ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Couple of updates

C-Bow

Hall of Famer
Staff
Dec 5, 2005
www.gomiddle.com
Hey guys, so just a couple of quick updates and some things to keep an eye on over the next days/weeks.

For starters, Calder Marria is still set to announce his commitment on Friday. I think MT is in a good spot here. Not sure if there's been any revelations with him since I talked with him last, but I plan on trying to catch up with him tomorrow to pick his brain a bit and see where his head is at.

JaVonta Payton announced a top 6 yesterday. He swiftly deleted the tweet, but MT was on the list. The staff is ALL IN on this kid right now. We'll see if their efforts pay off.

I did catch up with Zeke Cobb last night. Should have that Q&A up and posted tonight for you guys.

Lastly, as far as DT's go (it was brought up on the free board but I'd rather keep this stuff for you guys) look for MT to make a push for JUCO DT Walter Palmore. There's some academic questions with him. But it sounds like it would more affect him being able to go to some of the other schools on his list and not necessarily MT. Let me be clear though, this is a LONG shot possibility. Check him out though...his offer sheet is stacked. Also, Isaac Buell has the body to convert to DT and MT is also in on Jordan Ferguson from Norcross High (GA). He's a big LB and projects out as a DT at the next level. Ferguson is really high on MT right now. Word is he's actually tried to commit, but the staff doesn't really know too much about him. He's been to a lot of high schools so his tapes are all over the place. They have seen him in person, but I think they're letting some other things play out before they take him.

Phew...there you go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News