. But they gotta wait until FB is out of MC completely for some of these things.

2) I think they are in a better situation than the article gives them credit for. IIRC, they’ve raised $20 million toward Phase 2 (that’s in a GBR article in the last year). Plus, they can “bond“ against the remaining amount if they choose to.

It wouldn’t shock me if some of they took a bond out against some of the “suite” revenue.

I don’t want to discredit the Rutherford Source, but I think MT is in a MUCH better situation. And I think you’ll see some movement on MC work sooner rather than later (5 years down the road).

I do want to say that if you've been to murphy center lately, they have dug some holes in around the concourse in the grass, and they have marked stuff on the pavement around there as well. So they are working on something, but i haven't gotten to the bottom of what exactly they are doing though.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I do want to say that if you've been to murphy center lately, they have dug some holes in around the concourse in the grass, and they have marked stuff on the pavement around there as well. So they are working on something, but i haven't gotten to the bottom of what exactly they are doing though.
Those marks on the pavement are where they're going to erect statues of Stockstill and McDevitt.

• Wow
Reactions: MTTim and Hop45
They didn't mention it specifically in the article but I assume they are getting rid of the hideous track and bleachers during this renovation correct?

I was in Jonesboro last weekend visiting friends. Every time I drove past ASUs new IPF I was reminded how far we are behind and how far we will still be behind when we are done with the current projects.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT