ADVERTISEMENT

Couple tidbits about fball roster....

MTsumner92

All American
Jul 31, 2005
Hendersonville
Xavier is back for senior season. I thought he was a senior last year.

I looks like they are moving Chris Brown over to Cornerback.

McNeil will be back for senior season.

DE Todney Evans was hurt in pre-season which is why we didn't see him all year.

At the end of the season last year they had to convert LB Ykeem Wells to a DE in order to have some depth. For some mysterious reason Aurismond wasn't able to fill that void as Ykeem passed him up as soon as he made the transition. I have concerns about Aurismond. Hope the light comes on for him this year.

Back up DT McBride almost doubled the production that McNeil had as a backup. McBride will finally have two years in our strength and conditioning program going into the fall. I would say McBride and Huff will be the starters next fall unless someone comes on and blows everybody away.

I think he got hurt early in his freshman year after he played in a game or two. Probably from that.

I believe he is referencing the fact that this will be his 6th season here. Not many guys get 2RS years. I guess the NCAA must feel sorry for him and Doughty.

I think, but am not 100%, that a player can apply for a medical redshirt if he plays less than 25% of snaps in a year and then is lost for the year due to injury. They can get this in addition to the regular redshirt year.

McNeil only played like 50 snaps in 2010, and then lost all of 2011 for an injury. He got the RS for 2011, and then applied to have 2010 declared a medical RS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT