ADVERTISEMENT

CRS automatically receives contract extension

It's wrong and stupid. Terrible decisions being made by Massaro. How can you literally ask people to give to the BRAA when @$&) like this is going on?

I will agree that this is a pretty dumb extension. Really starting to question Massaro right now.

This is the contract that fended off ECU and Memphis. The time to question it was 5 years ago. I don't remember the complaining then. Some said they did. Perhaps they did but they must not have been very vocal because I just don't remember. I wish someone would do a FOIA request so we could see it because I have yet to see what the buy out or other outs are. All this handwringing could be over nothing if it's a 1-2 million dollar buy out. Reality is we don't know or at least not anybody l have talked to knows. Even it's a 3M buyout I don't see a lot of difference between that and a 3-4 yr deal that put us on the hook for the full amount. Hell, there may not be any buyout or outs but it would be nice to know either way.

I hate that we have got to the point that we assume the worst about people who have never shown anything but pride and dedication to the program. The stuff I read on the boards about CM being scared and taken advantage of or Stock being taught how milk the University, yada, yada, yada is disheartening considering how little we know about the details and the fact that his performance doesn't really warrant change. I say we worry about it when a change is actually necessary, hope it never is and not assume Stock is out to screw us or CM became bad at his job.

Reactions: MTTrueBlue
This is the contract that fended off ECU and Memphis. The time to question it was 5 years ago. I don't remember the complaining then. Some said they did. Perhaps they did but they must not have been very vocal because I just don't remember. I wish someone would do a FOIA request so we could see it because I have yet to see what the buy out or other outs are. All this handwringing could be over nothing if it's a 1-2 million dollar buy out. Reality is we don't know or at least not anybody l have talked to knows. Even it's a 3M buyout I don't see a lot of difference between that and a 3-4 yr deal that put us on the hook for the full amount. Hell, there may not be any buyout or outs but it would be nice to know either way.

I hate that we have got to the point that we assume the worst about people who have never shown anything but pride and dedication to the program. The stuff I read on the boards about CM being scared and taken advantage of or Stock being taught how milk the University, yada, yada, yada is disheartening considering how little we know about the details and the fact that his performance doesn't really warrant change. I say we worry about it when a change is actually necessary, hope it never is and not assume Stock is out to screw us or CM became bad at his job.
I haven't been able to find the contact for a FOIA at MT.

I don't think I have ever seen people assuming the worst about Rick Stockstill. In fact, I have yet to read anything negative about the man outside of coaching or who he is as a person on any board I have read. Pure and simple, you, me, Rick Stockstill, Chris Massaro, LeBron James, FaceBook, Myspace, Iphone, etc live in a what have you done for me lately society. Coaching, even more so. To question a contract that goes out that far is healthy and deserves scrutiny and understanding.

I do think it is time for a FOIA request just to be clear. Regardless of anything, it smells of cronyism.

I don't think we understood the contract 5 years ago and as soon as we did many of us questioned it and have now for at least 4 years. The issue is the constant adding on of additional years - this is insane.

I agree it's insane if there is no buyout. I just don't know if that's the case. I think I remember a dnj article saying they had a copy maybe they will print it and either justify or put to rest these concerns.

You guys wouldn't listen to me last summer. I told you the media spin that Chris and CRS put on this thing tying it to the COA was a load of manure. Southern Miss ended up paying $700,000 a year for 3 more years, after firing a guy for going 0-12 in his first season.

Just my humble opinion, but there shouldn't be any raises or extensions until the CUSA Championship is being played in Murfreesboro instead of Bowling Green, KY, Huntington, WV or Hattiesburg, MS. The two guys who will be running their respective sidelines this weekend are paid less than CRS. Brohm has a $1.2M buyout and Monken $400K. Memphis is looking hard at both and that job is a helluva lot more attractive now than it was when Stock was contacted about taking the dumpster fire that Tommy West left burning.

Brohm might stay one more season or might be gone next week. Monken will be gone next year if USM has a similar year. Instead of winning constantly, you win sporadically. A little here and a championship there but then you have to rebuild with new staff. ASU and NIU has been able to do it but the examples are very far in between.

Let's say we raised the money and bought him out which will never happen. How are we guaranteed that the guy replacing him would do better? West was mentioned in the comment above. Let's be clear about something right now. Stock accomplished a hell of a lot more than West did at Memphis. Fuente brought success there and bolted as soon as things got good. We were 2-1 over Fuente. You can make all of the excuses you want but bottom line, we beat his a$$ too. Memphis fans make me sick. They ragged the crap out of Fuente going into year 3. Most of the fan base wanted him fired and his seat was hot. Now you guys acted like you always loved him like he was born there. Such hypocritical B.S. Now he's gone before the last game was even finished. He was on I-40 headed to Blacksburg before the equipment staff could wash the team uniforms. What now?

We were 3-5 this year and could have folded. We didn't and guess what? Stock never abandoned those kids. He never gave up on them even when we did. So y'all can gripe all you want but that's the coach I want. He didn't leave after we won 10 games. He's incredibly loyal and we are still winning games. I don't get it.

Also, what if we bring in another good recruiting class and have a great year next year. Are you guys gonna say "well, let's give him another chance" or glad he's staying? Les Miles has the highest win percentage at LSU and because his AD, boosters and fans acted like idiots, his #1 recruiting class is ruined and he has to stay in a crappy work environment. What results will they get now?

Nebraska fired their coach for winning 9 games and look what happened. UGA is going to regret firing Richt. A defensive coach from Bama looks great on paper but until he's been the HC, you don't know what you'll get. A lot of these hires that have taken place are not very smart ones IMO. We will never have the money to bring in the kind of coach you guys want anyway. I don't see how an unknown coach would boost attendance or anything else. Whoever we could get wouldn't have a big name unless that guy got fired and everyone knows he'll be gone as soon as the ship got righted.

After the LaTech game, I was pissed too but I also said that if we won out, I'd have to cut him some slack. I have. Winning 4 straight ain't easy no matter who you play. Most of the naysayers said we would never win out. Now that we have won out, you guys are still pissed. SMH

Reactions: MTSUSkyman
I'll cut and paste because this specific argument has little to do with giving CRS slack.

Pure and simple, you, me, Rick Stockstill, Chris Massaro, LeBron James, FaceBook, Myspace, Iphone, etc live in a what have you done for me lately society. Coaching, even more so. To question a contract that goes out that far is healthy and deserves scrutiny and understanding.

Brohm might stay one more season or might be gone next week. Monken will be gone next year if USM has a similar year. Instead of winning constantly, you win sporadically. A little here and a championship there but then you have to rebuild with new staff. ASU and NIU has been able to do it but the examples are very far in between.

Let's say we raised the money and bought him out which will never happen. How are we guaranteed that the guy replacing him would do better? West was mentioned in the comment above. Let's be clear about something right now. Stock accomplished a hell of a lot more than West did at Memphis. Fuente brought success there and bolted as soon as things got good. We were 2-1 over Fuente. You can make all of the excuses you want but bottom line, we beat his a$$ too. Memphis fans make me sick. They ragged the crap out of Fuente going into year 3. Most of the fan base wanted him fired and his seat was hot. Now you guys acted like you always loved him like he was born there. Such hypocritical B.S. Now he's gone before the last game was even finished. He was on I-40 headed to Blacksburg before the equipment staff could wash the team uniforms. What now?

We were 3-5 this year and could have folded. We didn't and guess what? Stock never abandoned those kids. He never gave up on them even when we did. So y'all can gripe all you want but that's the coach I want. He didn't leave after we won 10 games. He's incredibly loyal and we are still winning games. I don't get it.

Also, what if we bring in another good recruiting class and have a great year next year. Are you guys gonna say "well, let's give him another chance" or glad he's staying? Les Miles has the highest win percentage at LSU and because his AD, boosters and fans acted like idiots, his #1 recruiting class is ruined and he has to stay in a crappy work environment. What results will they get now?

Nebraska fired their coach for winning 9 games and look what happened. UGA is going to regret firing Richt. A defensive coach from Bama looks great on paper but until he's been the HC, you don't know what you'll get. A lot of these hires that have taken place are not very smart ones IMO. We will never have the money to bring in the kind of coach you guys want anyway. I don't see how an unknown coach would boost attendance or anything else. Whoever we could get wouldn't have a big name unless that guy got fired and everyone knows he'll be gone as soon as the ship got righted.

After the LaTech game, I was pissed too but I also said that if we won out, I'd have to cut him some slack. I have. Winning 4 straight ain't easy no matter who you play. Most of the naysayers said we would never win out. Now that we have won out, you guys are still pissed. SMH

May not be in exact line with the overall discussion, but Brent Stockstill for the next 3 seasons has me at least looking on the bright side. Replacing incredible LBs & Safeties is critical. Recruiting supporting cast, particularly along the line of scrimmage just might give Brent and team a chance to have some real special years.

Admittedly I'm not the coach stock advocate I once was, I do give him some credit. How many people on here would or have given back a $100,000 a year raise for 4 years? With all of this talk of coach stock's contract, I wonder if that returning hundreds of thousands of dollars for the program is forgotten.

After this season, it is time for more than a win or two above .500. It is time for coach stock to get to 10 wins and conf champ territory. I'd say that then my confidence in coach stock just might return. Until then, it's time to build and recruit some outstanding players for next year. The same ole same ole isn't cutting it anymore. The same ole 2-star avg C-USA players across the board does little to get the fans excited.

We're all fairly intelligent graduates of our alma mater. Each of us can read the differing comments, make an informed decision for ourselves, and then vote with our feet and wallets. No need to fight about it. Sorry, but I gave it nine years and can't see anything changing with the current hierarchy. The CRS contract just sealed the deal for me. Go Blue Raiders!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT