ADVERTISEMENT

CRUZ: Conservatives’ Victory Tonight Has Left the Washington Cartel Utterly Terrified

bigbadjohn45

All American
Jul 9, 2010
Cruz delivers New Hampshire election night remarks

HOLLIS, NH – Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz today addressed the people of the Granite State and conservatives across the country after a strong finish in the New Hampshire primary. Excerpts of his remarks included below:

“Together, we have done what the pundits and the media said could not be done, what the Washington establishment desperately hoped would not be done.

“The real winner – the real winner – is the conservative grassroots. Who propelled us to an outright victory in Iowa and to a far stronger result and outcome in New Hampshire than anyone predicted….

“Thank you New Hampshire, for tonight’s result, your victory tonight has left the Washington Cartel utterly terrified.

“And so now on to South Carolina, on to Nevada, on to Super Tuesday. We’ve put Washington on the run, and tonight’s outcome is a victory for ‘we the people.’ And this election, this primary and this general election in November 2016, will be a victory for the hardworking men and women who want to believe again in the promise of America against the bipartisan corruption of Washington, which mark my words will end on January 20, 2017.”

BBJ, below is why I predicted Cruz will win Iowa and South Carolina but lose New Hampshire. We will see if I'm right about South Carolina.

% of GOP voters who say they’re “very conservative” and “evangelical”
• Iowa: 40%, 62%
• NH: 27%, 25%
• SC: 36%, 65%

Last edited:
Reactions: bigbadjohn45
BBJ, below is why I predicted Cruz will win Iowa and South Carolina but lose New Hampshire. We will see if I'm right about South Carolina.

% of GOP voters who say they’re “very conservative” and “evangelical”
• Iowa: 40%, 62%
• NH: 27%, 25%
• SC: 36%, 65%

Let's hope you're right, brother! Go Ted, GO!!!!!

BBJ, below is a post from one of my Facebook friends. Like you and I, she is an ardent Cruz supporter who loves God and is frightened by the prospect of a Trump presidency.

"I cried this morning. I went to my knees begging again for God’s mercy on OUR COUNTRY. It was brought to my attention trump is ahead 16% in SC, and the only one capable of beating trump is CRUZ. If the others do not drop from the race, we will have a trump and sanders nominee in November.

In God’s Word (Bible) we are told, there comes a time when God gives up on mankind---when HE stops preventing man’s sinful actions and releases him to go and to “do his own thing”. Three times in Romans 1:24-32 it is written “God gave them over”. What does this mean? It means, instead of God (Holy Spirit) working to restrain us (man) from engaging in sin and unrighteousness, God allows men to engage in their ways to the utmost!

While trump is calling CRUZ vile names…i.e. the “P” word and lying about expanding common core and blaming jeb bush...CRUZ is acknowledging the sailors being exposed in tears in front of the whole world by Iran. CRUZ is on national news suffering with these sailors, promising if he is President “THIS will never happen again”…CRUZ anguishes over a N. Korean satellite flying over the Superbowl stadium and the possibility of the next one can very well be nuclear and if detonated can destroy thousands and thousands of Americans.

Do any of these people who are worshiping trump, following him like sheep to the slaughter care??? If I had my guess…they don’t even know, let alone care! They are all too busy talking about beyonce or how rich trump is…they are so lost in trump’s rhetoric they believe he is god and will make this country great again.

One way leads to the wrath and judgment of God, and the other leads to the approval and acceptance of God. Please pray with me! May God forgive the soul of the United States of America? Bless this nation with a leader who pursues his own salvation and the salvation of it’s people!!

And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; 32 and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them. (Romans 1:28-32)."

12734148_1183689321658364_6385076640027680171_n.jpg

BBJ, when I heard Trump tell people in South Carolina, "Common Core we're going to keep," I immediately thought the majority of South Carolinians don't support Common Core and this could hurt him. But as the article points out (click link below), Trump will change his tune between now and February 20th because if there is one thing consistent about Donald Trump, it’s his complete lack of consistency.

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/02/10/donald-trump-going-keep-common-core/

BBJ, when I heard Trump tell people in South Carolina, "Common Core we're going to keep," I immediately thought the majority of South Carolinians don't support Common Core and this could hurt him. But as the article points out (click link below), Trump will change his tune between now and February 20th because if there is one thing consistent about Donald Trump, it’s his complete lack of consistency.

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/02/10/donald-trump-going-keep-common-core/

Exactly. Trump reminds me a lot of Slick Willie. He panders to whichever audience he's in front of! :D

In focus group aired on Morning Joe that surely horrified Joe Scarborough, Ted Cruz was almost unanimously lauded by the voters in South Carolina, while they gasped at the cursing of the Trumpinator.

Interestingly, while they doubted the many professions to faith that the Trumpinator gave, they still thought he would win, even though they nearly all said they would choose Cruz over Trump in a head-to-head contest. So it looks like Cruz definitely has some room to maneuver into, if he can bang the Bible and convince them they want a “consistent constitutional conservative.” But if Trump is able to get them to yell, “damn Mexicans!!” then he’ll win.

http://therightscoop.com/south-caro...ieve-his-professions-of-faith-loves-ted-cruz/

BBJ, John Wesley, the founder of the Methodist Church, said, "“God will do nothing on earth except in answer to believing prayer.”

Let's keep believing in the power of prayer!

The 2016 presidential race has shifted to South Carolina and after Trump’s big win in New Hampshire many are expecting him to win big again in the Palmetto State.

But not so fast, the Weekly Standard’s Bill Kristol was told by a reputable pollster that Trump’s victory isn’t a foregone conclusion and that Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio aren’t as far back as people might think.

From Right Scoop via Weekly Standard:

Here’s what the pollster found:

Trump 32

Cruz 26

Rubio 20

Bush 10

Carson 7

Kasich 2

Take it with the usual grains of salt, but I do trust these were the actual results of an honest and competent pollster doing his best to get an accurate read on the situation.

While this poll is not official it definitely suggests that Ted Cruz is within striking distance of Donald Trump and with about 10 days to go which includes one debate on Saturday, a lot can happen.

This is significant news for the Cruz campaign who have proven so far they are the only team that can beat Trump.

We have to be a little careful since the polls have been notoriously unreliable in recent years.

Remember Matt Bevin in Kentucky?

However, the narrative that Donald Trump is going to run away with South Carolina like he did in New Hampshire might be starting to fall apart.

http://www.youngcons.com/poll-revea...g-distance-of-donald-trump-in-south-carolina/

The 2016 presidential race has shifted to South Carolina and after Trump’s big win in New Hampshire many are expecting him to win big again in the Palmetto State.

But not so fast, the Weekly Standard’s Bill Kristol was told by a reputable pollster that Trump’s victory isn’t a foregone conclusion and that Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio aren’t as far back as people might think.

From Right Scoop via Weekly Standard:

Here’s what the pollster found:

Trump 32

Cruz 26

Rubio 20

Bush 10

Carson 7

Kasich 2

Take it with the usual grains of salt, but I do trust these were the actual results of an honest and competent pollster doing his best to get an accurate read on the situation.

While this poll is not official it definitely suggests that Ted Cruz is within striking distance of Donald Trump and with about 10 days to go which includes one debate on Saturday, a lot can happen.

This is significant news for the Cruz campaign who have proven so far they are the only team that can beat Trump.

We have to be a little careful since the polls have been notoriously unreliable in recent years.

Remember Matt Bevin in Kentucky?

However, the narrative that Donald Trump is going to run away with South Carolina like he did in New Hampshire might be starting to fall apart.

http://www.youngcons.com/poll-revea...g-distance-of-donald-trump-in-south-carolina/

Flash, don't forget the tremendous ground game Team Cruz has I place in SC that is over 10,000 strong.... ;)

You guys are misreading Trumps support. People are sick and tired of both R's and D's. They want something different. Trump also is bringing in a lot of new voters. He is not the enemy. Again, I am a Cruz supporter but these demonizing inside the party will not end well for the R's.

Mike, Trump may not be "the enemy" but he certainly is not a friend to conservatism (see below).

Donald Trump has now made clear that the thrust of his campaign will not be conservatism. It will instead be populism and nationalism.
For those looking for a governing philosophy of The Donald, his checkered political history has provided little guidance. He’s seemingly endorsed single-payer healthcare; he’s said he rejects Obamacare. He’s blasted money in politics; he’s talked about the necessity for government use of eminent domain to help private parties. He’s ripped overregulation of capitalistic enterprises; he’s talked about tariffs on foreign goods. Trump isn’t conservative, and he never was.

Senator

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)

97%

, Trump’s chief challenger in the next primary state of South Carolina, is utilizing that lack of coherent conservatism as a club against Trump. His latest ad blitz features a small boy holding a Trump action figure, shouting, “Look, I got the Trump action figure! He pretends to be a Republican!” He then uses the action figure to brag about giving money to Democrats and engaging in eminent domain.

Trump won’t be able to trump Cruz on conservatism. So now he’s making clear that he isn’t running a conservative campaign – he’s running a nationalist and populist campaign. His enemies include both Republicans and conservatives:

Remember, it was the Republican Party, with the help of Conservatives, that made so many promises to their base, BUT DIDN’T KEEP THEM! Hi DT

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 11, 2016

According to Trump, then, conservatives helped bamboozle the Republican base, along with the Republican establishment. So the establishment sucks – and so do conservatives.

Trump’s move here is calculated. He’s going to campaign as a post-ideological candidate. All he wants, as he said in his next tweet, is to “MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.” If that means bigger government, that means bigger government. If that means more interventionism in the economy, that means more interventionism in the economy. Trump believes he can restore American greatness in his personage – he can make terrific deals, he can “win” on behalf of America.

Many of his followers believe that, too.

@benshapiro @KenYounos You care more about a failed ideology than saving the country. Oh well – too bad. “Conservatism” failed for decades.

— Trumpservative (@conservinews) February 11, 2016

@benshapiro Wanting to make America great again is a conservative aspiration. Leftists hate America, American greatness is the original sin.

— Ken Younos (@KenYounos) February 11, 2016

@benshapiro concept eludes you doesn’t it?!?!?! has NOTHING TO DO with ideology but never mind what’s the use you’ll never comprehend

— Lee Hempfling (@LeeHempfling) February 11, 2016

@benshapiro Yes, Trump’s a nationalist who transcends left and right, and that’s why America needs him. **** conservatism.

— Nomanslander (@GhostCatHoarder) February 11, 2016

Trump stands up for America; Trump Hulk Smashes for you. He cares about America, and that’s enough – he wants to restore American greatness, and that’s enough. How will he do it? He just will. And he won’t be held back by any conservative vision of a small government nation founded on individual liberty. Sometimes he’ll do conservative things. Sometimes he won’t. But he’ll act with “common sense” and “do what needs to be done.”

None of this should be comforting for conservatives, but Trump doesn’t mean for it to be. He’s hoping that there are enough aphilosophic Americans to push him forward to victory.

He may be right.

Even if he is, that’s no victory for conservative principles. As Trump says, that’s not a priority.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presi...ks-trump-as-non-conservative-trump-admits-it/

http://tracking.truthfinder.com/?a=...ALnew1&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT