ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB CUSA Tourney Semi-finals: Middle Tennessee (26-4, 18-2) vs UT-El Paso (20-10, 12-8), ESPN+, 4:30PM, Friday, March 10, 2023

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Founded: 1913
Enrollment: 24,003
Colors: Blue, Orange & Silver Nickname: Miners
Series: MTSU leads 10-3
Facility: Don Haskins Center
Head Coach: Kevin Baker
Record at UTEP: 73-73 (5) Overall: 195-103 (10) 2021-22 Record: 14-15 2022 Postseason: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 2/3 Letterwinners R/L: 7/6

Radio: WGNS 100.5 FM, 101.9 FM; 1450-AM
Talent: Dick Palmer (pxp) Duane Hickey (color)

TV: ESPN+
Talent: Chris Mycoskie (pxp) Kyle Youmans (analyst)

Last edited:
I think Savannah staying out of foul trouble will be a focus. On a lot of those kick-outs from Ksenia being double-teamed a lot would have went to Savanah. If she is hot that will make them pay for the double-teams.

Neither Gregory or Malashka had their normal offensive games yesterday. Hopefully they're more settled & get their rhythm back today. If they both do that, & Wheeler maintains yesterday's momentum I feel pretty good about today's game.

That's the kind of first quarter we want. 18-12! Keep it up. Malashka on fire early.

That's the kind of first quarter we want. 18-12! Keep it up. Malashka on fire early.
Yes, keep it up and get the 3 ball going. None in the first quarter. Sadly, Wheeler with a terrible foul at the end of the quarter, giving her two. 80 feet from the basket with seconds to go and she reached in. Hope that doesn't come back to haunt us.

Yes, keep it up and get the 3 ball going. None in the first quarter. Sadly, Wheeler with a terrible foul at the end of the quarter, giving her two. 80 feet from the basket with seconds to go and she reached in. Hope that doesn't come back to haunt us.
We are on fire again though. 25-14 early in the 2nd!

Reactions: MTFAN61
#1 goal today, keep up steady effort & not to give up double digit leads as happened a few times in the past

What the heck was that? Four Middle starters with 2 + fouls. Courtney claps her hands and gets a tech. Alexis drives, stops and pops while not touching the UTEP girl who falls backwards and draws the charge. Ugg.......Even up the foul / free throw discrepancy and we are blowing them out.

Both ESPN announcers shaming the announcers - AGAIN - for a missed call when they call Blakely for a foul when she blocked a UTEP layup.

Insell hasn't called a single timeout all game. That is literally unacceptable. Also Whittington NEEDS TO STOP FADING AWAY FROM EVERY SINGLE SHOT. Try to rebound especially if it's an obvious miss!

This game has had the most charges called I've seen in ages. We HAVE TO STOP charging out of control into them, like come on

Whitson and Gregory take control and refuse to lose! Love their leadership. You knew it was bad when the announcers started mentioning the FT discrepancy, but we overcame. Bag it, tag it and moving on. Really hoping UTSA pulls the upset. WKU is solid but that UTSA game would give us more motivation I think.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Whitson and Gregory take control and refuse to lose! Love their leadership. You knew it was bad when the announcers started mentioning the FT discrepancy, but we overcame. Bag it, tag it and moving on. Really hoping UTSA pulls the upset. WKU is solid but that UTSA game would give us more motivation I think.
That matchup is ideal for us - our biggest rival and the team we have a grudge against with extra motivation after they beat us!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT