ADVERTISEMENT

Conservatives

BlueRaiderFan

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2003
Conservatives: "Democrats were the ones that voted to keep slavery."

Democrats: "Takes down the Confederate statues and flags on our public buildings and land. They represent slavery and oppression."

Conservatives: "Leave our history alone!"

36560218_1759853947438944_238649230737014784_n.jpg

But, Lynn... You guys have page after page of your conservative liberal bashing. I suppose it's just not in your constitution to share. Also, nice meme. Did you notice that Trump is expanding the deficit? I suppose we should do away with most of the government because conservatives want to misinterpret the Constitution and have their tantrums all over the internet. Hey... Here's an idea. Share the board. Start your own thread if need be but let me have mine just like others have on here. Thanks.

Last edited:
Also, that "20 trillion" includes "unfunded liabilities" which is a deceptive way of saying "things we haven't and never will fund, but that are on the books."

Ok, and our GDP is almost the same amount, so it's basically like being in debt for a car personally.

I see our President decided to take the low road and make fun of the #metoo movement. A movement that inspired many rape victims to speak out that were previously too afraid, too scared, or too ashamed to speak out about it. I see he's still embracing Putin. A man who ordered psychological warfare against us. To top it off, he started a trade war with China.

Ok, and our GDP is almost the same amount, so it's basically like being in debt for a car personally.

No its nothing like that. A car and a house are collateral if financed. Our debt has no collateral, the taxpayer is in debt. That's $64K for each citizen. So a family of four, that would be $256,000. $256,000 is way more that the average family makes.

Our working citizens make as much in a year as we owe. Of course it's not secured debt. What should we do, write up papers for NYC as collateral?

Conservatives are hyperbolic about this debt. Our debt ratio is reasonable.

I keep sharing facts you, you respond with absolutely nothing. You literally thought our unfunded liabilities was 20T, I showed you how far wrong you were - you didn't even acknowledge your ignorance. Right now at the current debt ration and "if" rates stay low we can manage it, but we have huge demographic issues with the Boomer retiring and the explosion on SSI and Medicare for the next 30 years. These are REAL issues. These problems are coming, we have known about them for years. We see them.

Yes, a country can have debt. But its been proven that once the debt reaches 100% of a countries GDP then it begins to effect the economy. The only reason why we have gotten away with things so far is our Fed has kept interest rates at way below historical norms, this has allowed us to run up our debt without having to pay much in interest - do you think this will last forever? Now, they can never raise rates, really. Because if they allow it, it would double our yearly deficits which would balloon our debt.

Whats the impact? One small example, A generation ago, your grandparents could park their money in CDs with they retired and they would earn 7-8% interest safely (sometimes 13-14%) and their retirement was secure. You and I will not be able to do this, we will have to risk our retirement in the stock and bond market because CDs will pay 2-3%.

Let me show you how real this is...you save your entire life and end up with $1M in savings. Your 67 and want to keep it safe. So you put it in CDs and earn 2.5% which equals to only $25,000 per year in income. That's it, $25K per year despite having $1 million dollars saved, sacrificing for 40 years to save and do the right thing. So you can't really live on that so you have to "risk" it in the market. And you had better hope you don't retire right when a market down turn happens like 1999 or 2008 when that $1M becomes $500K in 12 months. Now what do you do?

This isn't about what a conservative things, this is basic math. Learn the numbers and understand where they come from.

Ok, I'll respond as I read through this. 1) Did I need to respond to say that I was mistaken? No. You made a point and I responded. I highly doubt you would respond "Oh, yes, I was mistaken" in your response. Stop acting like you hold some moral high ground because you don't. Regardless, my point stands. Along with unfunded liabilities we have future earnings and our debt ratio is not unreasonable. FACT 2) You state "It's been proven that once we have a ratio of 100%." . Who proved it? A conservative funded group? There are many countries around 100% that are fine. FACT 3) We've had high interest rates with high debt ratios in the past. Having a lower debt ratio would be nice but our current ratio isn't out of the norm. These are facts that can be looked up. So, stop accusing me of not stating facts because that's a FACT. 4) CD rates have gone up and down historically. Stop acting like this is abnormal. If they don't like 2.5 they can get an annuity at a higher rate, or invest in less volatile mutual funds. You act like there's only the CD option. FACT 5) I don't appreciate your attitude in your post. If you want to debate like an adult fine, but you can take your "He made a mistake and is therefore ignorant about all things" attitude and shove it. Get off the high horse. I understand plenty. I've had some health issues that effect my memory. You aren't perfect.

Last edited:
Also, it IS about conservatives because they are crying the sky is falling about our debt when it isn't. Should we lower our debt a bit? Sure, it would be good to, but don't act like we are about to implode. It's a bullshit move. If you want less debt, talk to your guy in the White House who cut taxes so far on the wealthy that we now have increased the debt by $1 Trillion. FACT. Learn the numbers and understand where they came from...

Last edited:
Japan has a 200% debt ratio but no analysts etc are freaking out, FACT, why? Because Japan is a strong country with a strong economy. We are too. Stop acting like it's a catastrophe because we have a 100% debt ratio. Learn the numbers and understand where they came from...

Last edited:
Also, when CD rates were high, so were car, house, and credit card payments because overall interest rates were higher, FACT. This isn't just about your grandparents and retirees. Learn the numbers and understand where they came from...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT