ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL I'Tavius Mathers to be on the NFL Network April 17

MTLynn

Hall of Famer
Jan 27, 2003
NFL draft notebook: I'Tavius Mathers to be on NFL Network

excerpt:

I'Tavius Mathers became the first player in NCAA FBS history to have 1,500 rushing yards, 500 receiving yards and 60 catches in the same season.

Despite a monster season after transferring from Ole Miss, Mathers is still considered a late-round pick or even undrafted free agent. The significance of the running back position in the NFL has diminished over the years as the NFL has become more of a passing league.

Still, Mathers' has garnered attention from several NFL teams including the Denver Broncos, New Orleans Saints, Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and additional teams who were all in attendance at his pro day.

Mathers will appear on "Good Morning Football" on the NFL Network on April 17, his agent Deryk Gilmore said.

With the depth of this RB draft class, there's a really good chance he'll go undrafted. I would love for the Titans to pick him up

Reactions: SpaceRaider
He will be like Benny where he will get to pick his team and I can see a couple of teams giving him a call. He might sneak into the late rounds

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT