ADVERTISEMENT

Conf USA announces 4 year, 40 game slate on NFL Network

BlueAlpha

Blue Raider Fan
Aug 24, 2015
Would be interested to know who approached who? All games televised will be conference games too. Could be a “proof of concept “ for the network to see if they want to wade into the college football tv market? Thus showing more live football instead of an endless loop of talk shows, reruns, and profile type programs. Confess I don’t watch this Network all that much. Have to think we are not getting much in the way of $$$ but can use it from a recruiting/marketing standpoint our conf is on the NFL Network. Certainly caught me off guard.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
This is a pretty big deal IMO. Hopefully we can bring in good viewership. Being associated with anything NFL is a positive.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I gotta say on the surface I am impressed. Curious to see the finer details of the deal but anything related to “network tv” and CUSA sounds great.

Wow! This NFL Network development looks quite favorable and will help MT and our conference brethren. Guess conference leadership can be trusted a tad more, maybe the IGA Express in Russellville, Kentucky. We can’t quite trust them with the entire IGA supermarket chain just yet without some more details.

Our leadership at MT still needs to earn their stripes: like a football conference championship, being back on a 100,000 FM flagship station, a law school for academics.

I personally love this. Very glad to see it's at least a 4 year contract. Would love to see the NFL Network move some of our games to Wednesday/Thursday/Friday because a lot of the times you are the only show on TV that night. Even Tuesdays would work. You would be surprised how many people watch the week-day games due to gambling, and it's only becoming more popular with some states legalizing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT