ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL CUSA Semi-finals: Middle Tennessee (19-13, 11-9) vs FAU (29-3, 18-2), CBSSN, 11:30, Friday, March 10, 2023

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Enrollment: 30,377
Arena: FAU Arena (2,980)
Colors: Blue & Red Nickname: Owls
Head Coach: Dusty May
Record at School: 66-56 (5th Season) Career Record: 66-56 ( 5th Season)
2021-22 Record: 19-15, 11-7 2021-22 Finish: 3rd C-USA East 2021-22 Postseason: CBI First Round
Starters R/L: 4/1 Letterwinners R/L: 9/2

For CUSA to be a two bid league, and get more units meaning more money, we need FAU to lose as they are in no matter what.

I won't fuss in the least if they lose today instead of tomorrow.

This is a really unique team to me. While I wouldn't trust this MT team to win a true away game against a team with a 1-25 record, they have been very competitive against decent teams at neutral sites. Could they or should they lose by 15-20 against FAU? Sure & there is no doubt FAU is more than just a decent team, but for some reason I'm not betting against what the guys are capable of doing today. They won a game here last year, & played an amazing game against UAB. Now they picked up a game without theoretically their best player yesterday. The mental aspect is huge with this team. As long as we feel we're playing at an unimposing neutral site MT appears mentally fairly comfortable. If Eli is back today & in relatively decent health, I wouldn't be surprised we'll see a game go down to the wire again. We are one of the few teams that can stack up athletically with FAU, & taking their home court component away improves our opportunities via the mental factor. Guess we'll know how things turn out in a few hours. Good luck Raiders!

Up to +10.5 on MGM.

Not a surprise the public money is fading us. I took the +400 ML. Go big or go home. Let's do this.

The Blue Raider contingent in Frisco looked pretty strong yesterday. We beat FAU once with our faithful in attendance. We can do it again.

Kyle Turnham on radio said he wouldn't be surprised if Eli didn't see some court time. Lawrence is "available" and McDevitt was quoted that Lawrence wants to go in early.

Fouls fouls and more fouls. Have to have time to set up our offense too. We are shooting 25%. Eeek.

Thats the ball game. We're shooting terribly (as usual) and fouling with bad defense.

Game probably decided after that 1st minute. Lenard may not be a huge scorer, but his athletic presence too important for such dumb reactions in a game of this magnitude.

MT vs FAU 1st half

3pt 0% vs 40%
FG 29% vs 57%

FAU also has 16 defensive rebounds. So we miss the shots and give them the ball back. But their 4 made 3pts is the difference right now.

Winnable but some adjustments need made.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT