ADVERTISEMENT

SOFTBALL CUSA tournament

BlueRaider95

All Conference
Dec 2, 2006
MT playing UNT right now on youtube. Appears we have 20-30 fans there, not too bad. Tied 0-0 T3.

Dc1zunJXcAU3YvR.jpg

From the looks of the bracket, this is a double elimination tournament?

The first day was single elimination, thus when we beat North Texas and then FIU on the first day, they were gone. Yesterday and the rest of the tourney is double elimination.

If we win this first game today, then we advance to the Championship game tomorrow. If we lose, we play the last game of today (losers bracket) and if we lose that we're done, if we win the game then we are in the Championship game

Last edited:
We win which puts us in the championship game, but:

From the looks of the bracket this is not true double elimination if the team coming out of the losers bracket only has to beat us in the championship game leaving both teams with one loss and IMHO not a true championship which would leave all teams except the champion with two losses. The team coming out of the loser bracket should have to beat the winners bracket team twice to claim the championship.

I realize this format is done for TV, but still it s--ks.

Reactions: BlueRaider95
We win which puts us in the championship game, but:

From the looks of the bracket this is not true double elimination if the team coming out of the losers bracket only has to beat us in the championship game leaving both teams with one loss and IMHO not a true championship which would leave all teams except the champion with two losses. The team coming out of the loser bracket should have to beat the winners bracket team twice to claim the championship.

I realize this format is done for TV, but still it s--ks.

I think you're right. Seems like I recall the baseball tourney championship game is that way, but its been so long since we were in conference baseball tourney I could be mis-remembering.

Considering where the program was 4 years ago, it's got to feel amazing for Breeden and the seniors to win this tourney.

They lose 7 seniors off this team so next season may not be as successful but I'm sure recruiting will get a boost.

Considering where the program was 4 years ago, it's got to feel amazing for Breeden and the seniors to win this tourney.

They lose 7 seniors off this team so next season may not be as successful but I'm sure recruiting will get a boost.

The program had been bad for so long - the one MT program that was an embarrassment from a severe lack of on the field achievement, and I was seriously beginning to think that Breeden was going to be unable to change things. Glad they turned things around.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
And unfortunately now mens baseball has become the embarrassment.

yep.

Yesterday after I left the baseball stadium, I was trying to think which MT program now has gone the longest without a conference championship (uncontested) or a NCAA appearance. Not sure if baseball is the longest for futility, but it is up there, given the program's slow decline under Peterson and now McGuire...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT